Author Thread: Question? What do you think Jesus meant by...
Admin

Question? What do you think Jesus meant by...
Posted : 8 Nov, 2010 08:06 PM

"...what you bind on earth is bound in Heaven and what you loose on earth is loosen in Heaven."?

Specifically, when He said this to Peter and The Apostles. If you can find Scripture to back up your answer it would be great.

Peace

Steve

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2010 10:43 AM

FIRST, WE NEVER WILL UNDERSTAND THE TRUTH WITH OUR THOUGHT PROCESSES, TRUTH IS ALWAYS SPRITUALLY DISCERNED. 1st COR. 2:14. CONCERNING MT.18, 18:20 I WILL SAY THIS, BELIEVERS AUTHORITY, THE LAW OF SOWING AND REAPING, THE LAW OF FAITH.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2010 11:02 AM

@twosparrows:

Nothing is to deep for the Holy Spirit within the believers.

Just Iron sharpening iron.

St.George

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2010 11:59 AM

@PJ

I agree, but the truth must first be presented so that it may be discerned . I suspect you are in agreement; therefore in prayer.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2010 10:52 PM

�Perhaps show can show me in scripture where the words "Vicar, Successor and Dynasty" occur?� (your words).

Isaiah 22: 15-25

These verse have to do with God ousting Shebna (the Prime Minister�Bishop�whatever you want to call him) a man of Power and Authority and replacing him with someone chosen by God Himself.

In verses 21 and 22 you will notice that the Dynasty that was started by King David is being passed from Shebna to Eliakim. All of the Powers and Authority that Shebna had is being given to Eliakim. The Dynasty will continue with Eliakim.

Notive the phrase �What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.� Implying what? Obviously it means what Laws he decrees are to be obeyed and what Laws he strikes down need not be obeyed.

Also very important is �22 I will place on his shoulder

The KEY to the HOUSE of DAVID�.

Again�this is just stating that the Dynasty that was started with King David is being passed on and continued.

In Matthew Chap 16 Jesus gives Peter �The Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven�.

Thus starting a Dynasty with Peter being The First and everyone following Peter would also receive all The Powers and Authority bestowed on Peter.

Isaiah Chap 22

15 This is what the Lord, the LORD Almighty, says:

�Go, say to this steward,

to Shebna the palace administrator:

16 What are you doing here and who gave you permission

to cut out a grave for yourself here,

hewing your grave on the height

and chiseling your resting place in the rock?

17 �Beware, the LORD is about to take firm hold of you

and hurl you away, you mighty man.

18 He will roll you up tightly like a ball

and throw you into a large country.

There you will die

and there the chariots you were so proud of

will become a disgrace to your master�s house.

19 I will depose you from your office,

and you will be ousted from your position.

20 �In that day I will summon my servant, Eliakim son of Hilkiah. 21 I will

Clothe him with your robe and fasten your sash around him and hand YOUR AUTHORITY over to him.

He will be a father to those who live in Jerusalem and to the people of Judah. 22 I will place on his shoulder

-- The Key to the House of David;--

-- What he opens no one can shut,--

and what he shuts no one can open.�

23 I will drive him like a peg into a firm place; he will become a seat[a] of honor for the house of his father. 24 All the glory of his family will hang on him: its offspring and offshoots�all its lesser vessels, from the bowls to all the jars.

25 �In that day,� declares the LORD Almighty, �the peg driven into the firm place will give way; it will be sheared off and will fall, and the load hanging on it will be cut down.� The LORD has spoken.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2010 12:09 AM

Dear Steve

Let me see if I have the facts straight:

700 years before the New Testament Church there was this guy ; Shenba who was the palace administrator. Isaiah had a vision and wrote a oracle about him that basically says ; because Shebna was to proud, Eliakim would replace him. (Isaiah 36:3 says : "Eliakm son of Hilkiah the palace administrator, Shebna the secertary." Apparently Shebna was demoted to secretary

Good so far?

Then you point out in this passage the word "keys" are used as a metaphor for authority.

Steve, I honestly tried to see what you are saying here, I must apologize for your meaning evades me. I do not see any references to " Vicar, Successor or Dynasty" What does this have to do with Jesus, the Apostles and the New Testament Church?

HONESTLY; PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!

Truth & Grace to you

chuck

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2010 12:24 AM

P.S. Steve ; FYI : The kingdom of David was passed to king Hezekiah not to Elakim and Shebna ( they were a administrator and secretary. )

To reiterate ; I fail to see what this has to do with the New Testament Church. Kindly please explain.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Nov, 2010 05:41 PM

I stand corrected...

the throne did pass to Hezekiah. What I wanted to point out was that the Dynasty was being passed on.

It is interesting the similar wording:

"what door is open..."

"what you shall bind..."

"The Keys to the Kingdom of David"

"The Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven"

One is of this world (Earth).

The other is not ( Heaven).

Bottom line is I would rather believe what Christ told The Apostles and what they related to their Disciples and told them to "Hold fast these Traditions" along side of Sacred Scripture (which The Church decide what was and was not Sacred Scripture).

The Church had no problem believing what The Apostles told them (what was told to The Apostles by Christ Himself) and was heldfast for over 1500 years.

Page : 1 2