Author Thread
sskookum

View Profile
The Ninth Commandment
Posted : 12 May, 2011 05:34 PM

I was looking through the 10 commandments because I wanted to find out what it says about lying. During some of my Bible readings, I have found different times where a few of God's biggest followers would lie to like deceive their enemy and in other situations too. I know that when I was growing up, I learned that lying is a bad thing. The ninth commandment looks like the one that would be closest to that, but really doesn't say "Thou shalt not lie." If it does mean that or something to that affect, then why does God bless figures in the Bible after they deceive? Maybe part of the answer that I am looking for might lay towards good and evil, true believers and non, the righteous and the non-righteous, those who will do God's work and those who won't or don't? Does that sound about right?

sskookum

View Profile
How do you read The Bible?
Posted : 12 May, 2011 05:04 PM

I am reading the Bible by the means of a daily readings schedule that takes you through the whole Bible in one year. Of course, I am not done with it and it has also taken longer than a year to get to where I am at. Not even halfway there yet. The schedule starts you out in Genesis, then with each book, it kind of bounces you around to Psalms, then back again. Plus other smaller books are thrown in. It seems like the schedule takes you through it in how it happened and what went along with like when I was reading about King David in one book, in between those scriptures it would take you to Psalms to read that came from him.

I haven't read the Bible all the way through though. Still my first attempt. I have heard that the NT is a lot more positive, being less boring, although I do like all of the stories that come from the OT. I am currently on 2 Chronicles and almost through with that book. When it gets boring, I keep on reading because I know that they will have a story in between that I don't want to miss:) I will keep at it.

Or, maybe I could get that app?? :P

sskookum

View Profile
The Ninth Commandment
Posted : 12 May, 2011 04:39 PM

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.

What does this mean to you?

sskookum

View Profile
Why?
Posted : 8 May, 2011 04:12 PM

Thank you God for giving us desire.

sskookum

View Profile
girls..Want a man,don`t need a man..difference?l
Posted : 25 Dec, 2010 10:40 AM

Wow!! Where to start! I guess I will start with it is so great to see that converstaion is not a dead issue:) Adding a few more cents to the pot won't hurt right?? Hehe...we all have a few we can spare.

I think that getting back to God and understanding that the Bible will lead us to the truths is where it is at in trying to find ourselves whether we are man or woman. God will provide for us no matter what gender we are, whether we are single or married. So when it comes to what either of us needs, God has and will provide the basics. Food, clothing and shelter are our basic needs and we could all just be able to live a lifetime on this earth having just that. We could believe in Him, praise Him, thank Him for that, and then we would be happy right??

I don't think that could be totally true. God made both man and woman. Yes, God created woman using the rib of Adam. That was a part of Adam, and to say that Adam doesn't need his rib, or that his rib doesn't need Adam would be bad. He did create the woman and the man different than each other, but yes, with the two joined as one in marriage, they would have what it takes to fill this earth according to one of the pieces of God's plan, and that was to multiply and fill the earth. Man and woman are two puzzle pieces that do fit together, and I believe that no matter what, either man or woman can not truthfully say that they don't need the other. We were created to fit together, to need each other. If the feeling to need each other isn't present, then part of God's plan wouldn't work right?? There would be a flaw in His plan right?? I won't believe that for a moment. To need each other, God has provided that too, which should be a part of those basic needs.

The hardest things that we have to go through is living on this earth before Heaven. It is a challenge alright! The path is narrow that leads back to Him. We are emotional beings and there is good and bad in that. As we live our life on this earth we will be constantly pulled back and forth between good and evil throughout our lifetime. The forces of evil are greater against those who appose them, that is why most people will not be saved. Because they choose to follow a society and it's rules, the people that give in to temptation, succumbing to their desires, not believing in God, they won't have to worry about anything because they make it easy for the devil to take them.

So we will be tested hard and I do not disagree with anyone on here that is trying to stir the pot to find out what another person is like in how they respond. It does show how life had led them to this point, and it definitely does not mean that they cannot change. I also believe that there are women out there that look at life like they are just trying to collect their happiness, thinking that once they have gathered together all of the things that society says are important, then their life will be the ultimate and will be truly shined upon by others. That kind of thinking does not impress God. Hopefully those women will find that out before it is too late. On the other hand there are a lot of guys out there with this macho attitude like they are going to take the Bible, mis-read it's words and treat a woman in a bad way. All this goes back to society and what they say is right. They are followers of whatever can be construed as worldly. All the experiences that we have on this earth will have good and bad, and we as christians need to sift through all of this by using the Bible to understand our purpose. We need to throw away from our life all of the feelings of hatred, disappointment, despair, dismay, anything negative from our earthly experiences. Let alone all the people who are not christians...there are so many people to choose from...let me say I will always start my search with God at my side and try and find someone who does the same. I wish you all well in your search.

I am new to the chat forums so I don't know anyone's name yet, but I saw a post that was quoting the Bible, having to do with quotes about feeling of love and respect. It reminds me of the book "Love and Respect" by Eggerichs. He is a preacher or pastor that had been a couples counselor for years before he wrote it. His travels through being a counselor took him back to the Bible to find out what we all "need" to feel. I can remember growing up as a child and through most of my life, that all that I ever was told is that the most important feeling that a man or woman could feel is the feeling of being loved. I really feel the message of this book is so true and opened my eyes. God did create us differently, both man and woman. The feeling of love is needed for both man and woman. Love is the feeling that the woman cherishes the most to feel, it makes her feel more complete than any other feeling. But the man is different. Yes, the feeling of love is very important to him, but not the most important. Respect is the one thing that he desires to feel the most out of all the feelings he could choose from. If he feels respected, then he gives love back, the woman feels loved, she gives respect back. It is a good cycle. But the opposite can happen when one of them doesn't feel loved or respected, and then the couple gets into a bad cycle where unless one of them can reciprocate a good feeling of love or respect back, the cycle will go on being bad. I think that this book is an awesome read for man or woman, single or married. We are taught by society to love and everything will be good. So it is somewhat instilled in us at an early age by society that love is all we need. I am so glad that this book had come into my life because I think that it is a good point about how relationships can be better by understanding how we were created. Just like God created man to take care of the Garden of Eden. That was a man's sole purpose designed by God. That is why a man should feel that respect is the most important to feel. But then again, he didn't have someone to give that respect to him, and he was lonely. So God created woman for that purpose and the result of their togetherness is the love desired and sought after by the woman. Each needs what they need from the other to live a happier life together.

I also believe that in our single years we should not worry so much about going after someone else to marry, that in God's timing it will all come together. But we do get caught up in our humanly needs and put more energy into trying to make that happen, but we know that we want to understand and feel God's love to the most that we can, to be able to feel that love and respect that we so desire. It is hard being human. I still have a lot of work ahead of me to understand.

Page : 1 2