Author Thread
Jordy86

View Profile
How to determine who to marry
Posted : 5 Jan, 2019 04:42 PM

Hehehe! Yes it is. God is great. He will lead you to a marriage that will work. Just trust in Him

Jordy86

View Profile
WHO CAN MAKE A GOOD WIFE?
Posted : 4 Jan, 2019 03:57 PM

Mentioning God or Bible now... - well, you don't write answers when you set up an open discussion. Answers come along, and that is exactly what is happening

Jordy86

View Profile
Posted : 4 Jan, 2019 01:40 PM

At your age you should be in a position to reason better what you have said about your parents.You comment just to try and win an argument. This is never my theory. Division of labor and responsibilities between man and women is God's word, not mine. Read the bible.Genesis 3;16-19, Ephesians 4:22-33, The famous Proverbs 31:10-31, Titus 2:5, 1 Peter 3:1-6. Read those very soberly (not with a mind that seeks to counter some argument) to get the picture. Your parents both worked. As I said, wife working doesn't make bread winning her responsibility, and a man cooking and doing the chores doesn't make house managing his responsibility. Doesn't need rocket science to know that they exchanged these values(complemented each other), each doing their responsibilities and stepping up to assist in each other's responsibility. That is perfect. What if your mom didn't have a job and remained at home and did all that she is expected of as a wife(Titus 2:5), and your dad didn't cook but he worked hard and won bread for the family (Genesis 3:17)? It still would have been perfect. BUT, what if your mom, because she had a job, demanded your father to cook and clean, and your father didn't have a job and didn't want a job because he finds it okay to cook and clean because his wife was capable of providing for the family? Trust me, that marriage wouldn't have worked. You can blow the word of God in the water if you think you are too smart beyond what the word of God says

Jordy86

View Profile
Posted : 4 Jan, 2019 06:37 AM

zsolt, it seems unrealistic because modern parents dont teach their children to be husbands and wives. They only lead them to become professionals in careers. It is unrealistic because we think all old traditions are wrong, including even those shown in the bible. This is why evven today a woman thinks she can have two husbands. Thereare loads of stories on youtube,please do search and watch.

Man=bradwinner

Woman=home manager(bring up children, cooks, makes sure the home is clean and organized etc), PERIOD. The bible may lead you to understand.

Jordy86

View Profile
Posted : 4 Jan, 2019 06:28 AM

I agree. All these are important. But the Bible only talks about "love", "respect" and "submission". Some things we do create in our heads but they are not key. You have learnt about betrothals. People grow us and their priorities and desires change, but these who their parents agreed to have them married without their consent, had their marriages work; not for other reasons but love,respect and submission. Ask yourself why women are commanded to respect and submit?

Jordy86

View Profile
Posted : 4 Jan, 2019 06:17 AM

With these replies i can see the reason why many marriages in this modern age don't last. Find any woman who is or has been in a marriage that has lasted for years (from 10 years on); ask them what responsibilities they had to make sure they make their husband happy and helped their marriage to work. Trust me, cooking and general house management, including cleaning will be the main.

Perhaps you comment they way you do to please some ladies you are attracted to that it will be easy if they chose you. Marriages are not easy. They come with responsibilities. In fact, there is division of labor between husband and wife. Husband is family's bread winner, wife is a home manager. It has been that way. New changes will never make marriages better. Today, women are bread winners too. That doesn't change their position in marriage, they remain house managers and not bread winners. Today, men can cook, clean and do all other chores, but it doesn't change their position as bread winners. That is how it was supposed to be. Go against it and your in trouble. If each stands on they responsibilities, then there is peace. Contrary to that, no peace, hence, divorce .

Jordy86

View Profile
Posted : 2 Jan, 2019 03:01 PM

It does my friend. Your home will need managing. In marriage there are two important foods, one prepared in the kitchen and another in the bedroom. They all bring happiness to the marriage. You may choose to eat from who is not your wife but when it comes from your wife, brings smile to the home. Even when you can hire someone, let the hired cook, but at times, let them cook food for others to eat while you eat food cooked by your woman, you will see how happy it feels

Jordy86

View Profile
Posted : 2 Jan, 2019 02:55 PM

Unfortunately, it isadvised that they know how to cook and clean. What if you cant hire nyone and you have to manage your home? How when you dont trust anyone to eat their food but your wife alone?

Jordy86

View Profile
Posted : 1 Jan, 2019 02:01 PM

1. Comfortable when it comes to cleaning, keeping the house clean?

2. Must be good at preparing good meal. Must love cooking ?

Must a woman have these qualities before a man considers them for marriage

Jordy86

View Profile
How to determine who to marry
Posted : 1 Jan, 2019 01:55 PM

Copy/click on the link to watch. VERYUSEFUL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTXUncADNYE

Page : 1 2