Posted : 6 Aug, 2008 03:48 AM

Are they real ? :devil:

:angel: Deborah

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Demons
Posted : 6 Aug, 2008 10:38 AM

I am looking it up in my concordance, which is KJV.

( Hmmm, I sure wish we had an intellectual looking smiley, you know like a professor instead of those alcoholic ones? Anybody here know somebody, who knows somebody;who could do something here?)

Interesting--NO entries under the word: Demons----refers me to devil (61), devils (55).

So, no I don't believe in "demons" if I am in KJV.

If I am in NKJV, >YES>>>:angeldevil:

:goofball:

:angel:

:prayingf:

Susan

PS GOOD NEWS----->GREAT NEWS----->GOSPEL

:applause:Isaiah 61 fulfilled Luke 4:18-19:applause::nahnah:

:yay:Mk 16:17 You shall cast out devils:devil:demons in my name.:yay::nahnah:

:boxing:Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual wickedness in the heavenlies.:boxing::nahnah:

:party:Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.:party::yay::applause::angel::ROFL:

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

:peace::zzzz::peace::zzzz::peace::zzzz::peace::zzzz::zzzz::zzzz::zzzz::zzzz::zzzz:

Deborahe

View Profile
History
Demons
Posted : 6 Aug, 2008 12:38 PM

evil spirits, devils,unclean spirits, unclean devils..........

I've just always used demon when referring to them.

I'm sure folks know what I meant.

Thank you for setting the record straight,Susie, but sarcasm

is not a Godly trait.

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Demons
Posted : 6 Aug, 2008 03:18 PM

Actually, I wasn't being sarcastic (IMHO). I really do have a concordance with only KJV, and use a BIBLE that is NKJV. I was showing the trek it takes for me to find an answer. Sometimes it is frustrating because of the word differences. Truthfully, I didn't know KJV didn't use the word demon and found it informative, really.

Now as far as, sarcasm not being a quality or characteristic of the"CREATOR of all things" I will wait a few days to see what happens in my life before I agree or disagree. But a verse does come immediately to mind:

"But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise,

and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;

and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen,

and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,

that no flesh should glory in His presence." 1 Corinthians 1:27-29

And because I was sensitive to the perception of it being taken wrong, I dressed it up with my buddies (the foolish? oh now they are mad at me too!) to the right and humor. I was hoping it would have been recognized as honey. Sorry, if I missed the humor mark and brought on the rocks (sarcasm and ungodly). Sincerely, I wasn't trying to offend just inform w/humor what I found.

Sorry.

:peace:

Susan

Deborahe

View Profile
History
Demons
Posted : 6 Aug, 2008 04:03 PM

As usual, Satan has managed to turn what was meant to be a thread to teach and warn about him into a vehicle of criticism. He hates being revealed.

GOD is leading me elsewhere. Jealously is not a GODly trait either, Susie.

Happy posting, Saints.

:peace:

View Profile
History
Demons
Posted : 6 Aug, 2008 06:38 PM

Thank you Susie for the posting about demons. It made me investigate it myself and found your were right. I guess it's just a matter of how you interprete it in some places...devils=demons... and in some references it stated that it was in reference to idols. Anyway, the devil is the devil and I'm not talking chocolate cake. He does his business well and I truely believe he is kicking up the dust and it "ain't " in Georgia! Take Care!

Robin

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Demons
Posted : 6 Aug, 2008 10:00 PM

Robin,

Thank you for the encouragement. Hey, maybe it could be like that saying, "a rose by any other name is still a rose" and in this case it is a devil:angeldevil:demon. And I want to cast them out, keep them away from my children, under my feet, get my stuff that they stole back, protect my property from destruction, stop them from killing spiritually, emotionally, financially, and physically those that I love and care for and am looking forward to when the LORD casts them ALL into the lake of fire!!

Deborah,

You wrote:"As usual, Satan has managed to turn what was meant to be a thread to teach and warn about him into a vehicle of criticism."

:prayingf: FORUM RULES

"Welcome to the Christian Dating for Free Forums!

We hope that you enjoy meeting and engaging in stimulating discussions with other Christian Dating For Free members. We want you have a lot of fun with this area and even possibly learn a thing or two!

Obscenity, Inappropriate Language or Insults WILL NOT BE TOLERATED HERE. If you are found to be in violation of these terms, your profile will be deleted and you will be banned from the site. Also, do NOT promote your website or product here- links are prohibited.

Sorry for the stern message but this is very important. Now have a blast!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe my post followed both your purpose which was to "teach": I learned something in the research process and the verses I quoted would teach casting, wrestling, and overcoming. We were early in the discussion, so, had it progressed without... the warnings would have come forth.

I, also, believe I was following the criteria set forth by the webset--"stimulating discussions", "a lot of fun", "possibly learn a thing". I do not believe I breached the "Obscenity, Inappropriate Language or Insults WILL NOT BE TOLERATED HERE."

Although, I do believe I have been insulted several times?

1. sarcasm--dealt with previously.

2. not godly trait

3."vehicle of critism" I was trying to be a vessel of humor, information, and discussion. Funny-- a Pastor's Wife, once said in Bible study; "when God wants something done, most of the time HE uses people; and when Satan wants something done, most of the time HE uses people."

So, who was driving the "vehicle of criticism" on this trip? Hint: vessels don't drive, they pour out themselves.

4."Jealously is not a GODly trait either, Susie." I suppose that's a typo and should be jealousy.

Sorry, it is getting late for me. And I had a big day today. I will finish my response regarding jealousy and demons; when I get some rest and have done some more study.

Love in Christ,

Always,

Susan

:prayingf:

jeanene1987

View Profile
History
Demons
Posted : 6 Aug, 2008 10:31 PM

My mama has left CDff, because she doesn't want to be insulted any more with all the remarks made undercover. There's a fine line between joking and blasphemy. I've watched her cry more than once because of certain christian responses, and God has seen too. I think she will be better off without the constant questioning about what she believes. Yes, that was a typo in jealousy; I was typing for her and made the mistake. I do know she loves many of you.

Too bad you coudn't see that. God doesn't want His children to be hurt in any way and words can hurt. Don't worry about her; God is in control of her life. --- Shelly Jeanene

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Demons
Posted : 6 Aug, 2008 11:29 PM

Jeanne,

You are a wonderful daughter for helping your mother. I am sorry to hear your mom has cried.

My understanding of "discussion" is that it isn't a teacher/preacher situation but others/everyone gets to participate by both sharing and questioning. I visit the forum to do that. For me if it is an opportunity to test what I believe and I welcome the opportunity, usually. I, also, basically ignore insults and name calling-- preferring to be humble and apologize rather than retaliate (sp)--however, I will explain in hopes of clearing up any misconceptions, mistakes, misunderstandings, and miscommunications. I tend to turn the other cheek and get that one slapped, too.

I don't make undercover comments. I am from NJ originally and Irish/Italian origin-- verbal intrigue doesn't tend to fit me. I tend to say, what is on my mind and what is on my mind, I tend to say which isn't always a good thing

Yes, just like Hagar--I too know "the GOD who sees" EL ROI (Gen 16:13). And He knows my name, He wrote it on the palm of His hand. He knows my thoughts, my heart, my intentions, my desires, my faults, my sins, my hairs, my struggles, my tears, and He still loves me--Absolutely Amazing!

As I said earlier, jealousy will have to wait until tomorrow. I need a rest and it requires study plus scriptures.

Again, your mom is truly blest to have you as a daughter.

:waving:

Susan

jeanene1987

View Profile
History
Demons
Posted : 7 Aug, 2008 03:26 AM

I feel I am blessed to have her as my mother.

I don't know about the palm of His hand; But I know both of our names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Shelly Jeanene

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well :

the devils also believe, and tremble.

jeanene1987

View Profile
History
Demons
Posted : 7 Aug, 2008 06:07 AM

Susie,

I don't mean to be rude----- just taking up for my mama !

I'm sure your 8 children would do the same for you.

This is my last post on CDFF as well.

God Bless All Of You,

Shelly Jeanene

Page : 1 2