Author Thread: Songwriting
Tulip89

View Profile
History
Songwriting
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 09:22 PM

I have decided to write an album. Depending on how interested my better musician friends are, it may or may not ever get recorded, but I'll be writing all the lyrics over the next couple weeks. Would any of y'all, especially people familiar with folk music, be interested in letting me know what you think as I finish them?

View Profile
History
Songwriting
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 10:44 PM

I'd love to =)

View Profile
History
Songwriting
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 10:45 PM

P.S. I'm only a little bit into folk music, but I do write poetry and like to think that I have a good ear for things such as lyrics.

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Songwriting
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 11:01 AM

Thanks!

View Profile
History
Songwriting
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 02:29 PM

That's Good brother!:applause:: I'm a songwriter myself (gospel),even though i write them privately & hope that one day at least one will be a hit.I will like to see a verse & chorus form one of them also.

View Profile
History
Songwriting
Posted : 12 Dec, 2010 10:34 PM

Hey Tulip,

I'm a singer and have written a few songs in the past and my son is in a folk type band in Seattle. They write all of their own music and some of it pretty humorous. You can Google them~"Horace Pickett"

Anyway, I would like to read them or hear the songs if you post them somewhere.

View Profile
History
Songwriting
Posted : 26 Dec, 2010 01:23 AM

Just now discovering this. Yeah, dude have a blast. I like writing and I like music so I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

View Profile
History
Songwriting
Posted : 13 Jan, 2011 10:29 PM

Definitely, yes!

View Profile
History
Songwriting
Posted : 13 Jan, 2011 10:32 PM

Forgot to mention-I grew up with folk music, the hippie movement, and those who love the Lord. Tell me when you finish!

View Profile
History
Songwriting
Posted : 12 Jun, 2011 03:56 AM

I would love to hear your songs, as I'm also a singer/songwriter