Author Thread: in search of my soulmate
flowersndoves

View Profile
History
in search of my soulmate
Posted : 28 Oct, 2008 02:13 PM

First of all, I would like to say hello. I am here in search of love, the one true love that comes once in a lifetime, and that only the Lord can give...can bless us with. That is the love I want to find, and want only His best.

I admit that I expressed myself alot very deeply in my profile of what is on my heart and what I am so longing for. It is my dream(has for years been) to find love, for it to be real, and to find that one who will be nice and thoughtful and genuine, who loves the Lord and also help me grow, who will love and appreciate me completely with all of my qualities, who will put me up, and encourage me as I would do the same.

I must also say that it's hard as I don't get out a lot and don't have a lot of contact with other people aside from family, and is a challenge for me to find friends and relationships. I have been through some tough times and have had some bad relationships, and have been hurt before. So, it is often tough, as I am lonely, and not to have someone. I know that I love the Lord and want His best for me though. I apologize for going on and on. I just felt the need to talk to someone and to let it out what is on my heart.

I have for a very long time since I was a child dreamt of finding a man that would love me(finding true love) and just as I have seen it happen to many other people all my life and how wonderful it is, that I would get proposed to and what it would be like if that happened to me. I have for a long time dreamt of being a bride(in white)...and a real one(not just dressing up as one and pretending) I just so wish that could be me. I have had quite a few people tell me, don't worry, it will happen, and one day, you're going to find a man who is going to love you, and one time a friend told me in college, after I cried when mentioning a propoal, that one day that's going to be you, and you're going to be happy. It just made me cry more, because it just made me sad. There have been many times when I just cried.

Anyway, I just wanted to talk to someone, and that someone might know that I am here. May God bless you all.

butterflyblew

View Profile
History
in search of my soulmate
Posted : 9 Nov, 2008 01:59 AM

i know what you mean, it's been my dream too to find someone out there. i know God will give us hope to find our soul mates.

i've been though very bad realtionships too, one of them i lived with close to a year. (very bad mistake) and most of my friends are not christian. it's very hard to find someone who is very strong in christ.... but i feel there is hope.

hang on there *hugs* he will come someday and you will be a beautiful bride. :angel:

View Profile
History
in search of my soulmate
Posted : 13 Nov, 2008 10:48 PM

it sounds like you're getting a bit dejected by it all, but try not to give up hope, just know that everything is according to Gods will, if you are not in a relationship now don't search for one, or pray for one, or expect one,... just know that when it is time God will provide you with a partner.

but if you don't go out too much i would suggest going out a little more, it doesn't have to be the pub, or a club or something like that but cafes or local park, out with friends or out with people from your church, just to get out and be around other people a bit more, it can become quite a downward spiral when we become a bit reclusive, i remember when i spent some time working night shifts, it was fine for a while but after a couple of months it started to get a bit depressing because it was difficult to see friends, i really missed being able to interact with people.

plus everyone you meet who's not the right man for you is another one to cross off the list, so the more people you meet the sooner you'll find the guy you can tick the box next to...

just be optimistic, don't worry, be yourself, live through Christ, and spread love to those you meet.

if you do all that it should all work out fine :D

take care

best wishes

and good luck

x

flowersndoves

View Profile
History
in search of my soulmate
Posted : 14 Nov, 2008 08:42 AM

Well, thank you for your kind words and advice. But you would have to understand my situation at the moment. I have to say that it is easier said than done, getting out right now as I don't have my own vehicle for transportation to get myself anywhere(unless my parents drive me). I don't feel safe riding my bike alone.

That, and I don't have a church here. I did in my old hometown(of 28 yrs), with my family. I loved it a lot and miss it. It was tough even there to get involved in community groups and what not due to my lack of transportation, so I still haven't gotten out and had contact with other people that much. I have always been very timid(a lot of that having to do with my condition I have had since birth), so it's been a real challenge talking to others. I have always had a challenging time making friends and building relationships, and haven't really had many friends. I don't have any friends here...none my age anyways, except for our neighbors(my parent's age). So, much of the time I am stuck here at home(my parent's house....which I really hope to get out on my own again soon.). This site, and the internet has been like my portal to the outside, and my contact with other people.

Anyway, I wanted to say thank you and that I wish you all the best too and God bless you.

Rebecca

View Profile
History
in search of my soulmate
Posted : 30 Nov, 2008 11:31 PM

:peace::dancingp::bouncy::angel::applause::glow::hearts:

View Profile
History
in search of my soulmate
Posted : 10 Jan, 2009 01:25 PM

Hi all im new on here and looking for my soulmate.