Author Thread: Fear:What are Christians afraid of ?
Admin

Fear:What are Christians afraid of ?
Posted : 25 Nov, 2010 08:02 AM

@ Everyone:

I happen to be a truck driver;

In the past i had driven mainly East of the Mississippi,and I had been to California 2times,Washington St.1.

I have found throughout my travels that there is a very disturbing amount of professing American Christians living in fear.

A lot are afraid of dying,yet as believers is not death a good thing,seeing it takes us from this life into the realm of Yeshua..

So then what are American Christians afraid of..

1.Many are afraid to share the Gosple with others,Why?

2.Christians are afraid of dying,Why?

3.Many are afraid of being poor and without things.

Many forsake and seperate themselves when they gather together.

Others fear embracing those that think and believe differently then themselves,such as Catholics,Seventh Day Adventists ect.

I am not saying to embrace the beliefs of the cultists,

Musilims,Hindus,Krishna's or Jehovahs/False Witnesses;

But to witness to them of who Yeshua is and what He is like..

I find American Christians afraid to admit that they do not Love Yeshua or even other believers.

Since 'Perfect love casts out fear'

1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Where does this fear originate and what could be done about this.

I hope that everyone has a Blessed and safe weekend.

Agape and Charis:

St.George

ps:

Beware of the fourwheelers this weekend,as everyday.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Nov, 2010 01:42 PM

Just curious, trucker, Why do you say Yeshua and not Jesus?

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of JESUS every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of glory of God the Father.

Why not use the name Jesus?

Wondering why?

God Bless,

Deborah

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Nov, 2010 02:20 PM

@ Dennis:

Thanks Dennis:

Pray as I go to work tonight at midnight.

The roads in Pennsylvania might be a bit slick tonight.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Nov, 2010 03:57 PM

Number to know the lord thru his word is to know the truth, and the truth tells us that fear is a spirit, so the problem goes back to not knowing the God of the word.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Nov, 2010 04:42 PM

We are Created in God's Image.

Does that mean that God can be "fearful" because we have that emotion in us?

Of course not...that does not "compute"...He that Created Everything can not be "afraid" of that which He Created!

Fear...in my Opinion is simply the Lack of Courage. Fear is an indicator that something is wrong...call it a warning sign.

God gave us this warning sign for a reason.

How we react to this "warning" sign is what we need to focus on. Yes...the unknown can and should be a sorce of Fear. Having Faith in God will alleviate much if not all of your Fear.

Still at the moment of "the fan hitting the s*it" (or something like that) you never know how you will react.

But I see where you are going with this...Yes we as Christians should have The Peace of Christ's inside of us and we should not have any fear...yet?

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Nov, 2010 07:38 AM

Thank you for posting this question. I have thought about it often as I often find myself with fear.

Sometimes I relate fear to a band aid being pulled off. We know the band aid needs to come off and that it is for the better, but we still cringe with anticipation over the pain of it being ripped off.

Ok, so God is in control, maybe it is His will for me to go through something bad, but that doesn't mean I will like the pain which is about to happen.

Like your example, I may fear losing a job and not having the money to pay my mortgage and then losing my home to end up living on the streets. There are Christians in countries with far far lower standards of living. That live in shanty towns. Who is to say that the Lord is not willing to let me be lowered to that standard?

I am not afraid of death per se, at least I will end up in a better place. But may be fearful of the process. Laying in a hospital bed dieing of cancer for months on end, all alone, with no one there in the wee hours of the night does not sound like fun. I would be fearful. Look at Foxes Book of Martyrs. How many Christians have been allowed to die horrible painful deaths? I would fear being in an arena of lions about to eat me or being tied to a stake to be burned.

Old age. I find that I can be fearful of becoming old poor and still alone. I don't want to be sitting in this same condo when I am 70 with no one to talk to and no money.

From Hebrews 11

"Others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. 36 Still others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yes, and of chains and imprisonment. 37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, were tempted,[f] were slain with the sword. They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented� 38 of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, in dens and caves of the earth. "

I know I would probably be fearful if I was about to be sawed in two.

So to answer your question, I have not yet figured out how not to have fear considering bad things do happen to Christians. I haven't figured out how to overcome the anticipation of the bandaid being ripped off.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Nov, 2010 10:15 AM

@Shawn:

Hello Shawn:

There are at leat two/2 types of,mabe even more.

Thers is fear which can paralizea person from doing what they know they should be doing.

ie:A person prays;Lord give me the chance to share the Gospel with my neighbors which are Hindus.

The Lord grants this request,when the opportunity is given the person shrinks back from sharing the Gospel.

A person can also be motivated by fear.

How many people in the Old and New Covenants were killed because someone feared the person.

Governments are motivated by the fear of the people raising up to remove those in authority.

They want to keep the people under their thumbs.

Look up the word fear,and see how the people reacted and acted,because of fear.

Agape' and Charis:

St.George

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Nov, 2010 09:03 AM

George I am well aware of the the title

Yeshua, just as I am also aware of the value of the church being of one mind and one accord and not trying to stand out in the crowd.

Concerning this post should we major on the problem or more so on the answer.

Fear is Spirit and until one realizes that you haven't done anything.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 05:10 PM

@ PJ:

Where do you get you understanding of these things from PJ:

Do you blame everything that you do which is wrong on the Devil or spirits.

Do you take credit for doing right.

Show me the Scripture where,Fear is a spirit.

A spirit of fear.

So then everyone that fears,can blame the spirit of fear for their having fear.

Or blame the spirit of lust,for their lusting.

Or blame the spirit of poverty that i cannot pay the bills i made,because the spirit of poverty made me broke,by spending the funds on the lottery tickets.

Had I won,i would have paid the bills.hahahahahahahaha

When will you and the other health and wealthers take responsibility for you actions,and stop blaming the spirits of......just put a name here,and stop blaming the devil.

He has enough problems of his own for eternity...

Agape' and Charis:

St.George

Page : 1 2