Author Thread: The Diminished Gospel Taught In the Chuirches
Admin

The Diminished Gospel Taught In the Chuirches
Posted : 24 Nov, 2010 07:03 AM

Bernard Pyron

The idea of a diminished Gospel now taught in most churches is importand as a defining characteristic of the age. On November 12, 2010 I posted a comment called "What Does the "Church" Include In Its Gospel?"

There are some things I might add to this post. The Greek word in the New Testament from which gospel is translated is euaggelizo. Strong's Exhaustive Concordance says Greek word number 2097 means to announce, good news, declare, bring tidings... The definition does not limit gospel to only the life and death of Christ. The gospel incluides all the good news of the New Testament.

When churches come to teach a diminished gospel it means they tend to leave out or not emphasize doctrines in the New Testrament which Christians of this age do not want to hear. In other words the Christians have itching ears to hear only what they like to hear.

During the era of the Old Covenant there was a time when many, such as David, Elijah, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and others, were in God, had faith and were in God's rest, in his Seventh Day of rest. But the children of Israel moved from that day of rest to another day in which they mingled the true faith in God with man's religion. The Jewish Talmud is a book about this mingling. Christ speant a lot of his time in criticism of thje religion of the Pharisees, which was a mix of the true faith with man's false religion. Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, he said and he and Paul both said a little leaven leavens the whole loaf.

Then the Roman Catholic Church came along after the early congregations of Christians had the true faith in Christ and were born again in him and the Catholics mexed the true faith with man's religion, especially with pagan beliefs, rituals and images, and with man's government substituting for that of the Lord's rule.

Now in the 19th century the man made theology called dispenstionalism appeared with its teachings that God has two very different groups of people with whom he deals in very different ways, the Jews and the "Church," that Jews, saved or unsaved, are still his chosen people, and that especially Christians or the "Church" will not go through the tribulation, which is a false teaching that appeals to man's mentality, his way of thinking. Dispensationalism is a somewhat more subtle form of the mingling of true faith with man's religion.

One thing which gives away the fact that dispensationalism is a mix of man's religion with the teue faith is that the early dispensationalists promoted what Paul in Galatians 1: 13 calls the religion of the Jews, which is the religion of the Pharisees of Christ's time, or an early form of Talmudic Judaism, and this is a mix of man's religion with the true faith in the Old Covenant, and pretending to be that true religion harking back to David. "We have Abraham as our father." Instead of making a distinction between the partly man made religion of the Pharisees, the Jew's religion, and the true faith of God's people of the Old Covenant, dispensationalism says in effect that all Jews are God's chosen people and that God deals with them differently than he deals with the "Church." But in fact Paul says in Romans 11 that they are cut off the good olive tree, which is Israel reborn in Jesus Christ.

Dispensationalists might have promoted Roman Catholicism as their example of a mix of man's religion with the true faith, but that would not have gone over well with 19th and early 20th century protestants.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Nov, 2010 09:00 AM

@half:

Homer:

If what is being taught is diminished is it 'The Authentic Gospel.

If it is not,the what are the consequences.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

I would say that a good many so called evangelical churches are proclaiming another gosple.

How about these for example.

Give your heart to Jesus.

Pray this prayer.

Repent,confess your sins,be baptized and you will be saved.

Just accept Jesus into your heart.

Do what Romans 10:10 says.

Are these Biblical or just the attrocities of men?

Agape' and Charis:

St.George

ps:

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Nov, 2010 11:40 AM

@halfback

Enjoyed your post, 2 things I gleaned:

1) dispensationalism = religious racism

2) just as the pharisees were in error claiming they had the true religion and Abraham as their father....So catholics are in error, claiming the true religion and Peter has their father.....(old covenant error repeated in the new covenant....history repeats itself.....the predictability of man...Lol)

Good stuff!........:yay:

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Nov, 2010 12:48 PM

Halfback Shared ~ When churches come to teach a diminished gospel it means they tend to leave out or not emphasize doctrines in the New Testament ((( which Christians of this age do not want to hear. In other words the Christians have itching ears to hear only what they [ like ] to hear. )))...:applause:...

*** I couldn�t Agree more�Nice Article post�Thank you for sharein this�.an Please do hava Blessed ThanxsGiving with Family & Friends�:eat:...God Bless you & yours�xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Nov, 2010 05:11 PM

The Church of Jesus Christ is filled with false teachers who preach a false watered down gospel that produces millions upon million of false converts. A gospel that promises wealth, health and prosperity. These false teachers make Jesus their Holy ATM. A gospel that promises love, joy and happiness. A gospel that invites and begs unbelievers to come to Jesus Christ.

The Biblical Gospel of Jesus Christ is not an invitation but rather a command. Imperative words such as: �Repent�, �Believe�, �Enter� the narrow gate are all commands and not invitations. Instead of sinners beating their chests like the publican in Luke 18 crying:

�God be merciful, to me a sinner!�

This watered down gospel gives sinners the impression they are doing Jesus Christ this big favor in agreeing to receive Him as Lord and Savior. Instead of sinners crying out:

�O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?� (1)

This watered down gospel invites millions upon millions to enter the �wide gate� which leads to eternal damnation; eternal hell. These preachers avoid preaching on sin, judgment, Satan, demons, hell or the wrath of God. They avoid preaching on �God�s terms� for entering His Kingdom. Terms such as self denial, picking up the cross daily and following Jesus. Terms such as �Spiritual Bankruptcy� that every sinner needs to meekly mourn over. Terms such as �Hunger and Thirst for Righteousness�. Terms such as the wrath of God, trials and tribulations. Terms such as:

�� narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life and there are few who find it� (Matt 7:14).

These Charismatic preachers are not even called by God into the ministry. These con artists are well versed in manipulating and fleecing God�s sheep and leading millions of false converts to hell. They trick un-repented sinners into walking down the aisle, reciting a short prayer and signing a commitment card. Not only that, they then assure them of their salvation based on untested profession. Assuring anyone of salvation is the work of the Holy Spirit and not man (Romans 8:16). Assuring un-repented sinners of their salvation has to be one of the most abominable acts.

Many of these preachers not only are not called by God, but are not even saved. They are not born again. No wonder their Churches which appear alive are dead. Many like Nicodemus call themselves rulers, teachers and reverends. Nicodemus was a Pharisee, a Jewish Ruler, a teacher of Israel and a member of the Sanhedrin, yet did not understand what it meant to be saved; to be born again.

Jesus told Nicodemus:

�Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. (2)"

Nicodemus responded:

�How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?" (3).

Jesus again said to Nicodemus:

�� Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again " (4).

Again Nicodemus answered Jesus saying:

�How can these things be? (5)".

Listen to Jesus� response this time:

�Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? � If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? � (6).

You see unregenerate teachers and pastors who are not called by God produce �false converts�. Converts that are religious but lost. Converts who will weep on Judgment day crying:

� Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!� (7).