Author Thread: Psalm 50
Tulip89

View Profile
History
Psalm 50
Posted : 7 Nov, 2010 04:57 PM

I was reading Psalm 50 last night, and I came across this section:

"If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for the world and its fullness are mine. Do I eat the flesh of bulls or drink the blood of goats? Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving!"

How great an image is that? Do we really think God needs us to show up at Church on Sunday so he'll have some fun? Do we really think that God needs us to pray to him so he won't get lonely? We need to examine our acts of worship, that they might not be merely acts.

View Profile
History
Psalm 50
Posted : 7 Nov, 2010 05:07 PM

Tulip,

That is an awesome perspective!! :rocknroll:

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I founded earth? Declare, if thou hast known understanding.

Job 38:5 Who placed its measures--if thou knowest? Or who hath stretched out upon it a line?

Job 38:6 On what have its sockets been sunk? Or who hath cast its corner-stone?

Job 38:7 In the singing together of stars of morning, And all sons of God shout for joy,

Job 38:8 And He shutteth up with doors the sea, In its coming forth, from the womb it goeth out.

Job 38:9 In My making a cloud its clothing, And thick darkness its swaddling band,

Job 38:10 And I measure over it My statute, And place bar and doors,

Job 38:11 And say, `Hitherto come thou, and add not, And a command is placed On the pride of thy billows.'

Job 38:12 Hast thou commanded morning since thy days? Causest thou the dawn to know its place?

Job 38:13 To take hold on the skirts of the earth, And the wicked are shaken out of it,

Job 38:14 It turneth itself as clay of a seal And they station themselves as clothed.

Job 38:15 And withheld from the wicked is their light, And the arm lifted up is broken.

Job 38:16 Hast thou come in to springs of the sea? And in searching the deep Hast thou walked up and down?

Job 38:17 Revealed to thee were the gates of death? And the gates of death-shade dost thou see?

Young's Literal Translation

Thunder

View Profile
History
Psalm 50
Posted : 7 Nov, 2010 08:52 PM

God doesn't even need our obedience.....

.....but we sure do!

Hmmmmm......I am going to chew on that for awhile!

......yet that could turn into giving to get.....

..there has to be more....

.....But God does have desires.....

....can mere man satisfy those desires......

....wow I would have to say yes.......

.....why does that thought fill me with awe and a acute awareness of who we are......

....*just thinking out loud*.......

....hopefully my mind hasn't wandered off into a ditch.

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Psalm 50
Posted : 7 Nov, 2010 10:19 PM

John Piper puts it best when he says that God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in him. God is all that is good, all that is right, and all that is just in the universe. To seek satisfaction apart from him is an affront to his goodness. We were created to seek happiness and satisfaction, but we were created to seek full happiness and satisfaction, which can only be found in Him.