Author Thread
2mountain

View Profile
Atlantis is real, the flood is real.
Posted : 31 Dec, 2021 11:50 AM

You're all candidates for being Suspicious0bservers I'd say. Check out YouTube for S0 News (that's s-zero news) and happy viewing. Ben Davidson has been doing really good science and science reporting for over a decade now, and though I disagree majorly with some things (like the date of Noah and Gilgamesh living being 6k years apart, when he thinks they both lived at the same time) it's definitely worth being there for the daily updates.

2mountain

View Profile
Hello Moon, I'm the Earth. Let me shadow you for a while...
Posted : 19 Nov, 2021 04:49 PM

Hello all, Just wondering how everyone enjoyed or didn't enjoy the lunar eclipse last night. I thought it was pretty mundane, and I think most of the wild animals agree somewhat with me. The air did have a strange feeling about it though? Also there were many more meteorites than usual, I counted almost half a dozen in the hours I was outdoors and half paying attention to the sky. How was your experience? What are your thoughts?

2mountain

View Profile
Lord Of The Flies (Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction)
Posted : 12 Dec, 2020 07:53 PM

The following is a reply I made to someone in a discussion on the real life story compared to the novel. It summarizes many of my thoughts.

Things that struck me about the real life story vs. the novel were the grumpy old man still being angry about the commandeering of his boat (if you could call it that) and in the fiction the boat was 'civilization' returning like some sort of savior of humans from their naturally depraved state.

The novel tried to contrast say, human innately good or savage or transcendent nature. I don't remember it touching much on a Judeo-Christian God or world view. Sure there were higher powers imagined, but they seemed imagined and not real. The real life 'Rambo's' on the other hand had faith, which seemed to encourage them to self restraint.

I may be not remembering the novel well, it's been a long time since I read it. The contrast between the fiction and real though to me really drives the point home of how 'western' civilization became so - well, civilized.

2mountain

View Profile
Lord Of The Flies (Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction)
Posted : 12 Dec, 2020 07:39 PM

The other day I watched this video from one of my subscriptions and it caused me to think on human nature, morality and beliefs in a new more solid way. I'll post some of my thoughts below. Just some of them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6atvaHyJco0

2mountain

View Profile
What's the greatest lesson you've learned from online dating?
Posted : 14 Sep, 2019 08:40 PM

An ancestor of mine already crossed those mountains and seas many generations ago, from Asia to England. They did it the old fashioned way though meeting their future spouse in person. The life of a sailor or the spouse of a sailor used to be a lonely one, and often enough still is.

I remember a story by Lucy Maud Montgomery set in the 1800s about just such a couple. The wife and son spent years thinking the husband had been lost at sea. One day he reappeared.

I've heard of others, real people, who were shanghaied from England and transported against their will to the Americas colonies and faced years of indentured servitude.

2mountain

View Profile
modernizm
Posted : 14 Sep, 2019 08:21 PM

I'd be willing to bet some of the goldfish in bowls (or Siamese fighting fish / bettas) would love to have a bicycle. Do they watch the hamster rolling around the living room with envy? Don't they wish they too could see new sights?

Well now they can with the goldfish bicycle! Buy yours today! Billy Mays here.

(PS somebody needs to invent that lol)

2mountain

View Profile
Longest Profile
Posted : 27 Aug, 2019 06:05 PM

Goldilocks zone yes the most pertinent information is best. Also it's important to give a viewer something to talk with you about, I often come across profiles and want to message someone but they don't provide anything of interest, so I would just come across like a goof trying to say hi. At least I'd feel that way. Hmm, maybe I should edit my profile a bit now . . .

2mountain

View Profile
Hostage to the Fermi Paradox
Posted : 21 Aug, 2019 02:02 AM

Well hello out there all you lovely peoples. I just heard about the 'Hostage of the Fermi Paradox' concept tonight, it's a really mind bending thing. I wonder if anyone else out there sometimes feels they are one of those as well. At least thank God we have this forum and site so we have a chance to break through.

2mountain

View Profile
Hello
Posted : 20 Jul, 2019 11:10 PM

How about them tornadoes eh?

2mountain

View Profile
Hello from the friendzone lol
Posted : 20 Jul, 2019 11:01 PM

I declare you mayor of the friend zone. Here's the key to the city lol

Page : 1 2 3