Author Thread
AEllison19

View Profile
So Im gonna say it, SEX....
Posted : 29 Jun, 2008 11:03 AM

OH yeah and also need I say, all the men that I have met...have been through church. Just because people go to church does not mean they are a true Christian.

AEllison19

View Profile
Posted : 29 Jun, 2008 11:01 AM

Hahaha, you make it sound as though just because I am in college I party...which is not the case at all. An I have never dated a guy my age, always 23-25. Due to the fact that guys my age are immature. If I could find a guy my age that was mature, that would be one thing, but until then, I stick to the older crowd. Most all my friends are married and have kids. I prefer it to be that way. I can not relate to people my age, they are too immature.

AEllison19

View Profile
Social Justice VS. Salvation- Part Three
Posted : 29 Jun, 2008 10:58 AM

1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: Faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

-Love for people, love for God, and love for ourselves is what brings everything together.

- We say that we love people, but are we only doing it because it says we are supposed to in the Bible? or are we truly loving people the way Christ loves us?

-We need to pray and ask the Lord to show us how to love others as He loves us unconditionally

Romans 10:15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

"There are many of us willing to do great things for the Lord, but few of us are willing to do the little things." -D.L. Moody

So the whole point of this message is that we need to bring unity back into the church in order to accomplish the works of God and love one another as God loves us.

AEllison19

View Profile
Social Justice VS. Salvation- Part Two
Posted : 29 Jun, 2008 10:57 AM

When a house or the church is divided it crumbles. The enemy is trying to separate Social Justice from Salvation because he knows if he can, the church will become weak and the work of God will not be accomplished.

People don't care how much you know, they want to know how much you care.

Both Social Justice and Salvation are important. But for us to take the pit falls out, we have to put Social Justice and Salvation back together and make them whole so the work of God can be accomplished. Therefore when you try to save the Lost you are saving the whole person, not only through your works but also by showing them Christ's love and leading them to Him.

James: 2:14-26

What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such a faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed, "but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. (The Salvation is dead if not accompanied by Social Justice). But someone will say, You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. You believe that there is one God, Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder. You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, Abraham believed God, and it was called God's friend. You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone. In the same way, was not even Rahab the harlot considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead."

-Isaacs faith was made complete by what he did.

-Social Justice is made complete by Salvation and like wise Salvation is made complete by Social Justice.

Galations 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision or uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

1 Thessalonians 1:3

We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

- The work produced by faith

-The labor produced by love We as Christians see people how God see's people.

AEllison19

View Profile
Social Justice VS. Salvation- Part One
Posted : 29 Jun, 2008 10:54 AM

Social Justice meaning- Lost people see Jesus by what we as Christians do, though we don't try to witness the Word of God to the Lost.

Salvation meaning- We witness but do not to the works.

Social Justice: -Only phyical that we as Christians are concerned about, we don't want to push Christ on anyone -We may help them and they may accept Christ, but if we dont teach them, there is no true change. Salvation: -The only thing that is important to a Christin is Lost people. -Most Christians have what is called an agenda. Agenda meaning, we just want to convert as many souls as possible.

In 1925 there was a split in the church. They never classified what exactly it was, but I am about to show you.

-We as Christians are not portraying God the way that He wants to be portrayed.

WHAT IS THE NUMBER ONE MANDATE?

-Matthew 22:37-40

"Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it:

'Love your neighbor as yourself."

So the number one mandate is, LOVE.

Social Justice: THE GREAT COMMANDMENT

"We plant, we water, but God makes the growth."

Matthew 28:18-20

"Then Jesus came and said,"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Salvation: THE GREAT COMMISSION

"When we skip over the Great Commandment (Social Justice) on the way to Great Commission (Salvation) can do great harm in the authority of our faith." - Robert Lupton

Because of faith we love people unconditionally. If we skip over Social Justice to get to Salvation, we have an "agenda".

AEllison19

View Profile
Posted : 28 Jun, 2008 12:22 AM

Yeah its sad to think that it is because of guys/men like that, it ruins the view of all the ones out there that are actually good and decent, and it is unfair to think that because of all the bad guys that hurt us women, the good ones when we finally find one, are left having to pick up the peices from all the guys in the past that hurt us.

AEllison19

View Profile
Worst Date Ever
Posted : 27 Jun, 2008 07:13 AM

What is it with guys whenever they ask you out on a date and then while your out to dinner they start texting someone. And then throughout the rest of the evening he is devoted to texting and not paying attention to you? I mean seriously, if a guy doesnt wanna be with me he should just be honest and be like hey, this isnt gonna work, and Id be cool with it. But to be an A.H. about it is really rude. What are your opinions on this matter?

AEllison19

View Profile
Posted : 27 Jun, 2008 01:07 AM

What is it with men on these websites. For instance, I was talking to a few guys I had met on another dating website and they seemed really great and then all of a sudden "sexual questions" started to arise, so of course, I backed away and stopped talking to them. But what is it with men in that? I am beginning to feel like that is all men want, they are not interested in a womans intellect, only her body. It is really sad to think that a person can really miss out on who could possibly be the one God has for them, all for the sake of sex. Why can I not just find a decent guy who likes me and appreciates me for me and not just the physical?