Author Thread: Went camping
Admin

Went camping
Posted : 8 Nov, 2010 09:03 AM

The past weekend I went camping with my young adult ministry. The purpose to to draw closer to God by being in the world he created.

I truly drew closer to Him. Friday night it went down to 30-something degrees (Yes it can get cold in Florida) and I didnt have the best provsions. What was worth the tent I was in was basically just misquito net- no way of blocking the cold. I tried to sleep and around 3:30 in the morning I woke up uncontrollablly shivering and dry heaving. Couldnt feel any of the limbs, I was pretty much going into shock from hyperthermia. Thankfully the van was that we all drove in was unlocked and I manged to get in it. With the cold being blocked I huddled up as much as I could and started praying. I was able to warm up a bit, enough to fall asleep safly. A few hours later, about 6:30ish I stepped out of the van to answers nature's call. On the way back to the van I saw the pastor just staring up. I looked up with him and was astouded by all the stars. It was that moemnt I didnt care about my cold feet (couldnt get feeling back into my feet until the sun was up).

The folllowing night we were worshipping by the campfire. Something came over me and I broke down as we sang praises. I was looking up at the stars again. I felt the Holy Spriit move me that night. I dont know about the others in my fellowship but I know I've drawn closer to Him.

View Profile
History
Went camping
Posted : 12 Nov, 2010 02:11 PM

That is awesome Wes...Totaly relate to be out in God's wonderous nature...thank you for sharing this with us. God is good...xo