Author Thread: Mark of the Lion book 1 and 2
Admin

Mark of the Lion book 1 and 2
Posted : 18 Feb, 2011 04:06 AM

Good Book! I finished part one on Christmas, I stayed up till 2 am reading it...the end is rather tear jerking and unexpected (had to tell you that). But the book deals with topics relating to modern day faith. And if you've been through a difficult experience in your life you can relate to the main character and grow from reading that book. That book taught me how to love and forgive.

Some quotes from the book which stand out to me are...

*Never doubt in the darkness what God has given us in the light.

*Some men never adjusted to slavery, no matter how golden the cage.

*Was Elijah brave in the face of Jezebel's threat? No. Was Peter brave when our Lord was taken by the guards? Jesus himself sweat blood in the Garden and prayed the cup would pass from him. ...God will give you courage when you need it.

*You have whatever strength God has given you, and it will be enough to carry out his good purpose. Trust in him.

View Profile
History
Mark of the Lion book 1 and 2
Posted : 18 May, 2011 06:36 PM

Hi Live

The Mark of the Lion series is definetly some of the best christian fiction that I've ever read. I really love how Francine Rivers delivered such a compelling story. I've read the series a few times now and each time I feel I learn a little more and grow a lttle more in my christian walk.