Author Thread: does anyone think a devotional like mine might be a good idea?
Admin

does anyone think a devotional like mine might be a good idea?
Posted : 5 Aug, 2008 08:08 AM

I write one myself because I could never find one that I felt was truly right for the variety of ladies on my mailing list(just 4, but all different and some unsaved, so far:prayingm: This is what I wrote today:

Do any of you ever notice that things "work" better when we don't fuss and worry over them? Well I was fussing and worrying over this devtional this a.m. To the point of tears, and asking God why couldn't I do just this one thing for Him this a.m. and to help my loved ones. Then I noticed my tiny dog standing near the door wanting to go out again. I just "layed it all down" and took him out. God does things for me that I don't realize are from Him til after:) As I walked back onto my deck and saw my one, snap-dragon plant blooming "again" I realized what He was saying to me(answering my earlier cry for help). He said it so clearly. He said "things don't work as well when you fuss and worry":) I've been worried about that little plant, as well as the tomatoe plants I am so hoping produce some good "maters" for my friends and I. But I had just left them alone for a couple of days and yep, they are all doing better without my fussing and worrying over them. I love to tell people God is in control and not to worry. It's always easy to tell someone else, but to see it in my own life, not so easy:)

I love each of you, your sister in Christ, denise

Do Not Worry

(Luke 12:22-31)

25 "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

28 "So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

As you can see I use scripture, of course, but draw from my own life way out here in the boonies where I live:) I think a devotional room would be good but only devotionals by us, not copied and pasted from someone elses. But, as I type that, any devotional someone feels is truly inspiried by the Holy Spirit should indeed, be welcomed:rocknroll: Love to all, a newbie(about 2 weeks I think)denise in southern Oregon:)

Deborahe

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Aug, 2008 08:34 AM

Denise,

I think your Devotional is a Fantastic idea ! :angel:

God Bless You,

Deborah

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Aug, 2008 09:33 AM

thanks Deborah! maybe it will "fly":) I guess the board team look at these and decide hey??

God bless your day, denise:waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Aug, 2008 12:09 PM

Denise

I think you have a wonderful idea. I try to stay positive but for some reason today I was a little "blusey." Your devotional spoke to my heart and soul and told me to put it all back in God's "inbox" and quit trying to adjust what He was already working on...thank you!

robin