Author Thread
MargoSolo

View Profile
What Came First ... The Chicken Or The Egg? -- Please Explain Your Answer. :)
Posted : 26 Nov, 2010 10:41 AM

Oh brother! :ROFL:

MargoSolo

View Profile
The problem with Thanksgiving
Posted : 25 Nov, 2010 02:15 PM

My Dad is a wonderful Christian, but he doesn't really get into holidays because he doesn't understand why special days are needed to be thankful, to celebrate the birth or resurrection of Christ because he always says these are things we should do everyday.

He's no scrooge, he just doesn't go overboard with the holidays because he lives quietly acknowledging these things all the time.

MargoSolo

View Profile
What does this mean, how do I write back at her?
Posted : 25 Nov, 2010 02:00 PM

I agree. I find it commendable that she was flat out honest with you but did so very politely. You asked, she answered. Its just that simple. I know this is hard, but one thing I have found in relationships is that no matter how much things may seem to line up, or have in common in your mind, if they don't feel the same way, it cancels everything else out.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Lesson in real life
Posted : 25 Nov, 2010 07:37 AM

Or rather, "IF THE SHOE FITS, GROW OUT OF IT!":laugh:

MargoSolo

View Profile
Lesson in real life
Posted : 24 Nov, 2010 07:25 PM

Hi everyone, I�m new here but wanted to join in a little. I was wondering if God ever taught anyone here a lesson in real life like He taught me one time not too long ago. In my case, it was on an ordinary day after work. I was already working pretty late and only had a little time to get to Bible Study that evening. I was supposed to get there early to buy a message CD for a friend of mine. However, on this certain day, my skin was breaking out a little and I didn�t like it! Being caught with the unpardonable offense no woman should ever know, I didn�t have any makeup in my purse. No problem, I�ll just run to Wal-Mart! Of course, it didn�t matter that I had to get to Bible Study to ask about the CD for my friend, I could do it all if I hurry real fast! After all, I couldn�t possibly look anyone in the face! �I�ll just run in and out!�, I kept thinking. But God kept reminding me of the truth. In the back of my mind, I kept hearing, �Oh, no, you can�t�you know you should be on your way�time is running out�, and even more convicting, �This is pride, and you know it!� Anyway, I ran to the check-out, pulled out my wallet, paid and grabbed the bag to head out the door. I settled in my car and with some satisfaction I reached in the bag to find�.a pair of baby shoes!

Apparently, there was a mix-up at the check-out, and I grabbed the lady�s bag in front of me. God had not, and would not let me get away with my own interests when I should have been attending to someone else�s.

�Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself, do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.� (Phil. 2:3)

I had to laugh �cause I think I knew what God�s lesson was: �You came in for make-up, but I�m going to give you baby shoes. IF THE SHOE FITS, WEAR IT!

MargoSolo

View Profile
What's the story behind your profile picture?
Posted : 20 Nov, 2010 07:43 PM

Hi Everyone!

First time for me on these forums. I'll be participating more in the future.

Pic on profile - It is an HR pic for my badge at work. It was the first day at my new job 8 months ago. I was happy. :dancingp:

Margo

Page : 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27