Author Thread: What is the true meaning of life?
Admin

What is the true meaning of life?
Posted : 21 Mar, 2011 01:04 PM

Basically, I think that the true meaning of life all depends on the person. The meaning of life is what the person beholding that life wants it to be. It should be all up to the person. There isn't exactly one true meaning to life. There could be the religious stand point or succes or happiness. But i seriously do believe that the meaning of true life is whatever you make of it.

Answer

There is no right and there is no wrong. All that is, is all there is.

The true meaning of life is your personal hopes and dreams. Whatever you think the right answer to this question is then you are right.

The true meaning of life is about a person's ability to get the most out of life without causing adversity to others. Human life is usually driven by the insatiable nature of the ego. Each person along with their Ego has been conditioned, from birth to approximately five years of age, as a result of learnt exposure and genetic inheritance. The true meaning of life for most people, is all about satiating the craving created by their EGO.

The true meaning of life may be dependant on your particular value systems and your ability to control your Ego. Each individual's particular set of morals/values, are those that they inherited from genetic sources and those that they learnt from the environment within which they were raise. The meaning of life for each individual depends on his/her belief systems.

In order to find something, you must know exactly what it is that you are looking for. You must know how and where to search for it then you have to know how to recognize it when you find it.

The ultimate quest in life is rooted in a deep desire to experience bliss or ecstasy. Most people believe that it's simply a matter of seeking love/attention, which creates a need to feel that you are important to someone. Most people are desperately trying to trigger this euphoria through the application of physical, chemical or supernatural stimulus.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2011 04:35 PM

*** Its the Living of Life that Leads to the Meaning of it...and its found in Christ Jesus*...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Mar, 2011 10:51 AM

Hi Andea, God bless you! I really thought your question was interesting. You definitely hit it off from a psychological point of view.

Sometimes I�ve bemoaned the fact that the world does seem rather Freudian, in that their primary goal is either to satisfy baser instincts or suppress them. I do believe there�s more to that.

Freud himself said he was a Godless Jew, and I agree with him. I also agree with some aspects of Jungian neoFreudianism, that of spiritual growth being key in moving toward wholeness.

Freud and Jung later split because Freud thought Jung was crazy for thinking highly of religion, and Jung thought Freud was wrong in thinking all pathology originated from the sexual.

I'm not too into Freud, but personally, I really like and found answers in the work of Charles Vincent Gerkin who (I guess you could say) was a successor of Anton Boison�s. Gerkin talks about things that made sense to me, and came up with several counseling models for diagnosing and fixing problems. They�re very good.

I can see why psychotherapy has its truths, but, I personally found, digging deeper that there were questions about life and God that just can�t be answered by man or psychologists. If they were, all it would mean is that God is smaller then our minds. Still, Person Centered Counseling and all those other forms of nondirective and directive methods are helpful, or can be helpful. But, when it comes down to it there is a light that can be found in a developing a personal experience with Jesus.

In psychology they explain that an event and experience is different. Experiences are how we perceive a certain event, and yes, two people can experience the same event yet have different experiences. I found that I had to experience Jesus.

I found what Lord Byron said to be true. You can taste every cup of pleasure, but die of thirst.

Life for me, like you mentioned, is what I make of it, every single day. The journey. I�m not a saint. In fact, some times I wonder how the Lord could love me? But he does. And with his love comes peace and assurance. :) I still worry sometimes. I�m just learning to trust the Lord. But it� He actually makes my physical life better. I don�t know much about my spirit. But I know that Jesus makes my life physically worth it and much better, and physically helps me and leads me.

I love psychology. But Jesus to me is more real and physical than psychology. :) He gives life meaning.

God bless you, Andea. I hope you have a wonderful, meaningful life.

Essentially, difficult (in my dictionary) means exciting. And I'm glad that life is all those things.

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Mar, 2011 05:15 PM

I had a long response typed out, but it logged me out by the time I posted it, so I lost it. Here is the much shorter/slightly frustrated version of what I was going to say.

As created beings, what we were created for reveals the true meaning of our life. If you look in the bible, you see that we were created for God's glory (Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11) by delighting in him fully (Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4).

To put it another way (or rather, quote the Westminster Shorter Catechism), the chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Mar, 2011 06:49 PM

Give that man a cigar! :applause:

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Mar, 2011 08:02 PM

Oooh! Can you get a Cuban for me in China?

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Mar, 2011 10:39 PM

Nahh, they're bad for you. Heheh!

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2011 06:44 AM

Hmph! Well what do I get then?

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2011 08:05 AM

Ecclesiastes 12:13

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

The whole duty of man, to Fear God, and keep His commandments. I think that sums life up pretty well!

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Apr, 2011 03:58 AM

Amen, girl!

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Apr, 2011 04:57 AM

i believe one gets sense of life and meaning to it by knowing God,after i knew christ, i got light of my purpose here on earth and the reason why i was created,now i have peace and sense of direction and i thank God.try jesus