Author Thread
ADAM7777

View Profile
Experiencing God's renewal #1
Posted : 11 Aug, 2016 04:18 AM

It's a most useful thing, to be renewed, to be strengthened in Christ. The grace of Christ is forewarned about, see here, Jude 1:4. Joy also has some deep meaning. Read here. James 4:9. Hebrews 12:2. Acts 20:24

We cant imagine which way is right, Christ is the way and the life. Gods advice always is the best, and God gave many warnings for us, because there are many wrong impressions in life. For us is well doing, we are to labour to enter into the rest of the Lord, which is not until the end of this world. We are to not be concerned with cares of this life, we are to instead, avoid every snare to take our soul, and pray always to escape all the temptations in the world right now, to be accounted worthy to stand before Christ....

Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Hebrews 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Luke 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

We are called to a party, a party in Heaven, and the people cannot wait for that party. To marry instead now, to have posessions and those cares of this life, everybody has. But to be worthy of Christ, we need to hate our life, absolutely despise it, we have to love Christ more than mother, or brother father or sister, because the journey we are called on, is to take up our cross, and bear a hard life, after we have forsaken all that we have.....

luke14:16-33.A great supper and each person made their

excuse not to attend,i have land i must tend to it,i have

posessions and i need to prove them,I have

married a wife and therefore I cannot come.Then the master

of the house being angry said to his servants,go out quickly

into the lanes and bring in hither the poor,and the

maimed,and the halt,and the blind.And the servant said,it is

done as thou hast commanded,and yet there is room.And the

lord said unto the servant,go out and compel them to come

in,that my house may be filled,for none of those men that

were bidden shall taste of my supper.And there were great

multitudes with him:and he turned and said,if any man come

to me,and hate not his father,mother,wife children,brethren

and sisters,yea and his own life also he cannot be my

disciple.And whosoever does not bear his cross,and come

after me,cannot be my disciple.For which of you intending to

build,sitteth not down first and counteth the cost,whether

he have sufficient to finish it?Lest after you have laid the

foundation you are not able to finish.So likewise WHOSOEVER

HE BE OF YOU THAT FORSAKETH NOT

ALL THAT HE HATH,HE CANNOT BE MY DISCIPLE.

When we speak, God told us, we must speak His words, His oracles, He does not receive testimony from man. All God spoke was teaching, warnings, how God did save the people out of the land of Egypt, but afterward, God had to destroy them. God, the Holy Spirit was at work, in front of all Egypt, but it profited the people nothing, not being mixed with faith.Hebrews 4:2. This is how God does deep ways, to purposefull make these an example, so everybody who does the same now has no excuses whatsoever. Gods sobering message is one, TAKE HEED, if you think you are standing, you will fall.

John 5:33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.

32 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

1 Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

1 Corinthians 10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

ADAM7777

View Profile
Posted : 10 Aug, 2016 01:50 PM

"My actions are not to be compared to anyone else. The standard for me to meet is Christ likeness. "For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God." It does not say, for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of some other person."

Our actions are to be compared to everybody else, because the quote of all falling short of the glory of God, is there to see when people cease to continue to fall short of the glory of God, being glorified by God in behavior now..

Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Moreover this is not comparing Christians, this is comparing people who consider they have right to judge others, and come short on their abilities. We can also rebuke an elder before 2 or 3 witnesses as we have here already...

1 Timothy 5:19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.

20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

God dwells not in temples made with hands, the officer of the church are angels..

The catagory of people that are in a constant state of sin is the whole world.

1 John 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

For people to teach that His word is exalted more than His name, and consider this to mean reading the word more, do not have simple understanding to know, the name of Christ was exalted above every name in Heaven and earth, that is the word exalted above His name, tried, tested and found worthy.

God is intentionally unfair to all, or, God is better than fair. Two choices there, and why we attempt to correct something and make less sense ourselves ? God advises us to watch out for instability, it's a real problem. I'm sure therefore, we can all agree, the wisdom from above is peaceable, gentle, easy to intreat others, full of mercy, without hypocrisy, as the people were seeking here and trying to tell a certain someone....

James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

James 3:1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

James 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

ADAM7777

View Profile
Posted : 10 Aug, 2016 01:36 PM

"My actions are not to be compared to anyone else. The standard for me to meet is Christ likeness. "For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God." It does not say, for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of some other person."

Our actions are to be compared to everybody else, because the quote of all falling short of the glory of God, is there to see when people cease to continue to fall short of the glory of God, being glorified by God in behavior now..

Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Moreover this is not comparing Christians, this is comparing people who consider they have right to judge others, and come short on their abilities. We can also rebuke an elder before 2 or 3 witnesses as we have here already...

1 Timothy 5:19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.

20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

God dwells not in temples made with hands, the officer of the church are angels..

Matthew 5:25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

Hebrews 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

ADAM7777

View Profile
Posted : 10 Aug, 2016 01:21 PM

Paul a slave to sin, or Paul too deep to understand for those who wrest the scriptures to their own destruction?

2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

So Paul, speaking the word of God, asks, who shall deliver us from this body of this death ? Then in the very next verse answers. There is NOW, no condemnation to those who walk after the Spirit, and NOT, after the flesh. The law WAS weak in the flesh, but sin became condemned in the flesh, and NOW, the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

We previously were not delivered from that slavery to sin, but we became delivered, and anyone who teaches we still are slaves to sin, does not consider you cannot serve two masters..

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Our inward man is renewed every day, because we suffer and need to be refreshed. Also the spirit of our mind is renewed, as we learn to stop corrupt communications, and learn and speak righteousness instead...

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Ephesians 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

ADAM7777

View Profile
Posted : 10 Aug, 2016 11:03 AM

We notice God is fair in all things. Himself although mighty, suffering the shame and death of the cross, having sincere respect to the lowly..

Psalms 138:6 Though the LORD be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off.

That is the example of the Lord magnifying His word above His name, Psalms 138:2. He became worthy to redeem us to Himself. To receive the name above every name as His word comes true after being tried. (Christ the word was tried) John 1:1. We also try the false apostles and find them liars.... Revelation 2:2...

Isaiah 28:16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

Psalms 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

As for people who have suffered so greatly in this life, Christ suffered non stop, a man of sorrows acquainted with grief and understands everybody's pains. Isaiah 53:3. When God sends someone to testify His Gospel, like Paul, they need to be chastened by God to not be exalted by all their revelations, they will be in infirmities, and will understand all too well what it is to suffer. They are given understanding and sensitivity by God to have great kindness for all who suffer in this life, and if you notice someone preaching Christ with contention, Philippians 1:16, or without love and humility, you know they lost out somehow on the chastening. Hebrews 12:8...

2 Corinthians 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

ADAM7777

View Profile
Posted : 10 Aug, 2016 06:38 AM

"(where does scripture say it is an unfortunate truth that)

people who are well versed in scripture, (opening fact offered)

do not have much good to offer, (? I've never seen that in the bible. Where does it say this? Where does it say that people who are well versed in the bible do not have much good to offer?)

because they are unable to be humble and correctable themselves, (Where does it say that people who are well versed in scripture are unable to be humble or correctable themselves?)"

I guess we should address the question directly too. Where does it say this, and why has the person not noticed before ?

People can have all knowledge, and understand all mysteries, they can give their body to be burned, and without charity it profits them nothing at all.

Charity shows correctability, kindness, and humility, and the ones who do have all knowledge, do not have automatic access to charity, as this is the Love of God, love that has waxen cold now as foretold, and witnessed right here and now as all totally true, the false prophets, (teachers pretending to be of Christ) deceive many, and what you will see is, you see they have no love....

1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

ADAM7777

View Profile
Posted : 10 Aug, 2016 06:06 AM

Covenantbrother is an example of more sincerity, speaking more gently, and being wrongly rebuked. He knows the sanctity of Gods word, and only needs to see for himself the defense of the word of the Lord, as Jesus had over satan. Increase our defenses, realize how powerful the enemy is, and how much you need to know to survive. This is the purpose of these interactions, not for just arguments, but to enlighten people while it is still called to day, get a thirst for scripture for ourselves, and for others who definetely need your support in this battle of faith we might just fail..

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

1 Timothy 4:13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

ADAM7777

View Profile
Posted : 10 Aug, 2016 05:37 AM

Remembering the whole bible answers your questions. So lets remember it all.

The Lord called Abraham and His people the Hebrews, and freed them from Egypt, and they wandered in the wilderness, because they listened to the disputers, the doubters, misleaders, who were always around to cleverly speak against Gods ways. Numbers 14:22, Numbers 13:32. God also gave His righteous law to the people.

God finally allowed the Hebrews into the land of Israel, and they demanded a king, to be like the people of the rest of the lands. 1 Samuel 10:19. They also received councellors, and along with Gods prophets, many false prophets came along, the scribes advising the kings, and the pastors and Priests as told in scripture, became brutish, and they were the reason for the destruction of Israel, and the Lord allowed lying spirits to deceive the people through these so called prophets. The priests, and prophets, well versed in the law of the Lord, disputed with Jeremiah and achieved the exile of Israel into Babylon. Acts 7:43....

1 Kings 22:23 Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.

Lamentations 2:14 Thy prophets have seen vain and foolish things for thee: and they have not discovered thine iniquity, to turn away thy captivity; but have seen for thee false burdens and causes of banishment.

Jeremiah 2:8 The priests said not, Where is the LORD? and they that handle the law knew me not: the pastors also transgressed against me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal, and walked after things that do not profit. Jeremiah 5:31

Jeremiah 26:11 Then spake the priests and the prophets unto the princes and to all the people, saying, This man is worthy to die; for he hath prophesied against this city, as ye have heard with your ears.

Now that's fairly straight forward, how well versed people who you think you should trust, are the ones who cause your destruction.

We continue into the new testament, and things were even worse. This time we have complete rule by the scribes and Pharisees, and we see Jesus having to constantly dispute with these well versed people, who as Jesus told us, sat in Moses' seat, they have many things to say, and wish to be your teacher. John 8:3-6...

Matthew 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Now is the end time, and it is entirely worse than even those two previously terrible deceiving times. The deceivers are increased, they are ever learning, and even are satans ministers, each with excellent knowledge of scripture, and fulfilling all prophecies for the end, seducing and deceiving, and you know them by their fruits, they fill the world with strong delusion and lies, the deceiving in unrighteousness, as that is the message the false teaches can speak only, and this is what all believe in, and you see they cannot accept correction, show truth, or speak meekly. The new Christian cannot be as deceiving as the advanced deceivers, and those who talk a lot about Christ, do a lot less. 2 Corinthians 11:15

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2 Thessalonians 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Now shame is another thing the world of false teachers cannot have, the same as Jewish people stick to their own religion, and confidence also, Proverbs 14:16, another sign of lack of sincerity. The 100000 different Christian denominations are not ashamed to give their own versions of Christ, different and opposing, everybody who thinks they have some knowledge of Christ, is able to be your teacher, but God also gave the way to avoid these boastful last time false deceivers, we don't need them at all, they have no authority or power, they are caught, they are defeated, exposed and finished..

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

1 John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Ephesians 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

ADAM7777

View Profile
Posted : 9 Aug, 2016 10:22 AM

Hello I thought I would contribute a little to this intellectual discussion.

It is very intellectual and the wisdom of this world brings nobody to Christ. 1 Corinthians 3:19, 1 Corinthians 1:28, Neither does strife, contradictions, use of many words, or lack of compassion, kindness and love..

1 Timothy 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

Unfortunately people who are well versed in scripture, do not have much good to offer, because they are unable to be humble and correctable themselves, so the new one in Christ can be more sincere, seen in who uses too many words as totally incorrect.....

Ecclesiastes 4:13 Better is a poor and a wise child than an old and foolish king, who will no more be admonished.

Ecclesiastes 5:2 Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.

I would like to clarify also, the scriptures are not without mystery, Revelation 10:7, depth, and the very wisdom of God, for a person to assume they know what they are talking about, how far are they from the meekness of Christ, as the scribes and Pharisees have greater damnation, Matthew 23:14, so do not be presumptuous or prideful as their examples, 2 Peter 2:10, to consider they knew what they were saying, every time they lifted themselves up to speak to God, about God.

So, when Paul speaks about himself being carnal, and his old man and struggling, his viewpoint highlights the stance for Jewish people, who consider they truly follow God, when they struggle, and have no ability to do all things through Christ who strengthens us. and the flesh against the spirit, is their problem, they cannot do the things they would, and Christians who are exactly the same in behavior, are the same in belief, we are called to righteousness, believe in it, as it is the answer for all things and it is simple, clear and easy. James 3:17

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Page : 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265