Author Thread
lizamari58

View Profile
Being single is not always a bad thing
Posted : 14 Sep, 2015 11:46 AM

I've been a single parent for 3 lovely daughters for 25 years now. It was tough when you don't have a job, a house, any friend and the ex wouldn't support a single cent. But that didn't let me surrender. I sold any item we had , furnitures , some jewelries and even the coffee jar and my new kitchen apron and had to say goodbye to my collection of kitchen utensils and home decors. I accepted a secretarial job and had to wear one pair of shoes for two years . My little sewing skill helped a lot sewing for new found friends .We lived one day at a time ....and that lasted for 25 years ! Even my daughters were amazed how we did that. We never got hungry and we lived a dignified life. I never asked anyone for a penny. My girls struggled with me and were my inspiration and strength. After 25 years, I have an Architect, an Engineer and a Psychologist in hand. One daughter is happily married and have a good job.The other 2 will soon get married as well. Our secret....we stayed together and gave strength to each other. We surrendered everything to God and He sustained us all these years.Being single for so long needed strong faith in God and strong determination . I think God has rewarded our endurance and pain. God is so good to provide me all the strength and courage to fight for what I believe is right. To all single parent..don't give up , don't despair ...God will never forsake you.

Page : 1 2