Author Thread
alekk3

View Profile
Meant To Be But Not Meant To Be Together
Posted : 26 Jul, 2020 06:23 AM

You are very young and probably very inexperienced when it comes to dating, especially online dating. Online Dating is "make belief' for many people who have no intention of pursuing a real relationship with you. What you have experienced has happened to many men and women all across the world; so you are not alone in this.

They are some people who are online to find a partner for life, but many of them are really online to "pass the time" and play "make belief." Don't be discouraged!!!

It is easy to be taken in by a man or a woman who seem to say the right things or may be telling us "what we want to hear." Be careful. Not every person online is online for good purposes! Focus on keeping things in perspective. If you're talking to a man or a woman online for about two to three weeks, and you feel that you may have good chemistry, the next step should be some kind of "real" interaction. Either you video chat or call via Skype or cellphone. Anyone who doesn't want any kind of "real" interaction with you probably wants to play "make belief" or is a scammer. You'll be fine. Best wishes!!!

alekk3

View Profile
Meant To Be But Not Meant To Be Together
Posted : 26 Jul, 2020 06:08 AM

"I think you gave him eight months too long. Because I don't understand how you can be in a relationship, with someone who you've never actually met in the flesh...:-)"

Very well said.

alekk3

View Profile
You chose this...
Posted : 9 May, 2020 04:11 AM

"I don't think everybody is complaining. Dating can just be a bit complicated."

I agree with you here, to an extent. For me, it is not complaining about the opposite gender. It is more of an observation of some of them poor behavior. God did create "A Help Mate For Adam." So there is nothing wrong with us Human Beings wanting to share our lives with the opposite gender. God himself realized that Man cannot be alone.

alekk3

View Profile
I reply to almost everyone, it's polite, but what about the 'almost'?
Posted : 9 May, 2020 04:00 AM

I almost feel like moving to S.Africa. :) Go figure. On that note: Can you imagine me in S.Africa? I find her, and she is oblivious, and, my spiel:

Have you communicated with this woman you have a "crush" on in South Africa? If you have not communicated with this woman; I can't see how you carry feelings for a woman you have never communicated with. You have to be careful. That is not healthy.

alekk3

View Profile
I like a woman so much, but she doesn't know i exist!
Posted : 1 May, 2020 05:02 AM

She doesn't know he "exists" period. She has restrictions on her profile settings for location. Is is healthy to have a "crush" on a woman or a man who you've never communicated with? Moreover, a woman who has clearly put restrictions with location on her profile for dating? We need to think with our heads and not our hearts.

alekk3

View Profile
Posted : 1 May, 2020 04:56 AM

A person willing to take risks will typically accomplish more. If it were me, I would "go for it", but be ready to step back if it didn't go as intended. Of course, he's not me and has to figure it out.

Worst case scenario - She's upset he contacted her and asks him to go away, which he has the option to do.

Best case scenario - She is receptive to him and his effort to make contact, and they get to know each other.

Do nothing scenario - You never know what could've happened if you acted.She doesn't know he "exists" period. She has restrictions on her profile settings for location. Is is healthy to have a "crush" on a woman or a man who you've never communicated with? Moreover, a woman who has clearly put restrictions with location on her profile for dating? We need to think with our heads and not our hearts.

alekk3

View Profile
Posted : 1 May, 2020 04:45 AM

Why not tip his hat and walk away now?

Well said!!! She doesn't know he exists. They've never communicated at all!

alekk3

View Profile
Posted : 1 May, 2020 04:42 AM

"I have a huge crush on a woman who is on this site, but is from South Africa. She is very much, my type! I think she is beautiful, but her account settings is set so she is only looking for a spouse in South Africa, and obviously, I'm not from there. I've not seen where she comes onto the site at all. My heart aches as I've been praying she would notice me. Ah well, such is life. If the Lord allows it. She is white, from South Africa. It sure hurts to be in this situation."

First of all, there is no way that she'll be able to notice you if she has "restrictions" on her settings. There is no harm in having a "crush" on a person. However, you have never communicated with her so she has no idea that you "exist" or that you have feeling for her. If you know her username, maybe you can try to reach out to her, but I doubt she'll notice. You probably have to move on.

alekk3

View Profile
Does your stay here worth it or not? Why?
Posted : 16 Apr, 2020 04:44 AM

It can get quite "boring" here. It all depends on who you meet to correspond and chat with. I don't know much about the chat rooms either. Everyone is different and everyone will have a different experience here online. I hope your experience here is good.

alekk3

View Profile
Feel like giving up
Posted : 3 Aug, 2019 05:31 AM

Everything that you've posted is true!!! In my opinion, dating sites are not the ideal places to meet a potential spouse, but some people have had success!!! Try meeting Christian men offline at social events and church events and see how that works out for you. I know its not easy and many of us at times have "thrown in the towel."

Page : 1 2 3 4