Author Thread: Jesus* told Peter...
Admin

Jesus* told Peter...
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 02:11 PM

" Feed my Sheep "...

How are WE to Feed LORD Jesus* Sheep ???

View Profile
History
Jesus* told Peter...
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 02:34 PM

When I go out of town I hire the girl down the road to feed my horses. So what does it mean to her and to me to feed my horses when I'm out of town?

It means obviously to give them hay and grain at the proper times, But also it means to, check their water, check the fencing and gates,check for any conditions that might cause an injury, check and see that they are healthy and sound, either take care of any problems or call me.

Feed my sheep is a metaphor for taking care of Gods children, spiritually and physically.

View Profile
History
Jesus* told Peter...
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 05:43 PM

God's Jude,

I think that Jesus told Peter to "Feed my Sheep". It is interesting and important (I believe) that Christ gave this responsibility to Peter (The Rock). It's kind of like Christ was naming Peter in charge of Christ's Sheep here on earth. Ya think?

View Profile
History
Jesus* told Peter...
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 07:58 PM

Geeze Steve do you ever quit....opps!....we have to play nice, this is Godjudes thread....lol : )

View Profile
History
Jesus* told Peter...
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 09:53 PM

I think Jesus had a lot of money, you know, the stuff he got from the three wise guys and he probably owned a lot of sheep. Jesus knew that if Peter was a good fisherman he'd probably also make a good shepherd. He wasn't going to let any old disciple take care of his sheep he wanted to be sure the new caretaker really loved Him too. So Jesus asked Peter three times if he loved Him and when He was convinced Jesus knew Peter was the man for the job. Little did Jesus know that Peter was a quitter. That's right. Peter abandoned the sheep and moved to Rome where he built a lot of funny looking buildings and started a false religion based on paganistic rituals and symbolism. And to this day we have the great example of this church to us that symbols are for the symbol minded. A great and awesome lesson indeed.

Thunder

View Profile
History
Jesus* told Peter...
Posted : 1 Dec, 2010 11:01 PM

:rolleyes:......................:excited:.....................:ROFL:

View Profile
History
Jesus* told Peter...
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 11:09 AM

Very Funny Gents...NOT...I didn�t start this thread for the Purpose of Showing HOW NOT to Feed Christ Jesus* Sheep�Boys will be Boys�an Men will be�.never mind�:rolleyes:...

2Spar shared ~ Feed my sheep is a metaphor for taking care of Gods children, spiritually and physically.

*** I agree�but � HOW � Spiritually an Physically are We as Christs� Apostles, Deciples, Children to Feed the Sheep ?�Got any more insight or Scripture ta share ?�xo

Arch ~ No I don�t think that�I believe It was ALL the Apostles responsibility to Feed the Sheep afor an after Christ left us Physically�don�t ya Think ??? When Christ asked Peter � Who do You think I am � ? And Peter answered � The Christ � and Jesus replied � This is the Rock I will build MY Church upon�is not in Reference to a man / person�it is in reference to the {{{ FAITH }}} that Peter has in Christ Jesus*�not a Denomination or Building�which is not part of this Topic of discussion�Got any Scripture pertainin ta Feedin Jesus Sheep ?�xo

ToG ~ I can see by this postin that you are taking this down the Smash Catholics road�Not really what I was aimin for�Got any Scripture ta share bout Feedin the Sheep ?�xo

View Profile
History
Jesus* told Peter...
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 12:58 PM

Ok I'll make a stab @ "Boys to Men"

Scripture leaves us a great historical example of the apostles and their cohorts feeding sheep.

:purpleangel:*The first thing the sheep need to be fed is the Gospel which effectively sets them free from the abusive shepherd.

:purpleangel:*After being fed milk of the Gospel and nursed along for a bit, they need to be given the meat of scripture and taught to feed themselves

:purpleangel:*The sheep need the bread that Jesus spoke of when he referred to the true bread as ; every word that comes from the Fathers mouth.

:purpleangel:*The sheep not only need the bread but must learn how to feed themselves this bread through the indwelling Holy Spirit.

:purpleangel:*A important responsibility in feeding sheep is to see to it they don't eat anything poisonous. This is modeled repeatedly in the new testament as the writers expose and warn not to eat poisonous teachings and doctrines

:purpleangel:*The ultimate goal is to feed the sheeplets so not only can they grow into sheep that can obtain their own food; (bread and meat) but have a abundance to share with other sheep just as Jesus and the

apostles modeled for us.

:purpleangel:* Yes, jude always sprinkled with Love

View Profile
History
Jesus* told Peter...
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 08:40 PM

Sorry Jude, it just came out so well I couldn't resist posting it. I agree with Two on this one.

Thunder

View Profile
History
Jesus* told Peter...
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 11:01 AM

:applause:...Thanxs 2spar & ToG...its all good...hava blessed weekend...xo

View Profile
History
Jesus* told Peter...
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 12:38 PM

Hey jude don't be afraid:

That is purtty funny.

I expected more from 2sparrows,seeing that he might be a farmer or rancher

Feed my sheep.

John 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

1.The first time Yeshua says this is for the lambs/small sheep

The Greek word for feed is:

Greek:1006

βόσκω

boskō

bos'-ko

A prolonged form of a primary verb (compare G977 and G1016); to pasture; by extension to fodder; reflexively to graze: - feed, keep.

2.The second time feed is used concrens sheep/those either grown up or are growing up.Mature

Greek:4165

ποιμαίνω

poimainō

poy-mah'ee-no

From G4166; to tend as a shepherd (or figuratively superviser): - feed (cattle), rule

An earthly shepherd is only a shepherd when he has sheep.

Yet Yeshua is the Shepherd of the sheep,for that is who and what He is,whether He has any sheep at all.

The third time feed is used is the same as #2

Sheep is also the same word as #2

The purpose of the shepherd is not to just provide food for sheep and lambs.

The shepherd also protects the sheep and lambs from predators,lions/False teachers;wolves/false prohets;jackels/teachers that tickle ears;hyenas/false brethren with false motives,etc..

The shepherd places his life between the predators and the sheep,thus laying thier lives down for the sheep.

Shepherds only tend to their sheep,seeing that others sheep will not listen to them,unless a few shepherds gather together and their sheep mingle together.

Even at this the sheep will follow when the shepherd calls.

Shepherd know their sheep,meaning they have a direct relationship with their sheep.

This is why the mega-churches cannot be of YHWH,their is almost no relationship between one man and thousands of people.

Sheep are also very intelligent.

They will not follow the voice of strangers.

John 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

John 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

When Sheep go astray,and they do go astray,the shepherd needs to go after the wandering sheep.

the sheep does not have a good sense of direction.

The sheep does not look for the shepherd,the shepherd has to look for the sheep.

Sheep need to be sheared,have you ever seen a sheep with an Electric Norelco razor.

The shepherd is the sheeps barber.

The shepherd is responsible for the health,safety,multiplying/folding and feeing of the sheep.

I hope that this was not too long.

Oh and Yes,I did use my mind to think about this and type this out...

Agape' and Charis:

St.George

ps:There is more,yet i want others to add to this.