Author Thread: PHYSICAL
liddyBiddyBaby

View Profile
History
PHYSICAL
Posted : 13 Nov, 2008 08:13 AM

WHY IS IT THAT MEN ARE ATTRACTED TO THE PHYSICAL AND DONT ALLOW /WANT TO KNOW THE WOMAN. I AM HAPPY ABOUT THE ATTRACTION OF MAN AND WOMAN. IT IS NECESSARY AND I ENJOY IT. I AM BLESSED TO BE WHERE I AM AS FAR AS MY EXTERIOR. I AM HUMBLE AND KNOW THAT GOD HAS GIVEN ME THIS TEMPLE.

I HAVE BEEN INTO A EXERCISE LIFESTYLE AND AM IN SHAPE AND FIT. I ATTRACT MEN BUT THEY ONLY WANT TO KNOW THE OUTSIDE, WHEN THERE IS SO MUCH BEAUTY ON THE INSIDE FOR ME TO GIVE AND SHOW SOMEONE.

I KNOW THEY ARE HUNTERS, BUT, AT SOME POINT, IF U HUNT AND YOU CATCH YOUR PREY, BEFORE YOU EAT IT, YOU SMELL IT, SKIN IT AND THEN EAT IT.:yay:YOU COULD HAVE HUNTED A SICK ANIMAL AND ONCE U SHOOT IT AND EAT IT YOU COULD DIE, HAVE A NEW DISEASE, OR GROW 2 HEADS:ribbit:

IT DOES NOT SEEM TO CHANGE WITH AGE.

WHEN I WAS YOUNGER IT WAS HAPPENING WITH MEN AND AS I HAVE MATURED, GUESS WHAT:rocknroll:IT IS STILL HAPPENING.

View Profile
History
PHYSICAL
Posted : 19 Nov, 2008 11:52 PM

Brother Mike, once again you make some excellent points. You are exactly right about Satan, all he can do is make it available. We make the choice to pursue it. We are tempted when we are led away by our own desires and enticed. And, like you said, it is all around us. We are raised around these things, and when we realize that we are not supposed to do them, we have to change our thinking. Rom. 12:2 . The children growing up today have it even harder, since this world gets more evil by the day. It all starts with the love of money. Some would sell their soul for a few dollars. Like most of our entertainment industry.

Great post brother,

Leon

mlthomas

View Profile
History
PHYSICAL
Posted : 21 Nov, 2008 03:12 AM

leon,

I am enjoying the fellowship in that we could see and understand each others perspective. I want to encourage you and everyone that is enjoynig this topice that we have the mind of Christ Philippians 2:5 say Let this mind be in you,which was in Christ Jesus. Jesus only said and did what the father told him to do and say.Like leon mentioned about Rom 12 when we renew our minds we take on the Mind of Christ.Family that is where our Power is because with out a renewed mind we would not know our rights.Remember God

said My people are destroyed for the LACK OF KNOWLEDGE

HOSEA 4:6. Lets draw closer to God spend 15 or more minutes each day meditating on the word of God that you need for where you are ask God he will lead you to the verse

get in a private spot and start seeing yourself walk out that word in your life. Example: its hard for you to tithe but you know it is in the word and it is the will of God for our life.When you start meditating on seeing yourself tithe with

joy next thing you know tithing will be easy.That is what Joshua 1:8 mean when it say...meditate day in night That you may observe to do... I want to focus on the word OBSERVE it means to apply one self. look that word up in Hebrew it mean to apply yourself. What ever you meditate on it become easy to do.That work in the world you have to see yourself making that sale or closing the business deal.

My brothers and sisters I speak peace to your Minds in the Name of Jesus. Lets fight a good fight of FAITH:boxing:

View Profile
History
PHYSICAL
Posted : 21 Nov, 2008 08:41 AM

I think you should realize if a man is only interested in the outside appearance he is not worth your time. A man only interested in skin deep relationships either has a lusting problem or he is not a born again christian and if he is he maybe very back sliden. I advise you never to be alone with him or any man to avoid a ruined testimony and a ruined ministry if God has given you a ministry. The Bible says Matthew 15:10-21

10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:

11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?

13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

15 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.

16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.

Bible says also Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. and

1 Thessalonians 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

The rule about not being alone with a man is to make sure their is no room for physical lusting and immoral acts which should be kept between a husband and wife. You see what person believes will determine how a person behaves. So if it is a lusting problem from before he got saved pray for him, and don't ever be alone with him as a precautionary measure their is nothing worse than being a single mother on government assistance or a single mother working 2 jobs to pay the bills. Im not a single parent I have no kids but I do have a lot of unsaved family members and I watch them make their mistakes. not to laugh or judge them but so I can use the experiance to help people like you avoid making the same mistakes. If the person is not saved just keep a casual aquaintance relationship with them hi, how are you, bye. Because only God knows what they are thinking and the devil will use people of the opposite gender to ruin testimonies and ministries and even families. I hope this helps.

View Profile
History
PHYSICAL
Posted : 29 Nov, 2008 06:20 PM

That is a great question. I know many men are only attracted to the physical and seek that "Trophy" to whatever specifications that may be. It is unfortunate but some men just cannot seem to get past that. But we must keep in mind that physical beauty is subjective to each person's perspective.

As for me, though like most men, the initial physical attraction of a woman that draws me to her, it will take a good loving heart and intelligence to keep my attention. I have to know she is sold out for God and Christ Jesus, is a good mother to her children and is a responsible person. I seek the whole package not just the physical as the physical is fleeting. I don't care if she is drop dead Gorgeous. If she does not have the inner beauty then I won't be interested for very long.

I enjoy working out with weights, cardio, Kayaking, etc. and I do seem to be drawn to women who also take care of the temple God blessed them with. A few pounds overweight is no big deal as I can stand to lose a few myself. Ha! None of us are perfect!

Blessings in your searching!

Walter

View Profile
History
PHYSICAL
Posted : 5 Dec, 2008 06:45 AM

Leon, Mike, I have enjoyed the fellowship and interaction between you both in answering the sisters question. Bravo.

The only thing I would add comes from II Timothy 3

"But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, LOVERS OF PLEASURE RATHER THAN LOVERS OF GOD, having a form of Godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! vs. 1-5

"For of this sort are those who CREEP into households and make captives of GULLIBLE women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." vs 6-7

I wanted to point out in verses 1-5 the part that speaks about denying its power, that is the power of Godliness. Christ in us, imagine it, God living inside of us. The power that created all things and raised Jesus from the dead dwelling in us. This same power working in and through us by the covering of The Blood of Christ and His indwelling by The Spirit is more than sufficient to overcome these perilous times except that we as men do not submit to it and fail to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. Yes it is a process but the commandment we recieve from on high is "Walk before me and be Holy" I know I haven't achieved this in my daily life but I sure do long to. I have no desire to stand before the Lord and have satan be able to say that I or we did not achieve perfection in Christ. I pray we all submit to the daily application of the Cross in our lives that as we decrease, He can increase in us all. Only then will we be prepared for our brides after we have laid down our lives for them.

As for verses 6-7, women too must put on the internal beauty of godliness (Prov. 31) so they won't need or even care about the putting on of makeup, jewelry, etc. We in America as well as in the "developed" world are especially in danger here. For we often say that we are rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing--and do not know that we are wtetched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked--We are counseled to buy gold refined in the fire, that we may be rich; and white garment, that we may be clothed, that the shame of our nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint our eyes with salve that we may see. As many as He loves, He rebukes and chastens (Rev. 3: 17-19)

All of us need to check ourselves, for what shall we gain if we gain a bride or groom in this world but lose our own souls.

God hates idols and anything can become an idol in our lives. Seek first the kingdom of God and His Righteousness, then ALL THESE THINGS will be added unto us.

IN CHRIST,

Robert

View Profile
History
PHYSICAL
Posted : 5 Dec, 2008 09:03 AM

Brother Robert,

I very much enjoyed your post. Welcome to this discussion. I can't argue with anything you said.

I was glad to hear you quoting from the epistles, they were written for our self examination. Paul, and the others, were telling us what we should be like if Christ lives inside us. Salvation is only of the Spirit, if we don't have the indwelling of the Spirit, we don't have salvation. Only you and God know if you are saved, so they gave us a checklist, if you will, to determine if we are truly saved. We tend to deceive ourselves by thinking we are more than we are.

Charles Spurgeon, the prince of preachers, called this a sham conversion, we deceive everyone, even ourselves, into believing we are saved.

The truth is, the Spirit comes with fire. If you are not on fire for Jesus, you may not know Him. No fire, no Spirit, no Spirit, no salvation. But...if you have the Spirit, you WILL change and become more like Christ every day. That brings us back to this subject.

Jesus didn't care how people looked, or dressed, He only looked at the person inside. He didn't despise those who were living in sin. He lovingly brought them to the Father. We can learn a lot from Him, but it takes a lifetime.

Be blessed dear brother,

Leon

God1st

View Profile
History
PHYSICAL
Posted : 16 Dec, 2008 01:37 PM

1 Samuel 16:7 reads, " 7 But the Lord said to Samuel, �Don�t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn�t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.�

So - there it is. People look at appearances and the Lord looks at the heart. But if we have the Holy Spirit living inside of us, we (because we are human) will look first at the physical - but with maturity we begin looking at the heart as well.

Besides - beauty fades... and what happens when that is gone and you have nothing to talk about? Do you get divorced at the ripe old age of 60/70 because the person no longer satisfies what you want physically?

I'm beautiful and confident - but I want someone to fall in love with me for my heart, not what I look like.

View Profile
History
PHYSICAL
Posted : 25 Jan, 2009 11:14 PM

Thank you Leon for the encouragement, for we are called to encourage one another, building one another on our most holy faith until we come to the fulness of the Godhead.

It says we must love God with all our heart then love our neighbors as ourselves. Many people get the loving God part and the loving their neighbors part down but never learn to love themselves and their outward appearance can be a reflection of their inner loathing. They fail to care for their temple properly and although bodily exercise profits little, it does still profit some.

Being in the medical prevention field as a dental hygienist I have been a witness to peoples lack of love for themselves and not caring for their bodies. This is often brought on by a lack of knowledge. We can be unaware that our innattention to our physical bodies has consequences whether they be health problems or an inablility to find a mate...

Jesus died to heal all of this and there is no sickness or disease in His body. We are His body. So God who is a consuming fire loves us too much to leave us sick or diseased and will apply the fire of His love in the form of the crosses in our lives to transform us into His image which is a picture of health.

This is what you and Mike were speaking of. I pray we all learn to love God, each other and especially ourselves for if we don't love ourselves our love for others and for God will be dysfunctional and flawed. All our relationships will be less than they were meant to be. I pray we all allow Him to heal our old wounds that we might rise above our apathy and discipline our selves that we might care for our temples enough to become attractive to our present or future mates.

We reap what we sow.

In Him,

Robert

liddyBiddyBaby

View Profile
History
PHYSICAL
Posted : 22 May, 2009 03:50 PM

kind christian sir, i do not give off the glow of take me to bed. example: just communicated with a christian who i asked to allow time for building of friendship. his idea of friendship only accompanied the sharing of bed. when it was time dodged questions of what r u wearing etc. anyway, he did not want to build a friendship. he wanted sexual contact, so we are no longer communicating. I am happy as a tic on a poodle..and i am ok with u throwing that thought out to me. signed blessed and highly favored, working and striving to be the best christian I can be. Peace be with u.

Page : 1 2