View Profile
Dress code
Posted : 28 Dec, 2015 04:56 PM

Correction he is Independent Fundamental Baptist

Velvety_88

View Profile
Dress code
Posted : 28 Dec, 2015 04:55 PM

Ok so I was talking to a guy for couple of weeks and everything was fine and we were planning on setting our 1st date. But, yesterday he pointed out that he is Independent Baptist. I thought that it was like any baptist churches I attended before but its not. He said that he is willing to date me if I start changing the way I dress by wearing ONLY skirts or dresses by the knee or below. He did mention how its wrong for women to be wearing dress pants and jeans. He also phrased the bible verse of Deuteronomy 22:5.

I mean I really like him but I don't think I can accept that since it sounds a bit controlling. Besides if he wanted a girl wearing dresses why did he contact me if based on my pics you can clearly see I also wear jeans.

What do you all think

Velvety_88

View Profile
Dress code
Posted : 28 Dec, 2015 04:48 PM

Well we text more and chat than talk but he sounds like a nice guy. The downside is the his beliefs are more conservative in sense that women arent supposed to wear pants at all and their way of worship is different.

Also, my correction is the he is Independent Fundamental Baptist (IFB).

I've been reading alot about this denomination although he says its not a denomination. And there are pros and cons; mostly cons.

Bad reviews and such but he said some are true and others arent but depends how ppl grew up because every church is different.

He also says he cant attend just any church. It has to be similar to his beliefs and the music has to be traditional hymns not like todays modernized churches which he considers wrong.

He says he likes me but the downside is that I told him that I enjoy dresses for sunday or church services is fine but the rest of the days i like to wear pants because they are comfortable. But he said he was against that and expects me to wear em 100%. He also says capris, shorts, leggings are wrong because its shows your figure and is provocative to men.

I also did research the IFB has divided to seperate denomination which is Southern Baptists which they consider liberalist because women wear pants and their way of worship is modernized.

Velvety_88

View Profile
Dress code
Posted : 28 Dec, 2015 04:39 PM

Also, my correction is the he is Independent Fundamental Baptist (IFB).

I've been reading alot about this denomination although he says its not a denomination. And there are pros and cons; mostly cons.

Bad reviews and such but he said some are true and others arent but depends how ppl grew up because every church is different.

He also says he cant attend just any church. It has to be similar to his beliefs and the music has to be traditional hymns not like todays modernized churches which he considers wrong.

He says he likes me but the downside is that I told him that I enjoy pants and dresses for sunday or church services is fine but the rest of the days i like to wear pants because they are comfortable. But he said he was against that.

I also did research the IFB has divided to seperate denomination which is Southern Baptists which they consider liberalist because women wear pants and their way of worship is modernized.

Velvety_88

View Profile
Dress code
Posted : 28 Dec, 2015 04:31 PM

Hi yes thnx for the correction of the bible verse and he did mention something aout history of pants being related to homosexuality and lesbianism and being to provacative to men that it shows your figure. I said i dont wear tight jeans only loose kinds. BUt he still said its wrong including capris and shorts. That he expects his partner to wear dresses/skirts 100% even at his home, going grocery shopping and church since he doesnt want his church ppl and other to look at his parnter like if im rebelling against their dress code.

Velvety_88

View Profile
Dress code
Posted : 26 Dec, 2015 11:11 PM

Ok so I was talking to a guy for couple of weeks and everything was fine and we were planning on setting our 1st date. But, yesterday he pointed out that he is Independent Baptist. I thought that it was like any baptist churches I attended before but its not. He said that he is willing to date me if I start changing the way I dress by wearing ONLY skirts or dresses by the knee or below. He did mention how its wrong for women to be wearing dress pants and jeans. He also phrased the bible verse of Deuteronomy 5:22.

I mean I really like him but I don't think I can accept that since it sounds a bit controlling. Besides if he wanted a girl wearing dresses why did he contact me if based on my pics you can clearly see I also wear jeans.

What do you all think?

Velvety_88

View Profile
Dress code
Posted : 26 Dec, 2015 11:11 PM

Ok so I was talking to a guy for couple of weeks and everything was fine and we were planning on setting our 1st date. But, yesterday he pointed out that he is Independent Baptist. I thought that it was like any baptist churches I attended before but its not. He said that he is willing to date me if I start changing the way I dress by wearing ONLY skirts or dresses by the knee or below. He did mention how its wrong for women to be wearing dress pants and jeans. He also phrased the bible verse of Deuteronomy 5:22.

What do you all think?

Velvety_88

View Profile
Dress code
Posted : 26 Dec, 2015 11:00 PM

What do you all think?

Velvety_88

View Profile
Dress code
Posted : 26 Dec, 2015 10:59 PM

I mean I really like him but I don't think I can accept that since it sounds a bit controlling.

What do you all think?