Author Thread: marriage for asperger...
Admin

marriage for asperger...
Posted : 7 Nov, 2008 10:54 PM

I am getting older and I am scared.Only me and my older brother are not married in my family.We both have asperger syndrome.go figure.Should I try to find a woman with the same?If so how?where?Actually when I think about, side effects from the meds I've taken for it.I have dystonia now too...Any suggestions would be helpful.

thanks

View Profile
History
marriage for asperger...
Posted : 11 Nov, 2008 03:46 PM

First of all meds don't help anything. So I'd try getting off of them. I find I function better without medication and a lot of Bible truth in a good local baptist church. Second if you want to get married discuss it with your pastor. Your pator can council you or talk to your parents (if they are born again Bible beliving Christians) tell them every thing why you'd like to marry, (who you'd like to marry if it applies at this time), the ups and downs your finding with your medication or if you are suitable to marry (sometimes its better to be single than married) I myself was diagnosed with autism in 2002 and borderline depression the pills I took were for the depression the posibility of Aspergers came up. So I'm advising you based on my personal experiance and what the Bible says to do. Plus sometimes an outside perspective can shed light on a dark area your over looking.

Hope this helps

Brother MIke

Acts 8:4

View Profile
History
marriage for asperger...
Posted : 12 Nov, 2008 04:47 PM

Meds do help sometimes to some degree with certain problems. Blanket statements are not based on an adequate understanding of the facts.

Medications don't save a human nor do they condemn a person. They are generally neutral.

However this was not a question regarding medication.

It was how common stigma is, the degree of misunderstanding of people with psychiatric problems-how to work around it or with it, dating experiences,etc.

I started this thread wrong. I am saved even with all my problems. Problems and salvation can and do coexist.

It can be difficult to seperate the effects of sin from mental problems, and it can be tempting to attribute the former to the latter.

Thanks.

Adam

View Profile
History
marriage for asperger...
Posted : 14 Nov, 2008 04:54 PM

I thought about what you said after cooling down.Yes your advice does help.Thank you.I am not taking medication.I am "tempted" to go back on, but I don't plan to.Anyway, yea going to church helped when I went.

Adam