Author Thread: He who finds a wife finds a good thing
Admin

He who finds a wife finds a good thing
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 08:00 AM

"She who finds a husband finds a good thing" ---> Where in the Bible is it written?

Are wives the only good things ever? :ROFL:

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 08:53 AM

Proverbs 18:22

"He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD."

but remember no scripture is of private interpretation .....

Proverbs 25:24

"Better to live on the corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife."

Proverbs 21:19

"Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife."

Proverbs 19:13

".......a quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping."

Proverbs 19:14

Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the LORD."

Proverbs 27:15-16

"A quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping on a rainy day ; restraining her is like restraining the wind or grasping oil with the hand."

Proverbs 12:4

"A wife of noble character is her husbands crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones."

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 08:56 AM

PROVERBS 31:10

"A WIFE OF NOBLE CHARACTER WHO CAN FIND....?"

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 09:03 AM

Wow ...it just really hit home exactly why I am not with my last girl friend.....a incredibly cute but terribly quarrelsome creature.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 04:49 PM

Behold,this I have found,saith the preacher, counting one by one, to find out the account: Which my soul seeketh, but I find not; one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found.

Ecclesiastes 7: 27;28

:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Nov, 2010 12:01 AM

That's it!

I mean, why the Bible talks a lot about wife is a good thing yet never mentions anything about a hubby is a good thing?

@2sparrows: oh dear, thank God He still kept u safe from that woman! Hehehe :D

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Nov, 2010 12:42 AM

Yes..you are so right...I would be loving on the corner of a roof top right now!

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Nov, 2010 12:47 AM

Sorry, forgot to answer your question...

Why doesn't talk about a hubby being a good thing?....It because everybody already knows that! Hehehe. :goofball::ROFL:

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Nov, 2010 01:06 AM

:ROFL:

Nah, that can't be it. Jesus is the groom. He would be the hubby. Wait.. That means.. Hubby is the best thing and wife is only a good thing? :bouncy: I am so gonna protest to Him! :ROFL::ROFL:

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Nov, 2010 11:23 AM

@ Jesuslovesyouandme:

Grace and Peace be to you.

The man throughtout Scripture has had the bigger responsibility.

Eph 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Col 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

Man was created to be a warrior/conquerer even as the LORD is a warrior/conquerer.

The mans responsibilty is to initiate the relationship,the woman usually is the one who responds.

Scripture tells us the woman is the weaker vessel,this is physically weaker,not spiritually,intellectually,or even socially.

Agape' and Charis:

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Nov, 2010 12:05 PM

@JesusLoves

Everyone knows that to! :goofball::ROFL: