Author Thread
virtuous610

View Profile
why do guys run away
Posted : 29 Jun, 2011 07:45 PM

I just wanted to hopefully encourage you to be patient and be about our Father's business... I have a 5yr old son and we are a package deal. Frankly it is extremely tough being both the provider and everything our child (children) need us to be. Often times we are overlooked by guys for whatever reason but I see man's rejection as God's protection. Stepping into the role of a husband and step-father from the beginning can be scary but I'd rather him not waste our time than to run later...

2 Thessalonians 3:13

virtuous610

View Profile
Woman/Man after Gods Heart.. Just thoughts...
Posted : 29 Jun, 2011 07:19 PM

God has been dealing with me regarding a lot lately regarding what a woman/man of God looks like and how to be a blessing to God, our spouse and our children... In that I've been studying the Book of Ruth, Proverbs and Esther. I've identified some areas in which I personally am working to improve in... I was having a conversation with God when He said something that really hit home for me, so many of us want to be married/parents but are not really cognizant of what it really requires... a servants heart!

What are some of the natural ways that you are cultivating and growing in the characteristics that God is dealling with you in?

Example: I am a single mom and sometimes its tough keeping everything together so God is dealing with me on my organization skills. Simple things like a shoe rack, dual clothes hampers have helped in my organization trmendously!

Also, asking God in what ways could I improve myself now to be a better mate for my future husband?

virtuous610

View Profile
What's your favorite....
Posted : 31 Mar, 2011 07:18 PM

Hymn: His Eye is on the Sparrow

Contemporary worship song: I Will Worship You and Qualified

Christian Artists/Bands (top 5): tobyMac, Mary Mary, Tye Tribbett, Donald Lawrence, Kari Jobe

Christian songs to listen to (top 3): Afterparty by Canton Jones, You are Good by Kari Jobe, Everything by Lifehouse

Secular Artists/Bands (top 5): Michael Buble, John Mayer, Sara Bareilles, Train, Norah Jones

Secular songs to listen to (top 3): Haven�t Met You Yet by Michael Buble�, Hey Soul Sister by Train, Love Song by Sara Bareilles

Song you sing to in the car: All of them

Instrument to hear: Electric Guitar

Instrument to play: I Sing�

Place to listen to music: Everywhere

And just for kicks - emoticon to use in text messaging, forum posts, or emails- : P or =)

virtuous610

View Profile
It's a Lifestyle!
Posted : 23 Jan, 2011 07:11 PM

I'm not going to make this a drawn out essay... The reason it is important to me that my spouse is a believer....

First and Foremost!- The Word of God clearly states that I as a follower of Christ should not join myself in covenant with a non-believer! That alone closes the case... But to add a little trimming to this burger...

Second... My lifestyle is patterned after the Word of God and it is the final authority in my life!

Last and not least.. The Word of God tells me that husbands and wives are to submit themselves one to another. Because I believe the Word of God is true and it is there for my protection I want to make sure that the man I join my life with knows how to hear from God when making decisions for our family. This also makes it easier for me to submit to my husband and give him the respect that will be due to him...

I rest my case!