Author Thread: humility
Admin

humility
Posted : 5 Sep, 2008 05:56 AM

i dont know where to post this story...

yosed was the son-in-law of the nodeh, he was a brilliant scholar and bo amazingly righteous individual.

during his entire life, he seemed to be plagued by a nagging wife who would belittle him at every opportunity. after a brilliant lecture, he would come into the room, and belittle him. during meetings at which his opinion was prominently sought.

she would serve the company food, but at the same time she made sure to deride him. during all there outbursts, he never said a word. he never defended himself. in fact, he hung his head low, as if to agree with word of derision

then, suddenly he passed away, hundreds came to the funeral. all of the gathered contrasted his greatness to the difficult life he had led, by being married to a strew of a wife who was about to bury him.

after the eulogies, his wife suddenly appeared before the coffin, crying uncontrollably. she begged his permission to speak and then burst into tears.

"all these years" she cried "i fulfilled the adage that a loyal wife fulfill the wishes of her husband. and due to the my loyalty and respect to you and your greatness, i did whatever you had asked me to. but now that you are in the world of the truth, i can finally say the truth". she began to declare her respect, greatness, humilit, piety, patience,kindness and compassion.

the people near the coffin were shocked to see this transformed into a loving and grieving widow. and then the true shocked came, she continued her soliloquy.

"despite, how difficult it was for me, i kept the promise and commitment you had asked me to make. anytime you were treated honorably or were asked to fulfill a prestigious role, you told me to come in and belittle you as strongly as possible.you were afraid that the honour would make you haughty, i only complied because that was your will, but now i can finally say the truth, but that was only infront of people"...

View Profile
History
humility
Posted : 5 Sep, 2008 06:24 AM

"you know how much i appreciated and cherished you" she continued to cry over the great man and life long companion she lost. the stunned grievers were shocked at the tremendous devotion of his wife who deemed herself a harrying nag all for the sake of her husbands wishes.

humility is not easy to attain. and for a man thrust in the limelight of power, flashbulbs popping, the media press and servants waiting, it is an even more harder task. the only antidote is constant prayer, and the word day in and day out.

if the bible should be cherished like a wife, it also must be asked to nag us into reality and then, it will serve its men not only delicious desserts but also humble pie :bouncy: