Maranatha
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 05:22 PM

How do you feel about this?

What would you do?

View Profile
History
Maranatha
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 06:57 PM

Young Lady,I believe that you have forgotten to type what it is you would have people responding to.

View Profile
History
Maranatha
Posted : 5 Dec, 2010 02:01 AM

It shows the early church applied a word to Jesus that only belonged to God, the phrase can mean, "Our Lord come" or "Our Lord has come"

View Profile
History
Maranatha
Posted : 5 Dec, 2010 04:38 AM

@Trucker: Maranatha.. When Jesus comes for the second time.

@2spa: Matthew24:3

View Profile
History
Maranatha
Posted : 5 Dec, 2010 05:02 AM

@ jesuslovesyouandme:

Young Lady,The Scripture you have posted does not contain the Greek word Maranatha.

The English word used is: coming/second.

The Greek word used for second coming is Perousia:

G3952

παρουσία

parousia

Thayer Definition:

1) presence

2) the coming, arrival, advent

2a) the future visible return from heaven of Jesus, to raise the dead, hold the last judgment, and set up formally and gloriously the kingdom of God

Part of Speech: noun feminine

A Related Word by Thayer�s/Strong�s Number: from the present participle of G3918

The word Maranatha is found in 1st Corinthians 16:22

1Co 16:22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

G3134

μαρὰν ἀθά

maran atha (Aramaic transliterated into Greek)

Thayer Definition:

1) our Lord cometh or will come

Part of Speech: interjection

A Related Word by Thayer�s/Strong�s Number: of Aramaic origin (meaning our Lord has come)

Citing in TDNT: 4:466, 563

Though we wait for the arrival of Yeshua,let us not forget the task at hand left to us by Yeshua.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

What is interesting about the verse in 1st Corin.16:22 is the word LOVE.

This word is not Agape' or even Agapeo,rather it is the Greek word Phileo,the same word that Peter answered Yeshua with 3 times,and Yeshua asked Peter the third time.

Peter do you Phileo me.

This is the Greek word Phileo:

Greek-5368

φιλέω

phileō

Thayer Definition:

1) to love

1a) to approve of

1b) to like

1c) sanction

1d) to treat affectionately or kindly, to welcome, befriend

2) to show signs of love

2a) to kiss

3) to be fond of doing

3a) be wont, use to do

Part of Speech: verb

A Related Word by Thayer�s/Strong�s Number: from G5384

Citing in TDNT: 9:114, 1262.

Now does this not put a different understanding of the word Maranatha into place.

Agape and Charis:

St.George

ps:

I trust Yeshua to return as He has said He would.

Yet i do not have my head sticking in a hole in the ground,while waiting for His return

View Profile
History
Maranatha
Posted : 5 Dec, 2010 09:18 AM

@Trucker: why do you called yourself as a saint? Just curious and out of topic I know :goofball:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maranatha?wasRedirected=true

Yes, Maranatha does mean that Jesus would come back again later which the same message is slightly delivered in Matthew24:3.

What I mean is, regarding to the second coming of the Lord, how do you feel about it? The Lord is our groom, would we be excited and prepared like those 5 wise virgins, or not ready and unprepared like those 5 foolish virgins? What have we done or what should we done in preparing ourselves to be the best bride for our Beloved One, Lord Jesus?

And yes, I agree that we shouldn't bury our head in the sand while waiting for Him, that's the last thing He wants us to do for sure =)

View Profile
History
Maranatha
Posted : 5 Dec, 2010 09:46 AM

I think we need to do a few things, or rather be doing a few things, but there is not a specific list of what to do to prepare.

I believe the New Testament makes it very clear that we are to be going about the business of the Kingdom in which we live now. That is, just as those in the parables and as we seein so many ensamples in the OT we are to be about the business of our Master so that when He comes He finds us busy.We are to be the "good and faithful servants". It is the do-nothings and be-0nothings that will find themselves in outer darkness and those who have continued to work while the Master is away that will be rewarded.

Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the housemaster had known in what watch the thief comes, he would have watched and not have allowed his house to be dug through.

Mat 24:44 Because of this, you also be ready, for in that hour you think not, the Son of Man comes.

Mat 24:45 Who then is the faithful and wise servant whom his Lord has set over His household, to give to them the food in season?

Mat 24:46 Blessed is that servant whom his Lord shall find so doing when He comes.

Mat 24:47 Truly I say to you, He will set him over all His substance.

Mat 24:48 But if that wicked slave says in his heart, My Lord delays to come,

Mat 24:49 and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and to drink with the ones drinking,

Mat 24:50 the Lord of that slave will come in a day in which he does not expect and in an hour which he does not know,

Mat 24:51 and will cut him in two, and will appoint his portion with the hypocrites. There will be weeping and gnashing of the teeth. (Literal Version)

How shall we prepare for His coming? Keep your nose to the grindstone and do the work of His Kingdom and prove yourself faithful and deserving of His reward. Run the race to win the prize.

1Co 9:24 have ye not known that those running in a race--all indeed run, but one doth receive the prize? so run ye, that ye may obtain;

1Co 9:24 have ye not known that those running in a race--all indeed run, but one doth receive the prize? so run ye, that ye may obtain;

Col 2:18 let no one beguile you of your prize, delighting in humble-mindedness and in worship of the messengers, intruding into the things he hath not seen, being vainly puffed up by the mind of his flesh,

Col 2:19 and not holding the head, from which all the body--through the joints and bands gathering supply, and being knit together--may increase with the increase of God. (Young's)

Thunder

View Profile
History
Maranatha
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 03:51 AM

Thunder, thank u for the reply =)

I have just been thinking lately on His coming for the second time, and what I have been doing this time to prepare myself to welcome Him, and how I feel toward it. Am I happy, scared, worried, excited, can't wait no more, etc.

And yes, the Bible clearly stated about what we should do, it's our guidance book to live =)

View Profile
History
Maranatha
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 04:12 AM

Thunder, thank u for the reply =)

I have just been thinking lately on His coming for the second time, and what I have been doing this time to prepare myself to welcome Him, and how I feel toward it. Am I happy, scared, worried, excited, can't wait no more, etc.

And yes, the Bible clearly stated about what we should do, it's our guidance book to live =)

View Profile
History
Maranatha
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 10:44 AM

@jesusloves:

Young Lady:

Nowhere in Scripture is there any reference to a person trusting Yeshua,are they called 'sinner saved by greca'.

This is a term made up by a person,and many have been calling themselves that for years..

Please look throughout Scripture you will see YHWH,calls His people Saints.

Since ABBA calls me a Saint of His,then why would I not take that for myself.

Would not calling myself a 'sinner saved by grace' almost deny who i happen to be in Yehsua?

Look into the letters to the Churches,see where we are called Saints/

1Co 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours.

The following Greek word is the English wor saint:

Greek-40

ἅγιος

hagios

Thayer Definition:

1) most holy thing, a saint

Part of Speech: adjective

A Related Word by Thayer�s/Strong�s Number: from hagos (an awful thing) [compare G53, G2282]

Citing in TDNT: 1:88, 14

I hope this helps you to understand better who you are in Yeshua.

Agape' and Charis:

St.George

View Profile
History
Maranatha
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 11:40 AM

:waving:...GEEEeeeZZZZzzzz Trucker...cant anyone here ask a simple question without ya gettin all in thier face & on bout what others share in responce...Ifin yer gona be usein that Title of SAINT...might I humbly suggest ya start Actin like one...your startin ta be soundin like a Drone Clone of PC with a Twist & its gettin old & offensive...lighten up...HOMER...xo