Author Thread: Utopia or Ninevah?
Admin

Utopia or Ninevah?
Posted : 30 Nov, 2010 05:52 PM

Where are you now and where are you going? Are you quick to run to warm and pretty places? Quick to embrace the sparkle and glitter of life? Or, do you follow where God leads you? To those places outside your comfort zone? To the person you'd rather not minister to? Do you sit down and stay awhile in the not-so-good circumstance -- asking God what His plan is and to give you wisdom? Or, do you run to your little Utopia, fingers in your ears and lips singing, "I can't hear you..."?

Can you only be in one place or the other? Is there a balance between "self care" and serving God?

View Profile
History
Utopia or Ninevah?
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 08:57 PM

I had my fingers in my ears and God literally broke my hand a couple months ago.

You can be in both places and be used of God, just not to your full potential.

Our God is a God of balance, those who view Him as a extremist are to much in the world. To me there is no balance to achieve, serve God and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Matthew 6:33

"But seek first the kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well"

Many people think they need to do this or that to serve God....Not unless God has called you to a specific thing. Just stay prayed up, close to Him, obedient and live life, He will bring divine appointments to you!

View Profile
History
Utopia or Ninevah?
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 08:10 PM

@ Pixy:

I believe the difference between Utopia and Nineveh is that one place is fantasy land the other is reality as revealed of GOD.

The LORD usually does not reveal Himself to us in Utopia but rather in the depths of Nineveh.

Nineveh reveals GODs love for the lost.

Utopia is mans fantasy world,where people are not supposed to suffer,get sick or be poor.

Utopia does not exisit.

Nineveh is where YHWH reveals to us what is within our hearts.

Jonah was told of GOD to go to Nineveh,yet in his rebellious heart and mind,he wanted to go to Utopia/Tarshish.

YHWH allowed Jonah to think that he was going to get to Utopia,Yet where did YHWH bring Jonah:

That's right,to Nineveh.

YHWH will make sure that we get to where we are to be.

Did not Paul and Peter arrive where Yeshua said they would be.

The work and people we should be with,being ordained of GOD ,will He not also see to it that we arrive there..

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Psa 139:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.

Psa 139:2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

Psa 139:3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

Psa 139:4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.

Psa 139:5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

Psa 139:6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

Psa 139:7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Psa 139:9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

Psa 139:10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

Psa 139:11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

Psa 139:12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

Psa 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

Psa 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Psa 139:15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

Psa 139:16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

Thanks for this posting Pixy.

Agape' and Charis:

St.George

Page : 1 2