Author Thread
Maniacs1

View Profile
i support barack obama
Posted : 31 May, 2012 12:20 PM

JC, i just want to point out something. the bible does not say directly say that polygamy is wrong and it does not directly say that men are not allowed to beat their wives and children. so because the bible does not directly list these as being wrong, does that mean that they are ok to do? in both cases they are indirectly delt with in other scripture, ie. marriage being between one man and one woman, and for husbands to love their wives and children (btw discipline and beating are two different things)

i also want to list a few verses about the whole fetus/child thing:

Matthew 1:18 now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: after His mother Mary was bethrothed to Joseph, she was found WITH CHILD of the Holy Spirit

Mark 13:17 but woe to them that are WITH CHILD, and to them that nurse (i had to change it to nurse because this site apperantly doesnt like the original word that is used) in those days

2 Samual 11:5 and the woman conceived, and sent and told David, and said, i am WITH CHILD

Matthew 1:23 behold, a virgin shall be WITH CHILD, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us

Exodus 21:22-23 if men fight and hurt a woman WITH CHILD so that she gives birth prematurely yet no harm follows he shall surely be punished accordingly as the womans husband imposes on him and he shall pay as the judges determine 23 but if ANY harm follows then you shall give life for life

now there are a few more that i wanted to post but i dont have the time to put them all up, but notice that they all say with child and not with fetus. i also want to point out that the main reason that abortion is not really talked about in the bible is because it was not really an issue at that time among the Jewish people. i am sure it may have happened either by accident or on purpose, but the Jewish nation as a whole knew it was wrong. i would like to polish this off a bit better but i have to go now, but i hope this clears a few things up

Maniacs1

View Profile
Lord of all?
Posted : 29 Jun, 2011 10:15 AM

i guess i should mentioned this to clarify, the artist is talking about Lord of our lives, cause the next line the artist mentions about Jesus knocking at the door of our hearts. so i guess it could say "if Hes not Lord of all our lives then Hes not Lord at all", if that makes any sense. now granted, it is something that take our whole lives to do, but if we arent willing to give our lives fully to God then He isnt really Lord of our lives at all, and yes we are to do it daily.

Maniacs1

View Profile
Lord of all?
Posted : 28 Jun, 2011 07:57 PM

just an interesting quote from a song i heard, "if He's not Lord of all, then He's not Lord at all". any thoughts on this?

Maniacs1

View Profile
Sex before marriage!!!!!
Posted : 27 Jun, 2011 09:33 AM

my question then chris is, who would have done the "wedding ceremony" for adam and eve seeings that they were the only 2 people on the earth at the time? God would have married them when he created eve.

genesis 2:18-25

18And the Lord God said, �It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.� 19Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. 20So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him.

21And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. 22Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

23And Adam said:

�This is now bone of my bones

And flesh of my flesh;

She shall be called Woman,

Because she was taken out of Man.�

24Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

25And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

notice verses 23-25.

Maniacs1

View Profile
Genesis 2:15
Posted : 17 Jun, 2011 10:02 AM

i dont know if anyone will readt this as it is a fair ways in the list now, but anyways here it goes. here are a couple of definitions of the word keep that may help this.

verb (used with object (the garden is the object))

1. to hold or retain in one's possession; hold as one's own: If you like it, keep it. Keep the change.

2. to cause to continue in a given position, state, course, or action: to keep a light burning; to keep a child happy

3. to maintain in condition or order, as by care and labor: He keeps his car in good condition.

4. to maintain in one's service or for one's use or enjoyment: to keep a car and chauffeur.

5. to have the care, charge, or custody of: She keeps my dog when I travel.

6. to maintain control of; regulate: to keep the peace; to keep your temper.

7. to take care of; tend: to keep a vegetable garden.

8. to remain in (a place, spot, etc.): Please keep your seats.

there are many more definitions, but they dont really apply to this particular topic.

Maniacs1

View Profile
a good quote
Posted : 25 May, 2011 08:42 AM

there is a quote in a book that im reading (by chuck swindoll, but this is not his quote, he is using it from someone else) that i find pretty interesting, but i dont mean to post this to start an argument or debate, just to hopefully get people thinking about what they believe about the bible.

"You cannot pick and choose from the Bible what you want to believe is inspired. The Bible does not present itself that way. Even more, the Bible will have no sustaining power for life if you make yourself the arbiter of what you will and will not believe about it."

the original authors of the quote are kent hughes and bryan chapell

Maniacs1

View Profile
Samson
Posted : 27 Mar, 2011 01:52 PM

i was watching a sermon online and the pastor made an interesting reference to samson (he wasnt teaching about samson, its just it fit with what he was teaching), and the point he made got me thinking a bit aboiut him and what happened to him. samson was a nazirite (sorry bout spelling, it might be wrong) which ment that he had a vow/covenant with God which is why he had the long haor (outward expression of an inward reality?). when samson told delilah what the source of his strength was (which was actually from God, not his hair, like i said it was just an outwards thing) he broke his vow/covenant (and i dont think that was the only thing, but this is not what i want to talk about so im not getting to much into the story) with God and thus lost his strength and his eyes (sight). that got me thinking about us christians nowadays. yes God has made his vow/covenant with us and when we become christians we do the same to God. the think that i find curious/interesting is when we as christians sin, do we become weak and blind like samson (per se) and only regain both when we reestablish our vow/covenant with God? this is just mostly something to think about, maybe talk about and all that stuff.

Maniacs1

View Profile
Shroud of Turin
Posted : 3 Mar, 2011 05:13 PM

i dont know if u mentioned this cause i dont really have the time or focus at the moment to fully read, but one other thing is that didnt Jesus have his facial hair plucked out? if i remember correct, the shroud has an image of a man with facial hair

Maniacs1

View Profile
The "truth" of scripture
Posted : 9 Feb, 2011 08:24 PM

@ asher

i just want to point out the those 2 veres that you used from proverbs are not contradictory. they are talking about 2 different circumstances where if you respond or dont respond to these people you can/will be dragged down. some people just want a response for arguments sake and dont really want to learn anything, where as other people truely want to learn or need to be corrected.

Maniacs1

View Profile
erosion and stuff
Posted : 9 Feb, 2011 08:19 PM

just as a heads up, i am not fanning the flames of the calvanist/arminian debate (at least not on purpose), like i said i was just using it as an example of many of the divisions amongst christians because of lack of true biblical authority and understanding. christians need to start getting "back to basics" and start from there. we are not doing anyone any favours by continuing this. we need to start letting the Holy Spirit be the true teacher of scripture, i mean isnt that what He is anyways (or at least supposed to be) and not lean on our own understanding? i mean yes, people can help open our eyes to certain things that we dont notice right away, but it needs to be supported by all of scripture and guided by the Spirit otherwise it is just mans decieving opinion which, as we can tell by history, can be very destructive. maybe if we all spent more time reading the bible and praying to God for the understanding of the scriptures than we do "going at eachother", than maybe the world wont see us as a joke (at least thats what i use to think before becoming a christian). anywho, just as another heads up i tend to generalise alot, it is a weird habit and i am trying to kick it.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5