Author Thread
smiley09

View Profile
serious topic
Posted : 27 Mar, 2015 03:43 PM

sound wisdom. :) thanks for sharing

smiley09

View Profile
So......... Are there actually any women out there looking for a Godly man on this site, or is it all talk?
Posted : 11 Mar, 2015 12:36 PM

Yes there are I am sure. I think churches teach online dating is wrong, and I would heed strong caution about that. However, when there are very few people your age around you in every day life, I find comfort in being able to talk with others online- meaning friends.

smiley09

View Profile
why are you still single?
Posted : 11 Mar, 2015 12:29 PM

I think every Christian has this question if they're not married or dating by a certain time, including me. However, I often remind myself that if I am doing all I know for God, I am still in His will for my life.

Sometimes we think, including myself, we have to do everything just so to enter into the eye of a needle (God's perfect plan for our lives). This is a wrong concept of God. God is our Father. He loves us and having us to do everything perfect so we don't mess up His will for our lives is really not the right concept of God.

Just like our earthly father might admonish us for something we did wrong, God will. But, they never hold that against us and they just still love us. If God did not correct us, He wouldn't love us.

With that said, you might still be single because....it's just simply not God's timing for you to be married. IF God wanted you to be single the rest of your life, are you willing? This doesn't mean you will though. Perhaps God is preparing you for something or working on your future spouse to prepare for marriage.

smiley09

View Profile
modesty.....does it exist today?
Posted : 11 Mar, 2015 12:18 PM

Absolutely 100% modesty does exist today. However, people in the conservative churches today need to beware of legalism. The question here is what does the Bible say about modesty? Leviticus 22:5 warns us not to dress like men. Matthew 5:28 warns men not to look at women with lustful intent, so this should be a caution for us ladies to dress carefully so we do not cause our "brother" to stumble in his relationship with Christ. 1 Cor. 6:19-20 says we should glorify God with our bodies. If you study Isaiah 47:2-3, this gives a person the standard of what should be covered so it will not be considered nakedness: from neck to below knee is my understanding.