Author Thread
servant386

View Profile
What are "guy" rules for after a date?
Posted : 7 Apr, 2012 02:23 PM

ummmmmmm , take her to the psychiatrist because she would have to be crazy to go out with most of us here:ROFL:

servant386

View Profile
I wanna Boaz ?
Posted : 13 Sep, 2010 10:26 AM

This has been an enduring post. I mean over many months and isnt it great to see iron sharpening iron? I learned something from a man of God years ago and he said , " that just because someone didnt do or think like you , it doesnt make them wrong . It makes them different . " In fact this is almost always true . Of course if you dont believe in murder and someone else does well , it does make them wrong but we arent talking of outright sin here we are expressing our outlook on various facets of a book which God Himself gave us to grow with and to glorify Him in that growth and it has prompted some to go to the Word to study and to meditate and to receive . This is a good thing . I want to thank all who have and still will participate in this post and I would like to hear JP`s Testimony . I pray much love and mercy to all .

servant386

View Profile
I wanna Boaz ?
Posted : 1 May, 2010 03:15 PM

Yes , I would love to hear your testimony .

servant386

View Profile
I wanna Boaz ?
Posted : 1 May, 2010 01:48 PM

Well written my sister but let us not make a statement that this story or that is about ...............in this case as you said Faith and Obedience .The Bible stories are usually about a plethora of topics but certainly faith and Obedience would be hard pressed to surface in Ruth . Naomi`s family left Judah and went to a foreign land and there is no indication that God told them to go but He might have . I dont think it matters much as far as the book of Ruth is concerned but the next exploits are important . The sons married foreign women and that was not being obedient to the Word and since there wasnt any comments about not doing the marriages , one might speculate that Naomi might have been OK with the marriages but again it doesnt say she condoned the actions of her sons . Now Ruth had faith in what Naomi told her to do but I dont see anywhere the trusting in God we see so often in other scripture . No , the book has other lessons and they are plenty but none comes close to the redeeming power of God not only to a sinner like Naomi who said God was against her but to mankind , by having what we would agree are bad things occur at intervals ( famine , bad marriages, no children , death , poverty ) only to have them overshadowed by God`s blessings in both the short( God providing a provider , husband, father ) and long term , Boaz and Ruth`s son becoming the Father of Jesse who was the father of David who was bloodline of Jesus our redeemer . Yes it is Romans 8 :28 in action . Whod a thunk ?

servant386

View Profile
I wanna Boaz ?
Posted : 1 May, 2010 06:04 AM

Responsibility is not removed from men for seeking a proverbs 31 wife which we dont all too often because we get blinded by physical beauty but the thread originally centered on the wanting a Boaz without even coming close to being a Ruth . One of the comments I read was a preference by her future guy ,,,,,,,,,,,,,he must like the finer things in life .................and it wasnt about the treasures we store up in heaven . It was about nice cars , clothing , dining , neighborhoods , etc . I know I have read that here at least 5 times . There are so many points to be made in Ruth but marrying a rich guy isnt one of them .

servant386

View Profile
Bible vs yoga
Posted : 30 Apr, 2010 03:46 PM

Very interesting but we must be talking about two totally different things ( I hope )

First according to Webster Yoga is ....# Hindu discipline aimed at training the consciousness for a state of perfect spiritual insight and tranquility that is achieved through the three ...

# a system of exercises practiced as part of the Hindu discipline to promote control of the body and mind

So if we are exercising in a pattern that is stretching but that would not be Yoga , then we are not out of his will , however we open dangerous doors if we allow some of the other aspects to come along with the exercise . I asked , what does the Word say about this and 2 scriptures came to mind which may or may not apply here if we substitute yoga for meat .

First : I think 1 Cor . * Vs 1- 8 which has love as its main theme . Now regarding your question about food that has been offered to idols. Yes, we know that �we all have knowledge� about this issue. But while knowledge makes us feel important, it is love that strengthens the church. 2 Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn�t really know very much. 3 But the person who loves God is the one whom God recognizes.[a]

4 So, what about eating meat that has been offered to idols? Well, we all know that an idol is not really a god and that there is only one God. 5 There may be so-called gods both in heaven and on earth, and some people actually worship many gods and many lords. 6 But we know that there is only one God, the Father, who created everything, and we live for him. And there is only one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom God made everything and through whom we have been given life.

7 However, not all believers know this. Some are accustomed to thinking of idols as being real, so when they eat food that has been offered to idols, they think of it as the worship of real gods, and their weak consciences are violated. 8 It�s true that we can�t win God�s approval by what we eat. We don�t lose anything if we don�t eat it, and we don�t gain anything if we do.

Second Is 1 Cor Vs 9-13 which is probably more pertinent to some of the forum members ................But you must be careful so that your freedom does not cause others with a weaker conscience to stumble. 10 For if others see you�with your �superior knowledge��eating in the temple of an idol, won�t they be encouraged to violate their conscience by eating food that has been offered to an idol? 11 So because of your superior knowledge, a weak believer[b] for whom Christ died will be destroyed. 12 And when you sin against other believers[c] by encouraging them to do something they believe is wrong, you are sinning against Christ. 13 So if what I eat causes another believer to sin, I will never eat meat again as long as I live�for I don�t want to cause another believer to stumble.

servant386

View Profile
I wanna Boaz ?
Posted : 30 Apr, 2010 03:16 PM

You are mostly correct . There are a lot of woman like Ruth and there are a lot of men who do not see enough of Jesus in the ladies because of the visual aspect of our personalities . I wonder why God made us that way ?

servant386

View Profile
I wanna Boaz ?
Posted : 30 Apr, 2010 03:11 PM

Mark 10:29-30 ESV Jesus said, �Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, (30) who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life...................................Matthew 10:37-38 ESV Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. (38) And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Of course He also says .."HE WHO DOES NOT TAKE CARE OF HIS FAMILY IS WORSE THAN A PAGAN..... SO ONE MUST BE SURE OF "THE CALLING . But the point is well taken . In today`s society there are too many men and women who wont relocate because of a career or a good church or , or , or ? There are other careers and other churches that may just need what you have to offer to become a good church or a good career but if a job or a career or a nice climate or the like is keeping you from doing what Ruth did , seek the Lord for His priority and not what is comfortable for you .

servant386

View Profile
I wanna Boaz ?
Posted : 30 Apr, 2010 10:20 AM

You know , I mostly agree with you but it is so much more and I think you will agree with me . Is it not Romans 8:28 in action(even when we sin or dont see God`s hand in the circumstances ) ? is it not a hint for us as to what we should or not be seeking in a relationship ? Is it not a guide to do what is good and not evil when opportunity strikes , Is it not us placing ourselves under God`s wings and moving where He leads ? Is it not reaffirmation that although works are good they do not equal trust and faith in God . Who would have guessed that a foreigner would have been in the bloodline of David ? But I would like to get back on point and write this quote , "If God calls, you can leave family, you can leave your job, you can leave Minnesota, and you can make radical commitments and undertake new ventures. Or you can find the freedom and courage and strength to keep a commitment you already made. When you believe in the sovereignty of God and that he loves to work mightily for those who trust him, it gives a freedom and joy that can't be shaken by hard times. The book of Ruth gives us a glimpse into the hidden work of God during the worst of times. "

Wow !! The Holy Spirit speaks through humble men of God , doesnt He ?

servant386

View Profile
I wanna Boaz ?
Posted : 30 Apr, 2010 07:02 AM

I opened this post so we all could examine our motives and to seek the word for answers . Was Ruth so special in her commitment that she would not fit in todays world or does the book mean young girls should be looking for a rich dude , or does it lead us examine our prerequisites for marriage ? Does he have to be funny , tall , well built , must have hair on head , must not have hair on face , must not have piercings , must love dogs , must be a vegetarian , and on and on ?........... To me , the oddest thing of all is that we require and then find "our" requirements in someone and our divorce rates are still skyrocketing . Where are we going wrong ?

Page : 1 2