Author Thread
Cheris

View Profile
What are the biggest turn off you seen on a mans profile?
Posted : 10 Feb, 2011 06:11 PM

Grammar, mugshots, and a lack of "realism" in the essay portion. I'm flawed and tend to stay on God's pottery wheel quite a bit. But I can easily acknowledge my faults and actively try to work on them.

Cheris

View Profile
Prayer for the workplace
Posted : 1 Feb, 2011 04:38 AM

Everyone,

Please pray for not only my workplace but everyone's. Stay encouraged and remember that God is in control of every situation. And at times we have to be that light in a hostile work environment!

Cheris

View Profile
Please Please Pray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted : 1 Feb, 2011 04:34 AM

Sending prayers now and giving the message to my friends.:prayingm:

Cheris

View Profile
America's solution to the recession
Posted : 19 Jan, 2011 06:43 PM

I'm of the mind that the answer is relatively simple. Our country has aborted itself to disaster.

How many abortions have been done within the last 60-80 years? Now think if those lives made a total of about 30-35k a year. Social security would still be of use, the cure for cancer and various other diseases might have been discovered.

Cheris

View Profile
Dynasty Warriors
Posted : 18 Jan, 2011 05:59 PM

Okay, has anyone played DW6 Empires? I am stuck on the constructing a base assignment. I can never save all the villagers in time! Any tips or should I just go back to playing Assassin's Creed?

Cheris

View Profile
CALLING ALL GEEKS =)
Posted : 18 Jan, 2011 05:38 PM

I love comics and manga. As you said the art is amazing and having a great storyline is a plus!:dancingp: I've actually spent over $300 in book a million in less than 20 minutes...:laugh:

Cheris

View Profile
The Pre-Trib Rapture: Interpreting Scripture By Scripture
Posted : 16 Jan, 2011 11:33 AM

Some nice posts have been made. My next question is isn't the removal of the church necessary to remove intercession? Like the instance of Sodom and Gomorrah if God was able to find the righteous he would not destroy the cit?

Cheris

View Profile
The Pre-Trib Rapture: Interpreting Scripture By Scripture
Posted : 14 Jan, 2011 01:15 PM

Halfback, I hope this clears up a few thing for you and proves helpful.

Question: "What is the Rapture of the church?"

Answer: The word �rapture� does not occur in the Bible. The concept of the rapture, though, is clearly taught in Scripture.

The rapture of the church is the event in which God removes all

believers from the earth in order to make way for His righteous judgment to be poured out on the earth during the tribulation period. The rapture is described primarily in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 1 Corinthians 15:50-54.

God will resurrect all believers who have died, give them glorified

bodies, and take them from the earth, along with those believers who are still alive and who will at that time also be given glorified bodies. �For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven, with a

loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever� (1Thessalonians 4:16-17).

The rapture will be instantaneous in nature, and we will receive glorified bodies at that time.

�Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed�in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised

imperishable, and we will be changed� (1 Corinthians 15:51-52).

The rapture is the glorious event we should all be longing for. We will finally be free from sin. We will be in God's presence forever.

There is far too much debate over the meaning and scope of the rapture. This is not God�s intent. Rather, in regard to the rapture, God wants us to �encourage each other with these words� (1Thessalonians 4:18)

Cheris

View Profile
10 Commandments, Christ's crucifixion, and fallen angels
Posted : 7 Jan, 2011 07:19 PM

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts. I also think that in the case of Lucifer in particular that pride is still a major issue.

On the ark of the covenant aren't the two cherubs gazing into it trying to understand the mercy of God and how far it goes?

Cheris

View Profile
A discussion on age and why it should not be an important factor in dating
Posted : 7 Jan, 2011 07:12 PM

Agreed. But I won't let age affect my decisions because I don't want to miss out on an opportunity God may give me.

Page : 1 2