Author Thread
PaulC

View Profile
Is anyone else exploring professional ministry careers?
Posted : 11 Jan, 2012 01:08 PM

How "progressive" are some of the Baptist fellowships/associations?

PaulC

View Profile
Honest but messed up!
Posted : 7 Jan, 2012 05:55 PM

I can see that being good practical advice. But it's kind of one of those gray areas, where it depends on the person (I guess). It's always most important to focus on the present. But I am who I am now because of who I was. Right?

PaulC

View Profile
Posted : 7 Jan, 2012 05:53 PM

Oh, are there some Baptist associations that don't ordain women? Female ordination is so natural to me that I forget sometimes. I was ordained by a female priest. Actually...as my dad used to trip people up by fully describing her: a married, female, Jewish priest. Discernment is a lifelong process.

PaulC

View Profile
Posted : 4 Jan, 2012 05:34 PM

Awesome! Where are you going to school? What year are you in? I had thought about being a Navy chaplain for a period of time, but I don't think that's my specific calling in ministry.

I'm excited to leave tomorrow for the Diocesan Ministry Retreat. It's for all the people who are in the ordination process from nominees (like me) to people who are almost ordained (or already ordained as transitional deacons), the Bishop, and the members of the Commission on Ministry and Standing Committee that advise the Bishop on people in the ordination process. It should be a great experience to be with all of those people, worship together, and spend time together for a couple of days.

PaulC

View Profile
Posted : 2 Jan, 2012 08:10 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm curious to know if there are any other young adults on this website that are also exploring professional ministry careers as Clergy, Religious, or Laity. I'm currently discerning a call to the priesthood in the Episcopal Church and am early in my Diocesan ordination process. I am also a Religious in formation with a Celtic monastic Christian fellowship in the Episcopal Church. I think it would be cool to be in touch with other people on this website that are exploring calls to professional ministry careers. It could be a good opportunity for us to share our experiences, commiserate, and discern our various calls together.

God bless!

PaulC

View Profile
What about a forum page for those considering calls to professional ministry?
Posted : 2 Jan, 2012 08:06 PM

I'm in the ordination process with my Diocese and hope to go to seminary and become a priest in the Episcopal Church. I am also in formation as a Religious in a Celtic monastic Christian fellowship in the Episcopal Church. I think it'd be cool to have a forum on here for people exploring various calls to professional ministry as Clergy, Religious, or Laity to connect, share their experiences, and perhaps discern their various callings together.

PaulC

View Profile
Exercise
Posted : 2 Jan, 2012 08:02 PM

I've just started doing treadmill work. I found this running program on the Navy's pre-boot camp conditioning information. I'm not joining, but it's a good program to take you from zero to running at a steady pace. My goal is to run at least one charity 5k this year.

PaulC

View Profile
No luck on this site.
Posted : 2 Jan, 2012 08:00 PM

Samrenee08: I've missed IMs from people after I've already gone off of the website. I don't even know how to send them. Realizing that made me understand how my Grandpa feels with technology. haha

PaulC

View Profile
LOVE WINS by ROB BELL
Posted : 2 Jan, 2012 07:54 PM

I love this book. I think it is a very emergent piece which can be appreciated and understood by many denominations, which will hopefully someday help in the movement to break down some of the man-made walls that have been built to separate Christians from one another.

PaulC

View Profile
Devotions
Posted : 2 Jan, 2012 07:44 PM

What's your style? I pray the Daily Office every day using the Celtic Daily Prayer book from the Northumbria Community and the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer. The CDP has some great daily readings and meditations that I incorporate into my morning and evening prayers. I also pray an Anglican rosary using the Lord's Prayer on the cross, the "glory be" on the invitatory, "guide me waking and guard me sleeping" on the cruciforms, and the Jesus prayer on the weeks. I have a smartphone with a Daily Bible app that has a bunch of reflections and devotions that you can use also.

Page : 1 2