Author Thread: Demonic Possession
Admin

Demonic Possession
Posted : 20 Nov, 2010 06:26 PM

Is it real? Can a demon literally enter a person's body?

View Profile
History
Demonic Possession
Posted : 21 Nov, 2010 09:31 AM

I don't understand how a Christian [born-again, blood-bought, believer] can be possessed by anything demonic...

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. -1 John 4:4

View Profile
History
Demonic Possession
Posted : 21 Nov, 2010 11:32 AM

MY PEORLE PERISH FROM A LACK OF KNOWLEDGE

View Profile
History
Demonic Possession
Posted : 21 Nov, 2010 01:45 PM

@PJ

Been thinking about your post where you say a Christian can be demon possessed. Wouldn't you say the very "definition" of a born again Christian who is filled with the Holy Spirit negate that possibility? Wouldn't it make them a spiritual schizophrenic? If one is possessed by the Spirit and a demon who possesses the soul at the time of death?....just thinking out loud here......

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Demonic Possession
Posted : 21 Nov, 2010 03:27 PM

oppression is different than posession

View Profile
History
Demonic Possession
Posted : 21 Nov, 2010 05:12 PM

MAN IS A SPIRIT AND HE HAS A SOUL AND HE LIVES IN A BODY

View Profile
History
Demonic Possession
Posted : 21 Nov, 2010 06:36 PM

@PJ

Need some definitions : I'm good with the body, by mans spirit I assume you mean that spark of life God breathed into us when he created us. But how do you define the soul?

View Profile
History
Demonic Possession
Posted : 21 Nov, 2010 06:47 PM

Demons are real. I have contended with them in the past and every now and then. Demons can and do inhabit human bodies (Acts 19:16) to the point that they completely control the human themself in a manner that is truly terrifying to behold.

Plain old human depravity out of an unclean and carnal human nature is too often mistaken for demons, however.

In contrast, Christians are indwelt by the Holy Spirit (1Co 3:16) and cannot be possessed the same way. They can be buffeted emotionally, spiritually and even physically by demonic presences but their chief operation now is to send deception that must be discerned (1 John 4:1).

I would say Christians can be OPPRESSED by demons, not possessed. I have felt oppression by them but have known in Whom I have believed in and have never given any place to them (Luke 10:19).

View Profile
History
Demonic Possession
Posted : 21 Nov, 2010 06:49 PM

There is no Biblical basis for Christians being possessed by demons. There are also no examples in the Bible of Christians being possessed. Some point to Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5) as being evidence that Christians can be possessed but many would argue that they were not Christians because they lied to the Holy Spirit.

I have posted here before about demon possession and I know that it is very real but also very rare in most parts of this country. I have had first hand experience with demonic possession and oppression. I do not believe Christians can be possessed.

Thunder

View Profile
History
Demonic Possession
Posted : 21 Nov, 2010 09:31 PM

Thunder good to see you back, missed you, you have been on my mind mind the last couple days.

View Profile
History
Demonic Possession
Posted : 22 Nov, 2010 05:53 PM

I have recently bought a book at walmart about routing demonic spirits. I will get the title and give to you all soon.

Dennis

Page : 1 2 3