Author Thread
LookingForItAll

View Profile
Photos are so important!
Posted : 13 Dec, 2018 04:35 AM

There's a very simple reason many people don't want to put their photos on public display: avoiding embarrassment.

I've seen more than one woman mention getting ridiculed by coworkers, and there's also the potential for running into someone in real life who you've turned down -- or worse, someone whose ignored your interest.

LookingForItAll

View Profile
Why do guys use this greeting?
Posted : 24 Nov, 2018 08:48 AM

And I have to disagree with you, aham3.

I think rambo919 is being very candid, and accurate, about masculine conversation. My son once noted that his significant other was perplexed that he and I could be on the phone for an hour or more and when she would ask what we talked about, his (honest) was "Nothing, really."

Men tend to converse either competitively or meaninglessly, and the latter is mainly as an entertaining way to avoid boredom.

LookingForItAll

View Profile
Girls
Posted : 24 Nov, 2018 08:39 AM

There is no one type all men find attractive, and I'll bet most men (myself obviously included) are attracted to a variety of women. Context counts for a lot, and the underlying truth is that I will be drawn back to someone I realize makes me happier than when I'm by myself.

LookingForItAll

View Profile
why reject Mr. Nice Guy? part three!!!
Posted : 24 Nov, 2018 08:33 AM

That's a refreshingly honest response, Butterflyyy.

On many levels.

LookingForItAll

View Profile
Why post old pics or lie about age
Posted : 24 Nov, 2018 08:28 AM

For many folks, I think part of it is also a reluctance to accept that we are all getting older if we don't kill ourselves first.

It also doesn't help that this site (like many others) frequently presents prospective matches as nothing more than a wallet-sized photo. People who aren't comfortable with their age are going to feel even less "marketable" in that context.

LookingForItAll

View Profile
Dating Young women
Posted : 2 Nov, 2018 07:45 PM

There is also the simple fact that being around younger children has a tendency to drag you back into the simple joys of childhood. Teenage and adult children aren't likely to inspire the same joy that secretly sharing a cupcake with preschooler brings.

And for a man who enjoys fixing things, carrying part of the load for a single mom makes your suit of armor feel very white and shiny.

LookingForItAll

View Profile
Woman's initiative
Posted : 7 Sep, 2018 07:21 PM

Coming a little late to the discussion, but my rule of thumb is that winks mean that someone liked something they saw, but have nothing more to say about it.

Sending an email is only a little more effort, but it actually starts a conversation.

And, while I can't speak for all men, whenever a woman is motivated enough to start a conversation, I pay attention.

LookingForItAll

View Profile
PURITY
Posted : 6 Sep, 2018 09:32 AM

FreckleJess, "need" is a relative term.

Men are kept more aware of the pleasures of sex, and face fewer practical consequences -- especially in modern society, where it is increasingly common to see single mothers who have never been married, and where people at all levels of society have demonstrated a willingness to rationalize their behavior by defining sexual acts as "not sex."

Also, as Ryan Reynolds' character so pungently pointed out in "Definitely, Maybe", there still is no boy word for "s**t".

So the reality is that men ask for extra-marital sex for the same reason they ask for large helpings on dessert -- they enjoy it and feel no shame in trying to get as much as they can.