Author Thread
Sundra

View Profile
Is Works important,What do you think?
Posted : 22 Jan, 2010 07:11 PM

Salvation is by faith through God's grace via the finished work of Calvary. However, once you are a believer, God expects certain things of you. Scripture says faith without works is dead.Your faith is demonstrated through your works. Some religions get it backwards and put the cart before the horse and think that works come first then salvation when in reality according to scripture, it is the other way around.

Hope that was clear. Clear as mud? lol

Sundra

View Profile
Need a man's vantage point.
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 09:03 PM

Thanks cattle and rick. I will work on rewriting it. I'll be away for a few days so it may be the weekend before i get a chance, but yeah I felt like it was more of a rant because of my frustration.

Sundra

Sundra

View Profile
Need a man's vantage point.
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 05:38 PM

Ok here goes.. Did this once before, followed advice given and no better success.

I just changed the written section of my profile and am wondering if it sounds too negative? It was the state of mind I was in when I wrote it I suppose. I was frustrated with the whole thing. In hindsight, I'm thinking maybe I should do a rewrite. Suggestions?

Sundra

View Profile
Okay, what about age limits?
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 05:32 PM

I started out with mine set fairly narrow and came to that same conclusion of "who am I to say who God wants me to connect with?" However, I reconsidered when I got emails from people in my son's age range (Sorry, I've already raised my children) and men approaching my Dad's age (that is creepy too). I changed it to what I consider a very generous range and would have to have to take it on a case by case basis for someone on either extreme of my limits. I would prefer a cohort that grew up experiencing the same things like moves of God, national/world events, culture etc that I did and be in my general stage of life. My son, who is often wise beyond his years said "Mom, being in different life stages would never work long term." Anyway, that is my two cents worth. Put it with a $1.50 and you might be able to buy a Coke, lol.

Sundra

View Profile
Big Strong Army Man...Oh...My!!
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 05:22 PM

I guess the better question would be, what woman wouldn't want such an honorable man in her life. God bless our troops and bring them all home safely soon!!!

Sundra

View Profile
what to say in a first email
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 05:13 PM

A question would be good, not a personal one of course, but something that would require a response. If you make a statement she may feel it doesn't warrant a response. If she doesn't respond to a question then I say she is rude and you don't want to know her any way. I've sent men emails and got no response. I think it is just common courtesy to answer someone when they ask a generic question. Even the heathen do that, . If they are not interested, they can let you know that if a tactful manner without rudely ignoring you. Even the auto responder that says sorry, but I don't think we are a match acknowledges that you sent a message. I've always heard the highest form of insult is being ignored. Maybe the times have changed, but I still think manners never go out of style.

God bless and I hope that God brings the woman He purposes to be in your life.

Sundra

Sundra

View Profile
Who Dat Nation- Louisiana
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 05:06 PM

I'm in Hammond. How 'bout them Saints??? Who Dat?

I'm normally not one who watches football, but how could I help it but watch the Saints this year.

Sundra

View Profile
Unequally yoked
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 09:33 AM

It is imperative that believers marry other believers. The bible tell us not to be unequally yoked. What fellowship has light with darkness? Also, we are asked in scripture.. How can two walk together except they be agreed. The marital union is designed to reflect the relationship of Christ with His Church and thus if we join ourselves to an unbeliever in marriage when we become one through the physical union.. think about the spiritual implications of that. I won't go into detail about those ramifications, but I'm sure you can see where some spiritual contamination could occur. Having said that, however, if you are married already to an unbeliever, scripture does exhort you to stay with them if they want to remain married so that you may perhaps be an aid in their conversion to Christ.

Sundra

View Profile
Can you tell me...
Posted : 2 Oct, 2009 10:08 PM

Thanks everyone. I'll just leave things as is then and maybe add some more pics soon. I'll just keep living my life and put the rest in the Lord's hands. =)

God bless you all,

Sundra

Sundra

View Profile
Can you tell me...
Posted : 1 Oct, 2009 09:26 PM

Thanks a bunch! :) I'll work on the getting more pictures. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

blessings,

Sundra

Page : 1 2