Author Thread: re: the importance of being 'equally yoked'
Admin

re: the importance of being 'equally yoked'
Posted : 12 Mar, 2011 01:56 AM

In a relationship where two people are sharing the same home, the same bed, the same kids (LOL) etc... you MUST be able to pray together, wage spiritual warfare together, present a unified message to your children together, etc.

We can all have -- and should have -- non-believing friends. But hanging with one at a movie and sharing one's life with one are entirely different orders.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2011 03:38 PM

Very true! It's also wonderful to have the support and encouragement of believers so you can grow closer in your walk with God.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2011 11:56 PM

Indeed. That's all part of it. I think the same holds for a business partnership. Whenever you're 'yoked' to another, you need to be going in the same direction. Oh it's no guarantee, but it does increase the odds in your favor.

Carol2025

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2011 07:40 AM

I agree with this completely. A marriage is over before it's begun if one is truly a believer and one is not. Be sure! My ex told me he was but I soon realized it was simply to get me to marry him. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Mar, 2011 08:13 AM

I agree with you... This world is full of challenges that the idea of spending my life with someone who does not go to God for help scares me to bits!!! :-) And as woman how would I expect a man to love me unconditionally if he doesn't have a great relationship with Christ: who teaches us how to love unconditionally!

W8n4U2BMine

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2011 09:16 AM

I also agree, yet I feel it's deeper than JUST belief. I feel it's important to be equally "YOKED" inside your faith, i.e. if my wife attends church 5 times a week, does bible study w the kids n prays everyday and I however, ONLY attend service 3-4 times a month (and base that on what sports games are on), study w the kids once in a while, and pray occasionally, then aside from us both being believers, we are still both "UN" equally yoked:laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Apr, 2011 07:42 AM

I can tell you,this is a serious topic here! It's so true! It's not good to be in a relationship with someone who is "unequally yoked" nowadays.

I have met some girls who are in that category,& out of a few,I'm still friends with one of them.

To tell you the truth,I was interested in her a time back,& I thought about it carefully,& realized that I would have been digging up my own grave,because she likes to curse a lot & makes fun of me for abstaining from fornication.

I tell you,the idea of me going to church & she would not. Want to unless she's "in the mood" & don't like to read the Bible unless she's looking for a verse & to top it all off doesn't want children,made me change my from her completely!