Author Thread
Merilee

View Profile
please pray for me (Mr.wise guy).
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 12:26 AM

Hi Mr.Wiseguy;

My heart went out to you and I appreciate the struggle you're sharing with us. You aren't alone, please hear this in your heart that you aren't doing life alone. He transforms us from the inside out for starts, don't be condemning yourself with negative thoughts on top of everything the devil puts in your head, it's just tooo much work ! I say that with a gentle smile and a big hug brother.

God doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called. When I saw that on a poster somewhere it sure helped me breathe a bit slower cuz I can get consumed with the "works" part of a good faith walk and block out him wanting and needing to work IN me to mature my faith. Take it one day at a time doin the next right thing and talk to him like a friend cuz he is our best friend and already knows what you're going through. Never Ever Give Up!

Hugs

Meri

Merilee

View Profile
Several Miracles in one story
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 02:24 PM

Wen;

Thank you for sharing your testimony with us. It's exciting to hear how God moves in peoples lives. He is real, he's alive and he's walking with us minute by minute, Praise Him !

Warmest

Meri

Merilee

View Profile
JPUSA
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 02:21 PM

Sounds great ! When you get more information see if they offer something in Canada? I'd love to belong to an arts community for Christ !

Warmest

Meri

Merilee

View Profile
Why you have choice and why bad things happen to good people
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 02:19 PM

Hi;

Why do good things happen to bad people. I also asked this in the past yr or so and someone I respect immensely put it simply this way.. because this is all they have to look forward to. For some they can gamble, drink, womenize, (manomize? lol) do what they please, have success the worldly way and live outwardly lovely lives but when it's done it's done. No future in eternity, no idea of what it feels like to be humble and forgiven. No clue what real love feels like on a spiritual level, it's all superficial for them, shallow, little depth and for some they prefer it that way.

Hope that offers up one idea?

Meri

Merilee

View Profile
Breaking off an engagement to some one u were in love with
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 02:12 PM

Heather;

I'm so soo sorry that happened to you but you found out he's not a fighter, isn't willing to work out conflicts and he had one thing foremost on his mind which says he wasn't looking to far in the future. I absolutely get this one and understand the hurt. Keep him in ur prayers or have others hold him up if ya can't (get that one too!) but do get out and look after you.

Warmest

Meri aka another Heather ; - )

Merilee

View Profile
TV Evangelists
Posted : 5 Oct, 2009 10:28 PM

The evangelists I really like are Adrean Rogers, Charles Stanley, Mark Hughs, David Jeremiah, Vernon Magee and Beth Moore. There's another fella who is wonderful in historical events and doing a time line study.. is tha Hagee?? He's a Messianic Jewish fella.

At any rate, I don't care for the tv evangelists. And in my personal opinion the best of the best are in my home church with Pastor Rob and his ministry team.. we're Missionary Alliance if it matters at all, and really shouldn't : )

But for folks who can't make it to church, those are some reputable names. Line up their words with scriptures and make ur own decision.

Meri

Merilee

View Profile
Was taken in by a fraudster on here
Posted : 3 Oct, 2009 08:51 PM

Hi;

I feel sooo violated tonight. Had been talkin a short time with a fella who used someone elses identity to portray himself as legit. Long story short, he's been banned and for good reason. I feel soo dumb, gullible.. looked past the tell tale signs like his broken English, his unlikely story about how he made his living and took him at his word. It sounded plausible and who am I to judge? Soo he gives me his phone number, I call the operator first to see where he's at and it's a cell phone in Nigeria. She KNEW I had met him on a Christian dating site ladies (and gents) and said they'd been getting lots of complaints, it's a big thing going on.

I've been speaking to one other fella but sent him a letter tonight to check him outa bit closer.

Fellas, if gals send you direct letters with questions on them and they sound a bit sirly.. please don't take offense. There's wolves out here, we do need to be watchful.

Meri

Merilee

View Profile
Ego Struggle?
Posted : 27 Sep, 2009 07:35 PM

Hi Fellas;

Wow it's great to hear you guys speak out. Perhaps my ideas will help, here they are.

I'm fairly cut and dry with what I look for in conversations with men.

1) are they real. there's certain buzz words that will give em away if they're looking with alterior motives.

2) are they direct. I appreciate men who know what they want and are not passive aggressive. that doesn't mean I like aggressive fellows, not at all but they do need to know Christ and be able to show leadership. Very important! Also, a sense of humor, not ridiculing or belittling, just plain fun to chat with.

3) I look for a compassionate heart that doesn't have the poor me's behind it. Someone who truly has a heart for others, doesn't judge the homeless or make fun of the disadvantaged in some way.. usually the true colors ring loud when politics or religeon come up.

4) finally, I don't care if he 'owns his own airplane' cuz where I live what are we gonna do, go crop dusting?? Money, although neccessary means little to me other then basic needs and putting away for the future. Someone who has to tell me their annual income thinking i'll be impressed, has already lost my interest.

i'd rather hear how much he enjoys what he does and how it challenges him, would google it to learn more about HIM and figure out questions to ask from there eh.

Sure hope I havnt offended any of ya, your vulnerability was appreciated. Thank you for showing this gal that there's guys on here who are sincere.

Be Blessed

Meri

Merilee

View Profile
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 12 Sep, 2009 03:18 PM

Hi All;

Re: alt.. huh ? sorry bud, I have no idea where ur comin from this far along.. just mowed the lawn, gonna move to the other side of town and get settled, busy busy.

Im not a hypocrit, after I posted the letter regarding compassion I sent u an apology letter and admitted it was a bit blunt.. will leave well enough alone, wishin u well.

At any rate.. its all good in the hood. Time to exhale and eat hummus : )

Anyone here into whole foods?? lol. and .. back to songs, that new one Down by the River is fabulous, who sings it?

Meri

Merilee

View Profile
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 5 Sep, 2009 07:33 PM

You're right spunkygirl and I made amends for my heated post. If folks found I was a bit outspoken with my lat reply, my apologies. The last few posts from the same author got my goat is all. Hard as I want to be pearly white, I fall down miserably. Never did like white, too hard to keep clean ; - )

Meri

Page : 1 2 3