Author Thread: The subtlities of legalsim:Tithing
Admin

The subtlities of legalsim:Tithing
Posted : 18 Dec, 2010 08:34 AM

Since titihing is not mentioned within the New Covenant,those that say we need to be tithing;are they in bondage to subtle legalism?

Do these same people also want to bring others into legalism?

In the Old Covenent there is a free will offreing.

Exo 35:4 And Moses spake unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, saying, This is the thing which the LORD commanded, saying,

Exo 35:5 Take ye from among you an offering unto the LORD: whosoever is of a willing heart, let him bring it, an offering of the LORD; gold, and silver, and brass,

Exo 35:20 And all the congregation of the children of Israel departed from the presence of Moses.

Exo 35:21 And they came, every one whose heart stirred him up, and every one whom his spirit made willing, and they brought the LORD'S offering to the work of the tabernacle of the congregation, and for all his service, and for the holy garments.

Exo 35:22 And they came, both men and women, as many as were willing hearted, and brought bracelets, and earrings, and rings, and tablets, all jewels of gold: and every man that offered offered an offering of gold unto the LORD.

The Hebrew word for willing heart in verses 5&22 is the Hebrew word;

Hebrew 5081

נדיב

nâdı̂yb

naw-deeb'

From H5068; properly voluntary, that is, generous; hence, magnanimous; as noun, a grandee (sometimes a tyrant): - free, liberal (things), noble, prince, willing ([hearted]).

Since YHWH asks for a free will offering is does tithing bring people into bondage?

What is the difference between tithing and a free will offering?

Agape' and Charis:

St.George

ps:

Mat 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Dec, 2010 12:41 PM

I think that anything that can be used to brow beat a congregation about or that can be used as a measure or score is legalistic. If tithing is emphasized in such a way by church leadership that people are made to believe or feel that it is necessary in order to maintain their standing/status within the congregation or before God then it's legalistic. I believe there are teachings on either side of this question that take us away from the Truth.

Our Father gave His Son for us. He did so out of love and for our redemption. I doubt that He is keeping score with us but is expecting that we follow His example.

Eph 5:1 Then become imitators of God, as beloved children,

Eph 5:2 and walk in love, even as Christ also loved us and gave Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for an odor of a sweet smell. (LITV)

We should be asking if our offerings and sacrifices are given "for an odor of a sweet smell". If they aren't then what good are they?

Thunder

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Dec, 2010 12:54 PM

@ Thunder:

Hey Thunder,did you bring any lightning and rain with your answer.hahahahahahahahaha

Absolutely,brow beating is not letting people to be themselves in Yeshua.

If a person wants to give then let them;If not then just leave them alone,and let the Holy Spirit change their understanding.

We are called to freedom in Yeshua,not bondage.

How many building programs are started with the fleecing and brow beating of the sheeple.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Dec, 2010 03:56 PM

GEORGE IF JESUS IS LORD YOU WILL TITHE, IF NOT YOU WILL COME UP WITH EXCUSE.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Dec, 2010 06:19 PM

PJ, that's awfully legalistic of you.

Thunder

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Dec, 2010 07:52 PM

GEORGE IT IS GOOD TO SHARE THE WORDS OF JESUS BUT WHY ARE YOU BRINGING UP SATANS LIES

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2010 05:49 AM

@ PJ:

PJ,go ask Enoch,why i have been writing as I have been.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

PJ:I Love you;you are toooo ffffuuuuunnnnnnnyyyyyyyy.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2010 01:03 PM

But woe unto you, Pharisees! For ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to have left the other undone. ((( The other ??? is what, when, how & where to me )))...

Luke 11:42

If its in the New Testament an Jesus made comment...Ima be doin it...an out of my heart goes 10% to help in anyway GOD choses an 10% is nothin compared to what price Christ Jesus paid for me...xo

shepherdingking

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2010 01:57 PM

It says love God with "all your heart, soul, mind and strength." The word for strength can also be translated resources. Resources include money, obviously. You cannot tally your love for God in an abstact way, but tithing is truly a measureable example of being wholy dedicated to Him. And Jesus watched who and how much was given. I don't know about you, but tithing may be the only way to demonstate you Christianity and set us apart from the heathen.

Remember the Love of money is the root of "ALL" evil not all kinds of evil as some have said.

:rocknroll:

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2010 04:30 PM

Shared ~ And Jesus watched who and how much was given.

Yes He did...an I dont wonder why....:yay:...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 05:51 AM

It is the truth that you know that frees you, the truth you dont agree with and deny will put you in bondage. GEORGE ENOCH TITHED, BECAUSE HE HAD THIS TESTIMONY THAT HE PLEASED THE LORD, AND NO ONE CAN PLEASE HIM UNLESS THEY ARE A DOER OF THE WORD. NO LEGALISM IN LOVING GOD.

Page : 1 2 3