Author Thread
cherished2

View Profile
Chivary
Posted : 30 Mar, 2010 01:03 AM

Dennis.... awesome topic and post. This was great fun to read and more inspiring to know that there are more who are old fashioned like me.....

The world truly is a gift waiting to be discovered!

cherished2

View Profile
Pet Names
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 12:22 AM

I do like special names given because you are truly someone special in their life..... its a little somethign ahresd by just the two of you.

However...... (and this is a big HOWEVER) when it comes too early in the relationship, it seems as though he is calling me other names so he doesn't have to remember my name. That leaves me feeling unappreciated and a little taken advantage of..... Does anyone else have those thoughts?

cherished2

View Profile
Accentuate the negative?
Posted : 24 Feb, 2010 01:02 PM

Thunder,

I think you have brought up a great point.... as I don't think every profile that "reads" so negatively was intend to come across that way. It gives all of us an opportunity to take another look at what we have written and see if we can do a little more about seeing the blessings and sunshine in our lives.

All the ladies above me are right, in the fact that htere are many men who tend to focus on the "Must nots". I truly dont read many ladies profiles (Seems when I do, though, I walk away amazed at how nice some of them seem to be!), but I am sure there are plenty of wounded gals out there.

It is my humble opinion that most of that stems from being hurt or disappointed in the past.

Keep smiling - there are lots of great people on here!

Cherri

cherished2

View Profile
Are all Christian woman sanctimonious?
Posted : 20 Feb, 2010 09:40 PM

G,

First, I want to assure you that those same issues are on this side of the fence too.... so I can certainly relate to your frustration.

But.... there are some of us that are working on getting our act together and trusting the Lord to help us in that area. Sometimes there is a fine balance in real world and Loving the Lord. Sometimes situations and circumstances cause us to become a little defensive and that balance becomes upset. Thats where the Holy Spirit comes in - and binds our mouths (in my case He clasps His hand firmly over my lips until I promise to be quiet!!) and works on our hearts. However, some of are still imperfect ladies after God's own heart.

I am not trying to defend every lady on this site - but just hoping you will take heart and know that there are some of us that are a work in progress and willing to see you for who you are as well.

I do understand how you feel frustrated..... but keep putting your hand out there. Some lucky lady might just grasp it and make you so glad you did!!

Cherri

cherished2

View Profile
ladies put the ladies away
Posted : 18 Feb, 2010 04:58 PM

I am so delighted to hear that opinion come from a gentleman!

It seems (from the ladies court) that those who flaunt it get the most attention - my question has always been, "Is that the kind of attention I would want for me or someone that is looking for true love?"

I am encouraged....thank you Sir!

cherished2

View Profile
Hieght/weight
Posted : 18 Feb, 2010 04:51 PM

I dated a man with significant physical disabilities (prosthetic arm and both legs....) for about a year. I was so in awe of how he overcame those disabilities and how amazing his mind was that it was hard to even remember the other problems. I htink more than the disabiloitu is the person's attitude about them. Do they give him a reason to try harder and expect more, or do they become an excuse for failure? A winning attutide can overcome much!

cherished2

View Profile
I just got hurt once again
Posted : 17 Feb, 2010 08:54 PM

iggs.....

You are gifted.... that was absolutely beautiful in every way.

It was also something I needed to hear tonight!!

Bless you, Sir.... and thank you from all of us ladies out here who are feeling just a little less then perfect tonight!

Cherri

cherished2

View Profile
what makes you say "absolutely not?"
Posted : 14 Feb, 2010 10:06 AM

My "Absolutely NOT" is someone who treats others badly.

That is not something I tolerate in anyone, and I cannot love and trust someone who does not give others respect. That's not to say that they have to agree with everything - they just need to have the ability to show tolerance and tact.

I have so many more things that make me adore someone that I have things that drive me away......

cherished2

View Profile
Shaved Heads.
Posted : 14 Feb, 2010 09:38 AM

ARCHIE!!!!!!!

You are back (I can vaccinate you for free....)

((((She dances in circles and claps her hands))))

WHoo Hooo!! This is cause for celebration!

Happy day.... Happy Valentine's Day, my sweet friend!

cherished2

View Profile
Valentines
Posted : 14 Feb, 2010 09:28 AM

Jar.... you have a most wonderful Valentine's day yourself!

You are a very sweet man!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7