Author Thread
Peanutbutterpie

View Profile
First Message/First Impression?
Posted : 19 Feb, 2018 08:06 PM

I definitely agree with Melissa. I really find it a compliment even if someone took at least a little time to engage me with some of the interests or bits of info from my profile and use it as a conversation starter. It also shows that you at least have some interest in trying to get to know me, versus just a really blank "hey, how's it going...If there isn't much to go off of (I've seen that so many times), then maybe discuss a popular world event happening or maybe even ask a thought provoking question that might catch the person's attention. Just a few ideas :)

Peanutbutterpie

View Profile
Sex pests: How to spot one
Posted : 12 Feb, 2018 01:36 AM

Great post. Sad to say, I have experienced a lot of this when it comes to interacting with the majority of men on here.

The big one I have noticed, even as "DaughterofKingJesus" noted, the "pet" name calling is a big giveaway. Calling baby, hunny, sweety, babe, it really is a huge turn off to me. Also, as already stated, trying to get you off the site after only two messages later is questionable. Strange messages about wanting to commit right away or try to come out and visit you without barely even knowing anything about you personally. Just all red flags.

Peanutbutterpie

View Profile
why do men lie
Posted : 26 Jan, 2018 10:14 PM

Sorry, you have experienced this. But it happens, doesn't mean you are unqualified, just means that you have to learn from the negative and move on. It wasn't meant to be and thankfully you have seen these qualities in this person now then later. God bless and have faith.

Peanutbutterpie

View Profile
Online dating a scammer
Posted : 23 Jan, 2018 10:52 PM

Sorry, Yulia you were scammed. It really does hurt. What is worse are the people out there that are smart with the scamming. They play you along for awhile and actually play pretend and feed on your emotions. Then there are some who are just outright about it. Usually a dead give away is pictures and how they communicate. If possible try to get them in a video chat or even a phone conversation. I don't care what anyone says, you can tell a lot about a person over the phone. The way they sound or the inflections in their tone...says so much. If there are inconsistencies in stores that is another big give away...or they travel a lot or live in multiple countries things like that...kind of are some indicators to watch out for...Anyway, been there before in the past, and it does hurt...but definitely lessons learned.

Peanutbutterpie

View Profile
Why a LOT of GUYS (& Girls) get passed up on this DATING site
Posted : 17 Jan, 2018 10:21 PM

"StillHaveIt" I agree with a lot of your reasons....

I've seen quite a few profiles with pictures where the person is wearing sunglasses or the photo is extremely dark, or there, of course, is no photograph and that is automatically going to get ignored or deleted.

Another big one are the one word responses or "hey" messages. It's just so unoriginal and boring. I mean I love creative greetings or responses. It's really not that difficult

Also asking very personal questions right off or heavily flirtatious messages is quite the turn off.

Page : 1 2