Author Thread
lucy14

View Profile
Is it wrong to tell someone you aren't attracted to them?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2015 06:57 AM

Hi ,

I was thinking I wonder if when Adam first saw Eve he was attracted to her I think YES.

This is a very difficult one because I believe the attraction can initially draw us to someone , however, if its just the attraction that interests, then like my last marriage, pretty doomed.

I worked with a guy once who initially didn't find amazingly attractive, but as time went on and saw what he was like eg sense of humour etc, he became more physically attractive to me. I suppose if a guy told me he didn't find me physically attractive it would then kill it deader than dead ! Rather this than think am in with a chance .

lucy14

View Profile
Why Are Women So Optimistic
Posted : 6 Jan, 2015 05:30 AM

Hi ,

I must be the black sheep here then !

I really struggle in this area as I have had some experiences that have almost put me off ever dating again,

I now think that it would take nothing short of and angel appearing in front of me heralding " This is OK"

for me to believe that there is even a remote possibility here .

I have learnt that Males never change ( via 2 marriages and two divorces) no matter how optimistic . You should accept each other as are ..and if things are great and even get better then that's a bonus............

regards

Lucy

lucy14

View Profile
Older Women and Younger Men
Posted : 6 Jan, 2015 05:19 AM

I suppose being from the UK I would understand women wanting younger guys as UK males do not age as well as you US guys. However , I would be suspicious if the top criteria was someone 20+ years younger and wonder at the motive behind.

I was married to a man 10yrs younger and it was very difficult ( hence now divorced) I have noticed though that there are sooo many males out there wanting really younger women.....so I get males who look like my grandad ....emailing me to have a younger woman. as I am no spring chicken lol

The thing that bugs me the most when there is an age restriction on peoples profiles ....especially when the person states that they want an email buddy/ chat buddy... doh !!

lucy14

View Profile
Being yoked to an unbeliever
Posted : 16 Feb, 2011 03:41 PM

Hi Boaz,

Yeh Im sorry also but i dont agree with your post either.

My ex didnt have different doctrines to me...he wasnt a believer in any shape or form. And it was him that didnt wanna live with me..not the other way round.

It is said in the bible not to be yoked with an unbeliever...its easy translation...it is a wse statement....as I have experienced to problems of such...

When the both of you are pulling in different directions and the darkness in them is constantly trying to pull you into unholy stuff and unritcheousness....then it better to be without them....

lucy14

View Profile
Approaching
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 03:40 PM

Thanks for all the replies.....Very helpful and gave me some insight into how you males tick....

Im just an old fashioned girl ...and prefer to be pursued...Ummm but you have given me food for thought...

God Bless

Lucy

lucy14

View Profile
Are looks really important?
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 01:55 AM

Hi there,

The answer is definitely NO here....BUT....the problem is...that I think its looks that initally attract.

The internet gives us a good chance to get to know someone above the looks....to get to know them...inside...but I will be honest with you here,....I prefer to chat to someone who has a photo...

On saying that once I get to know someone and their beauty shines from within ,,,they automatically look lovely on the outer

I cannot see that it is your looks that is letting you down here....but maybe you need to ask these women where you are going wrong....but BE PREPARED for the answer LOL...we can be ruthless at times....

:boxing:

Regards

Lucy X

lucy14

View Profile
What are the biggest turn off you seen on a mans profile?
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 01:44 AM

Hi there,

For me its when the the bit about me in their profile is as long as ' War & Peace part 1 and 2 !! LOL

The ones where you get 3 Sunday sermons in it.....and when their requirements of a partner describe something from the red carpet at the oscars when they look lke theyve been dragged through a hedge backwards ( you get my drift)

And the ones who take themselves really serious....Humour is the best turn on for me....personally, and nice short and honest profiles....but thats just me....

All the best

Lucy X

lucy14

View Profile
clueless!
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 01:32 AM

Hi there Dean,

Personally I would be more responsive if I was approached by someone who tends to go in the chat rooms . Ive had many weird and wonderful approached by those who just zoom in on an IM and assume that you have known them all your life, to winks ....(i never know what to do about them ) ..to emails that profess their underlying love for me...(a passport into the UK !!)

On line dating and relationships are a good way of actually getting to know someone...before dating ..

To answer yout question...As we like you guys are all individuals and unique....I think there is no set answer to your question....thats why I believe that getting to know someone in the chat room first gives a foundation so that when you do approach in whatever form you choose...the recipient will know and trust it is genuine.

Sorry to ramble on...and i hope you have found this helpful

God Bless

Lucy X

lucy14

View Profile
Being yoked to an unbeliever
Posted : 11 Feb, 2011 01:29 PM

Being married to an unbeliever for 13yrs was extremely difficult. We did not have the very core in common and sometimes it was like living with the enemy..!!

Light cannot fellowshio with darkness,,,and the light will show up the darkness....I can see Pauls wisdom in advising it not to happen..It feels like you are pulling in different directions because of the differing concience and basic ritcheousness aspects....

Im sooo grateful that God forgives us for our mistakes....and we can yet live to fight another day...

I hope someone out there may find this helpful....

and I pray that if you are looking to be married,......You will be blessed with a beautiful partner.

Lucy XX

lucy14

View Profile
Scam Emails
Posted : 10 Feb, 2011 11:07 AM

After getting copious amounts of emails from Males that are banned before I even get a chance of reading the message(probably just aswell) lol

My question is ...Surely its not just me that is scammer bait...or do they think I am truly gullible , desperate or whatever?? I would be pleased to here others experiences of this It is sooo annoying and a shame for the genuine pple on here who may get passed over because of the fear that they may not be who they say they are....

Regards

Lucy

Page : 1 2