Author Thread
Feed_the_Poor

View Profile
looks and weight
Posted : 11 Feb, 2010 08:59 PM

When looking at a photo we can often ascertain a little about the person's background, interests, or character. These are the things that are important to me when looking at a photo. Physical attractiveness matters only slightly to me, because if I grow to love someone for his inner qualities, I love his body also, just because he lives in it.

Feed_the_Poor

View Profile
What is Wrong
Posted : 6 Jan, 2009 08:23 PM

I read your profile and you sound like a nice person. I am sure that in time you will find someone who sees the special man God made you. However, I will give you a few suggestions that might help find more online friends.

1. Take a new photo, and in this photo, put on a shirt, take off your hat, and SMILE.

2. If you are employed, list what you are doing for work under "career" even if you don't intend to do it the rest of your life. (Or if you are a full-time student, write "student.") If you are unemployed at this time, you might as well face the fact that many girls will hesitate being interested in a male who is unemployed - they may wonder if you watch TV all day and depend on your parents to support you. It just doesn't sound very grown up and responsible to most girls if you don't have a job (unless you are a full time student) when you are nineteen years old.

Best wishes. That special girl is out there looking for you, too!

Feed_the_Poor

View Profile
Successful marriages/relationships
Posted : 6 Jan, 2009 08:09 PM

Hi,

I am sure we can all improve in this area.

Have you read the book "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman? I think it is worth reading. Although it is valuable to find which love languages mean the most to your partner and make sure to show her love in these ways, I also believe it is good to learn to "speak" love to your partner in all five languages. Learning to give and receive love in new ways keeps things fresh and fun.

Feed_the_Poor

View Profile
Love?
Posted : 13 Apr, 2008 10:10 AM

To me, love is the willingness to look for the good of the other even when it involves sacrifice and denial of one's own interest.

To me, the only real love, in other words, is agape love.

What passes for love in this society seems to me to be a combination of infatuation (which lasts at most maybe a year) and sexual desire.

People usually marry and date because of infatuation, sexual desire, or perhaps even economic or social motives. However, the only way a marriage can last and be happy (at least this is what I believe) is if both partners learn to love each other with agape love, which to me is the only real love there is.

Feed_the_Poor

View Profile
I Need Some Suggestions
Posted : 13 Apr, 2008 10:04 AM

I would avoid talking about your past marriage unless asked specific questions, then answer them honestly.

In addition, I would make a point of only saying (and thinking) good things about your past wife rather than criticizing her. Obviously, there were good things about her and bad things about her (like there are about all of us). It is healthier to concentrate on the good things.

The same about your marriage. There were good things and bad things about it. Concentrate and talk about the things you learned from it. If you haven't learned anything about yourself from it, you probably need to examine this issue.

The main thing you want to communicate about your marriage is not that you were the good guy and your wife the bad guy, but that you have emotionally moved past the trauma and have learned from what went wrong, and that you are emotionally free to start a new relationship.

Best wishes!

Feed_the_Poor

View Profile
India
Posted : 11 Apr, 2008 08:41 PM

Hi-

I am interested in hearing from missionaries in India or other people interested in India.

God bless you all!

Dulcinea