Author Thread
myhopeisgod08

View Profile
Older Men or Younger Men
Posted : 13 May, 2010 01:55 AM

I have dated both. I dont think age is the most important thing.. Spiritual, intellectual, emotional and of course physical chemistry have to be there. When I was in my twenties age was more of a hang up for me, but now not so much. As I get older (and hopefully wiser), I am trying to let God define who my partner may be.

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
Laid back?
Posted : 10 May, 2010 10:17 PM

pixxy, this has been my experience as well (sadly)... Thanks for sharing sis.

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
Laid back?
Posted : 10 May, 2010 07:38 PM

haha. Well that clears that up. Thanks Tulip! lol

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
Laid back?
Posted : 10 May, 2010 04:31 PM

I keep seeing this on a lot of mens profiles. What do you consider this to be?

I have met men before who have described themselves as this and have found that it meant they were passive.

I realize this is not the case with all men, but I am interested in what you view as the characteristics of "laid back" guy.

Thanks for your input!

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
Have you ever done this??
Posted : 7 May, 2010 10:09 AM

Thanks River. I think so to. I am keeping him in prayer. He is a prodigal right now with a huge calling.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Blessings,

Melissa

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
Posted : 7 May, 2010 07:18 AM

Oh I know that. When he said it I was so surprised and I asked him about it. He said he did have feelings more than friendship towards me.

I think he is just confused right now. I have no expectations whatsoever. More important to me is his relationship with our Father. I hope this will translate into him surrendering completely to Gods will.

In the moment though it was hard for me to separate myself from what he was saying. It stirred up old feelings.

Thanks for your input

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
Posted : 7 May, 2010 05:34 AM

Agreed. Even if he didnt have a girlfriend I'm not saying that I would consider him romantically. He is not someone that is walking with God right now and he has admitted this. Someone close to him died and this has shaken his faith.

Its just odd to me that after 3 years of knowing me he would suddenly develop feelings for me.

I just ask God to bring him conviction and to draw him back to Him.

Thanks for your input

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
Posted : 7 May, 2010 12:29 AM

Last week a really good friend of mine (a guy) texted me just to say hello. We had some back and forth exchange and than the conversation took an odd turn.. He made some sexual comments that were inappropriate (he is struggling in his walk right now obviously).

He than said that he didn't mean to scare me. I told him it was just shocking to hear. Although we had met through another Christian dating site, we have never been romantically involved. He is quite a bit younger than me (27). I never took issue with that but it bothered him. So this sudden admission that he may 'perhaps' have romantic feelings for me through me for a loop.

At some point in our friendship I did have more than friendship feelings for him, but I knew how he felt so I chose to bless him as my brother in christ. A little difficult at times because our conversations are usually an hour or more and center around God.

So his admission stirred up those old feelings in me, Remember this whole conversation is via text.. Oh and another awkward aspect of this situation. He has a gf.

This happened last thursday and I didnt hear anything from him until yesterday,,, Again via text. He said he was embarrassed and ashamed of the commenst he made and asked for my forgiveness,

Bomb set up, he ran away and than sent a text?

So confused in Cali.

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
confused
Posted : 29 Apr, 2010 03:00 AM

All the other posters make good points. And may I just say: "welcome to my world".. lol. If I here one more time: "I cant understand why you're still single..".

My answer to that comment is simple.. It is in God's timing. The whole dating process can be disheartening at times, but I consider this.. Anything worthy is worth waiting for.

Focus on learning how to be content in all circumstances (including your singleness). Also, may the person God has intended for you is not ready (spiritually, emotionally, etc.)

I hope you will be encouraged in knowing that you are exactly where He wants you and that even now He is working out the details of your life.

Blessings to you sis,

Lissa

myhopeisgod08

View Profile
So who reads these...?
Posted : 27 Apr, 2010 01:49 AM

lol. I actually do read these! Blessings to you in your search..

Page : 1 2 3 4