Author Thread
joesgeo

View Profile
What's eating HolyGhostGirl
Posted : 19 May, 2011 04:25 PM

I initially had reservations about Obama because he started his political career in one of the most politically corrupt cities in the United States. In Chicago the dead rise on election day.

I disagreed with a lot of Bush's policies but Obamas are even worse when he isn't continuing the same things. He can't even keep a promise that he's going to close Gitmo. All he has to do for that is to tell the military leaders to build a new camp and move the detainees there. His DHS secretary is a bit of a joke. He has allowed the ATF to smuggle guns to Mexico which have then been used to kill federal agents (project gunwalker). He has vastly increased the national debt. He is probably engaged in an illegal war for oil. (Regardless of opinion, the US led invasion of Iraq was not illegal. Bush had Congressional approval to wage it, and the US constitution says that Congress has the power to declare war, and it does not outline the form that such a declaration is to take. Congress couched it as a "resolution authorizing the use of military force" or some such. But it amounted to a declaration of war.) If anyone is interested, look up how many European countries have oil interests in Libya. Instability disrupts the flow of oil to the Europeans. In Libya, he is probably close to violating the War Powers Act. Republicans in Congress are opposing the military intervention in Libya with Obama's own words.

The biggest gripe I have with Bush is that stupid stimulus right at the end of his term.

joesgeo

View Profile
Is it okay?
Posted : 17 May, 2011 10:02 PM

As far as I know, yes.

joesgeo

View Profile
Barack Obama
Posted : 17 May, 2011 08:35 AM

Tulip, the example of "racism" which really makes me unhappy is when people call employers racist for wanting to see an alien registration card which aliens are required to carry with them.

joesgeo

View Profile
Barack Obama
Posted : 16 May, 2011 09:16 PM

I can't say I've heard too mna y racist comments from republicans. They just brought us conscription and the income tax.

Our current vice president has made a few good ones though. He described Obama as the first clean and articulate mainstream African American. He has also stereotyped Indian Indians from India as owning convenience stores.

joesgeo

View Profile
Barack Obama
Posted : 16 May, 2011 03:51 PM

i am not an Obama fan I voted against him and fully intend to do so again.

He still is the president though.

joesgeo

View Profile
Your dream Wedding...
Posted : 15 May, 2011 07:48 PM

If I'm fighting a fire breathing dragon for anyone it will not be with a sword. And shiny armor makes you a great big target.

joesgeo

View Profile
Emotionz N' Stuff.
Posted : 15 May, 2011 04:30 AM

if you mean date as in spend time with as a friend, I don't think that is inappropriate.

If you mean date as in leading her on so that she thinks you like her enough to get married that is scurrilous and underhanded. It basically is deceptive and someone who does that is acting without honor.

joesgeo

View Profile
The _____ or _________ game
Posted : 14 May, 2011 08:13 PM

With pizza ---root beer

On a sandwich turkey or ham?

joesgeo

View Profile
Something in the Water?
Posted : 14 May, 2011 07:49 PM

I've noticed the same thing tulip.

joesgeo