Author Thread
sunnygirl94

View Profile
Dating for seniors
Posted : 28 May, 2022 09:27 AM

I'd like to see a group started for us older people.

sunnygirl94

View Profile
AGE RANGES SET BY MALES AT THIS SITE.
Posted : 2 Jan, 2013 08:40 AM

I ran across a profile of a guy today that seemed to be a really good match for me. He is 55 and I'm 59. When I checked his age range he had any age to 40! Here's a guy that's got most the qualities I'm looking for and I can't contact him! Of course, now I'm rethinking my opinion of him. I saw a guy on this forum comment that maybe men set their range low as to avoid the "craziness" involved with us menopausal or post menopausal women!if that's truly their

attitude then they need some education. Do you men seriously think you go thru your entire life all even keel and perfectly emotionally balanced? Like you age perfectly, emotionally sound? HA! Get over yourselves! Just your choice in age for a woman many times reveals your lack of emotional stability.

I was recently politely chastised for having my age rang page set to 10 years either side of my age of 59. The gentleman in questioned wanted to contact me and was 45. I lowered my limit to 44 and he and I are just starting to correspond.if nothing's else, I've made a new friend and will value that.

Maybe we all should set our age range to "any age". You can choose who to reply to. Just a thought for both sexes.

sunnygirl94

View Profile
Hello from Sunny Florida!
Posted : 28 May, 2012 11:48 AM

I've lived and worked here in SW Florida for 38 years. I'm originally from Maryland. I work as a letter carrier and have done so for 31 years. I love people and enjoy my job very much. I especially enjoy it when God puts someone in my path on my route that needs a word or even just a smile. I've stood outside my mail truck and prayed with a customer. If my customers want to listen, I'm quick to witness to them and give them a bit of my testimony.

I attend an evangelical church that I adore! We're growing and the fellowship is amazing!

I love animals and especially kitties! I have two furry "kids" that I love and adore!

I'd like to find a Godly man within my state. But I'm not ruling out someone from another state. Afterall, it's up to God and I'm sure not prideful enough to hinder His direction for me!

God bless you all in your search!

Robin

sunnygirl94

View Profile
Just a hello
Posted : 28 May, 2012 11:37 AM

God bless you, Mitch. Not realizing your age, I viewed your profile. I'm sure God has some young lady out there for you.

Didn't want you to think I was some "cougar"! lol!!!!

Be blessed!

Robin

sunnygirl94

View Profile
Encouragement
Posted : 28 May, 2012 11:33 AM

Excellant message sister! Thanks for being brave and speaking the truth in love. God bless you!

Robin

sunnygirl94

View Profile
Be cautious!
Posted : 28 May, 2012 11:31 AM

I've been on this site for about 3 years now. I just want to caution some of our newer users about anyone trying to get them to chat or email outside the website. The web administrator doesn't give that recomendation for nothing! I was on-line today when my live chat window opened and a gentleman from Ga. wanted to talk. Right away he tells me he's actually in Africa, doing work there. Several red flags popped up during our conversation. 1; he wanted to know if I lived alone. I didn't answer. 2; his sentence syntax was off....I mean, I understand not everyone is a good typist and we all make typos. But there just wasn't something quite right about his "voice".

3: He gave me a phone number and wanted me to call him. I would not. I Googled the number later and discovered it was to some Occupy Wallstreet party line! Also, the company he said he worked for is not located in Ga. as he said. 4: He wanted my email. HUGE RED FLAG! My warning to you all! Don't go outside this site to talk or email until you are very sure about someone.And if they try to "guilt" you into it by telling you you're not trusting or not being a "good Christian" with that attitude.....RUN!

LASTLY; read carefully and observe how someone talks. This site is great at catching and banning potential scammers. But sometimes it might not be quick enough and we all need to be vigilant. Pray about all potential contacts! God will reveal the truth to you! He has for me many times!

God bless all my sisters and brothers in their search for a Godly partner!

Robin

sunnygirl94

View Profile
What about the age limit?
Posted : 28 May, 2012 10:35 AM

Amen, sister! I was doing a search on here today (something I don't usually do). I found several men within my home state of Fl. which seemed suitable for me. But I was appalled in a couple of cases to see that they had their lower age limit set for 30 years younger! I missed their upper limit by only 2 or 3 years; yet they were older than myself! How very true that such would not be good spiritual leaders in a successful Christian marriage. I was disheartened that I could not contact some seemingly very compatible men. I agree with all your comments! Guys....if you are truly interested in finding a true Christian woman and expect her to be interested in you....think about the picture it paints of you when you set ridiculous limits (accepting no one a few years older than yourself or only up to 5-10 years younger than you!

sunnygirl94

View Profile
Am I the only one who feels this way?
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 10:08 AM

I can identify somewhat with what the original writer said. I've only been on here a short time, but have been on other sites for quite some time. I've made a few very nice "friends" and we chat back and forth, but that's not quite what I'd like for a relationship.

My view on it is; I'm special. God created me a certain way....the way He wanted so that I will fit the man he's preparing for me. Even though I'm approaching that time in life when most people are well into their marriages, careers, family raising, etc; I'm just embarking on my search for a man to have a Godly relatiosnship with. Yep, I'm a late bloomer. But sometimes we're the ones that have the best scent!

Pray, pray and more prayer. Praise Him for what He has given you! In my case, I think Him daily for giving me a second chance at life. And for saving me from the pit. That is surely where I was headed! I don't want a man to complete me....I want one that will compliment me and I, him. Together, we'll praise, worship and love our Savior!

sunnygirl94

View Profile
Goofy messages from my X
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 09:55 AM

Oh my goodness 2sparrows! lol!!!!