Author Thread: Do we Need Secterian Doctrin of Men to Understand God's Word?
Gary_Lane

View Profile
History
Do we Need Secterian Doctrin of Men to Understand God's Word?
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 01:56 PM

It is fallacy to trust to man's interpretation of scripture. Why would anyone want to trust someone when they can put their trust in God to give us His truth?

1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

If a person is of God, they will hear the small voice of the Holy Spirit when they read God's word for themselves when they compare scripture with scripture as God has instructed.

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

The god of this world ardently wants everyone to listen and obey the philosophies of men so they will be lead astray from God and not partake of the free gift of eternal life that is in Christ and not in the affairs and religious activities of man and neither can man forgive sins that only Christ did for all of us.

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

All believers through God's word are made complete and lack for nothing. That is, they are made so complete, we lack not in the righteousness of God and cease from our own religious efforts whatever they may be: if we believe.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

13 �And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The above is not describing baptismal waters but the operation of God.

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

How graphic the Lord has made his word for those who want to believe and cease from their own works and rest in Christ finished work for us who believe.

Hebrews 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

How easy it is to understand the above without the need of a man's carnal mind to interpret God's word when the Holy Spirit will do it for us?

Gary

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 04:50 PM

You know what we need? Spirit filled, humble Christians who use the scripture as a guide and have a servants heart.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 07:54 PM

Then go back to the original languages.

Zep 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 03:39 AM

TRUCKER WROTE:

"Then go back to the original languages.

Zep 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent."

Two things would I like to point out.

1) In the beginning that was ONE language, the Lord divided and confounded the language, so the people would find their kingdom building efforts extremely difficult, at Babel.

2) Zephaniah's prophecy was meant to include the sum of time, and the end of days, as in the word, "then", and the language would be one again, but this time, a new language, one of eternal wisdom..

pc

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 10:59 AM

Amen ! 2spar....AMEN !!!...xo

Gary_Lane

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 11:35 AM

Man is not mightier the God, therefor God is able to keep His word intact regardless of what language its in.

If man could tamper beyond what God has given then people would have an excuse when Judgment time comes.

I will agree there are false bibles out there and many bad handling of language in translation. However, God has kept enough of his word in some translations close enough to his intentions that if a person sincerely wants God's wisdom, God will be faithful and give it to them so no original language or interpretations are needed if we allow God's Holy Spirit to teach us.

Since God's spirit is a free gift to the those who seek him, the Lord will the liberally give wisdom to those with an honest heart.

James 1:5 �If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

God is not slack in keeping His promises all we need to do is claim them. Its all that simple.

Gary

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Dec, 2010 04:14 AM

The TRUTH of the Lord comes via a life that was predestined from the foundation of the world. It is only in comprehending the eternal Living God, and His awesome plan for His creation, that we can grasp His plan for each of His children to be involved..

Many heresies are taught today, that set forth erroneous doctrines in men, and other men take advantage, as does satan, through this..

The most dam_able doctrine ever taught or uttered out of the mouth of men, is that the Father would turn the necessary proper instruction of His children, over to fallen, deranged, and totally unwise man.

It seems to me, that most of you are forgetting one thing that is written, namely we are not taught by men.

"AND IT IS WRITTEN IN THE PROPHETS, AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD; THEREFORE EVERY ONE THAT HATH HEARD AND LEARNED OF THE FATHER, COMETH UNTO ME." [John 6:45]

You do not hear this one in today's churches.

What you hear are the dispicable lies pertaining to, "DO YOU WANT TO GET SAVED..?" or "DO YOU WANT TO KNOW JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR..?"

Jesus made it very clear, that not just any man could come unto Him because they wanted to: "NO MAN CAN COME UNTO ME EXCEPT THE FATHER WHICH HATH SENT ME DRAW HIM, AND I WILL RAISE HIM UP AT THE LAST DAY." [John 6:44]

Where does, "BEFORE I FORMED THEE IN THY MOTHER'S WOMB, I SANCTIFIED THEE, AND ORDAINED THEE TO BE A PROPHET TO THE NATIONS".. fit into the witchery and the sorcery of the modern day Babylonian mystery religion..?