Author Thread: Salvation! the joyful sound proclaims!
Admin

Salvation! the joyful sound proclaims!
Posted : 14 Sep, 2010 09:52 AM

This isn't easy for someone like me to try to talk about a very heavy matter - salvation.. With the help of God though, here it is...

O love that passeth knowledge, so patiently to wait! - W. How

I started reading the Bible 2 years ago. I regretted all my sins and did my best not to do them again. With all my heart, I decided to accept Jesus as my Savior who died on the cross instead of me. I even have done my best to preach the Gospel.

Have I done enough then? Or should I ask, CAN I even DO enough to enter that narrow gate? Certainly I cannot!

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Can I on my own will become God's child? Can I decide to become God�s child? Of course not. It is only when God wills it that I can become His child. If I receive Him, it is not I who will pull Him in so He can enter. He will enter my heart in His own will so I can receive Him. And that is if I am humbled and helpless enough to listen to the message of the Gospel and open my heart to it.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me."

For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, with him who has a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

For 2 years I have convinced myself that I was saved. However, 2 months ago, I was humbled down enough to admit that I need help because I realized that I couldn�t do anything anymore. And out of nowhere, the truth of the Gospel entered my heart!

"The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.''

I haven�t done anything. I was only listening and when I heard the words, everything in my brain came rushing down to my heart as if it was the first time that I heard all these. And then I read the hymns written by the saints of God centuries ago and reading them, I was astonished thinking that I have been singing these hymns in the past but only then can I fully understand what all these hymns mean. My heart leaped with joy as I sang the hymns that have long been proclaiming the power of the Lamb of God! For sure, it wasn�t taught to me by man. It is revealed by God!

These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

For now, I continue with my brothers and sisters in preaching the Gospel to anyone who are humble enough to listen.

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Feel free to send me a message if you want to talk about the Gospel.

friend1o1

View Profile
History
Salvation! the joyful sound proclaims!
Posted : 3 May, 2011 11:26 AM

Amen! Great testimony. The power of God's grace is awesome.