Author Thread: Please pray for little girl in custody battle!
backingeorgia

View Profile
History
Please pray for little girl in custody battle!
Posted : 3 Sep, 2008 06:28 PM

Hi everyone,

I don't usually post in forums, but I have been asked to pass along a very important prayer request. One of the teachers I work with has a three year old niece named Caroline. Unfortunately, this poor little girl has been physically abused by her father. Her parents are getting divorced now, but her father is fighting for custody of her and wants to move across the county to California where her mother will never see her.

The mother is very worried about the outcome of the court case. Caroline has been seeing a counselor for some time now and told of the cruel things her father did to her. However, the defense lawyer found some little loophole to get that testimony thrown out. Now she must start seeing a different counselor, and of course with such a young child sometimes it is hard to talk about these types of issues with a stranger. They are afraid that Caroline might be too shy to share all of these dark secrets with a new counselor. Also, the defense lawyer and the judge are old friends, drinking buddies, and golf partners. My coworker and her family have been told numerous times that this lawyer is known for making testimonies "disappear" and paying off witnesses. It would have been a tough situation to deal with already, but having a defense lawyer known for taking bribes makes it that much worse.

Until all of this is settled, Caroline must stay in foster care. She has been three weeks without seeing any of her family. Today she was supposed to see both her mom and her dad, separately. Someone was going to film her interactions with her mom and then with her dad, in order to use the videotape in court to help with custody issues. However, the social worker never showed up with Caroline at the appointed place. The last I heard, no explanation was even given as to why no one brought Caroline to see her family.

Please take a few minutes to pray for this little girl and her family. They need a miracle right now. Pray that Caroline will not be placed back into an abusive household and that this defense lawyer will not be able to hide the truth.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Sep, 2008 11:02 PM

I will keep this lifted up and pray that God will reveal all for the protection of this child.

robin

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Sep, 2008 03:17 PM

prayed and will pray

God sees what is all about

praise Him for what He will do!:applause:

barbara ann

Whitebutterfly1

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Sep, 2008 04:30 PM

Joining you in prayer.

May the Good Lord bless them with Mighty Presence.

GBY.......Rosie :angel: