Author Thread
beccalee1281

View Profile
would you ask?...
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 12:51 PM

Nope... I would not ever do that! The number one reason is extreme shyness. Second I think the guy should ask the girl! Lastly I HATE to shop, so, unless I am buying for someone else I usually go in with a list and get it over with quickly!

beccalee1281

View Profile
Would you date this person?
Posted : 13 Mar, 2009 07:38 PM

Hey T,

Well, being from a family that has many soldiers I don't believe that they are murders! I believe that even in the bible God treated war as different, it does not say in the bible that soldiers were to be punished for murder but that murder was wrong! Murder is the taking of innocent lives, war involves the loss of life in combat!

Take for instance David it was not his soldier actions that got him in trouble but his murder of Bathsheba's husband!

I also believe that even though God forgives our sin sometimes we have to pay the price for it...whatever a man sows that will he reap! Sometimes the harvest is not pleasent!

beccalee1281

View Profile
Would you date this person?
Posted : 13 Mar, 2009 04:00 AM

Wow, trying to set a trap to make a point is so grown-up!

The point about Paul is really good! It would be hard to look past that kind of history but I believe that if he was the one that God had designed for me...all things are possible!

But in all honesty I would not have given David a chance! He was married and that made his abuse of power even greater! And in the end they both paid a huge price for their sin!

In relation to the question though are we talking murder or war...which is totally different in my opinion!

beccalee1281

View Profile
Why r the majority of Christian single women either teachers or nurses?
Posted : 8 Mar, 2009 04:46 PM

I am a nurse by profession! I chose it after having a bad medical experience as a child! I wanted to be able to support others that were facing scary situations!

Now, as to NiceGuy4You's post! It was totally wrong in the relation to nursing! I had to go to college and learn how the body works, how it responds to different situations, I had to learn what to expect with different medications, and what symptoms to look for! I work in a teaching hospital which means that I have to know everything that is going on and what to expect next! I am the one responsible to look at orders and question the doctor if that is the right way to go considering the situation! I work with MD's that aren't out of their residency and don't know what to do sometimes! I have to know so that the patient doesn't get hurt!

Trust me nursing isn't for everyone and it isn't easy!!! Oh, and a lot more men are going into nursing!

beccalee1281

View Profile
Would you rather be Sarah or Ruth?
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 04:24 PM

Though both were great women of faith in the end, but the journey there was not easy!

Sarah's lack of faith in God's promise lead her to give Hagar to Abraham and after the child was born jealosy lead her to force Abraham to choose. If she had trusted God when He gave the promise there would not have been so many issues. In the end God provided the son just as He promised! Sarah is a picture of the many things that we face because a lot of times we have a promise in our lives but go out and try to accomplish it through our own means instead of waiting on God!

Ruth came from a heathen background and from an ungodly place. When given the choice she chose to stick it out with Naomi even after being warned that she may not be accepted! She was faithful to work and wait, and God blessed her! She is a picture of us in that we were all heathens and ungodly but after finding our way to Him we need to stick with Him and trust Him!

I would rather be RUTH!

beccalee1281

View Profile
Beware of scams-I just got taken!
Posted : 4 Mar, 2009 05:54 PM

I am very sorry that you went through this! I totally understand! I had a guy that started writing me and he was wonderful then he started telling me a sob story! Something started throwing me off and when he ended up asking for money that I couldn't come up with he started hounding me! He sent me mean e-mails and trying to use my faith against me! I broke it off with him.

Then the other day one contacted me from this site, it was great. He then started asking me to call him but that he was in Africa on a job. I looked up his information through a romance scam site and found his information there!

Thankfully the same things that they are using to try to cheat us we can reseach them!